30 DAY SHRED FEBRUARY GROUP

Options

Replies

• Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    alright, i got to start doing the shred again today. weekends are the bane of my weight loss efforts. is it better/do you guys prefer doing the workout

1. first thing in the morning or
    2. before dinner or
    3. late at night?

I don't really know what is "best for you" but I prefer to do the Shred in the morning to get my metabolism going & then i go to the gym about 3 hours after dinner...it makes me feel like I burned my calories for the day before I go to sleep & will wake up lighter :laugh:
  • bevjones601
    Options
    ok i just got my 30 day shred today so ill start it tomorrow
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    kept up with the group till L1D4... mia for a few days... gotta catch up and get serious again. tomorrow's another day. would you start at day1 or do a couple rounds and call it day6?? feel like a cheat doing the latter... humph.
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done. Getting much better with the exception of the push-ups and the side lunges and arm raises. I don't know how I will be ready for leave 2 in another 5 days. However I am not nearly as sore the next day like I was at the begining.
  • NZhogiebear
    Options
    L1D8 done, since yesterday i did it without taking a 5 sec break i decided to up the intenisity, so today i kicked my own *kitten* :laugh: (lol) cant believe that my fitness has improved this much!! good luck to those who are just starting out, IT DOES GET BETTER!!!!! though i am not looking forward to level 2 in a couple of days, keep it up guys!!!! :D
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Just finished D7 on Level 1. Part of it are still a bit of a struggle but it's definitely getting better. :)
  • luvlys05
    Options
    alright, i got to start doing the shred again today. weekends are the bane of my weight loss efforts. is it better/do you guys prefer doing the workout

1. first thing in the morning or
    2. before dinner or
    3. late at night?

i heard option 1 is great for metabolism and all.. but i have trouble waking in the mornings plus i have to shower AND dry my hair (it doesn't really dry if i don't blow dry it).

option 2 is most ideal for me except for days when i have to eat with my family. then i would have to wait till 1030 or so to get my exercise in since they usually eat at 830. but some times i come home from work hungry and snack a bit too..

not sure how long you're supposed to wait after dinner before exercising.. also means i have a higher chance of skipping out on my workout.

thoughts?

I always feel much better doing it in the morning. I think I feel more motivated to just do it and get it over with in the am. Sometimes (like today) I tell myself I'm going to do my work stuff first and then workout. Buuuuutt, here it is 9:10 pm and I still haven't done it. If I don't do it mid-morning before other things the day just gets away from me. I hadn't heard that option 1 was best for metabolism, but that totally makes sense. I just feel more energized for the rest of the day if I do it in the morning!!

Anyway, my daughter is watching Snow White right now and it's almost over and then I WILL get my workout in before I go to bed tonight!! Lol
  • luvlys05
    Options
    day 6 done!!
  • Mundy86
    Mundy86 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    L1D4 done. I was screaming at the tv tonight. Feels good to get it done, its just during that sucks. There is no way that I could get up before work. I get up at 530 as it is and I hate that. May be one day I will try and see how I feel, but I doubt it. We will see when I do it on my day off tomorrow. Most likely before 1200 as my husband is in school until then. Hope it puts me in a good mood.
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OK back on this i feel like a let down to all you commited people doing this challenge as i started this off, i had family over all weekend and my bums and tums class last night so onwards and upwards from today with Day4 L1 to complete, keep up all the excellent work that you are all doing im sure you will all have some excellent results

;-)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    day 5 done
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    Day 5 L1 done!! Did a double session because I've been slacking the last couple of days and am calling it day 5 even though it should be 8. i thought i would start over totally and call it day 1 because of the slacking, but i'm finding most of the workouts do-able. it's the lunges that kill me! i hate hate hate them!!! no weight loss, but def feeling stronger! keep it up everyone!! :)
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Day 10 Completed :happy:
  • lovefamily5
    lovefamily5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been sick the past couple days, but plan to do D7 tomorrow. I have been on L1, my trainer says I can do L3 but I don't think I'm ready for that! :noway: I plan on trying L2 tomorrow.
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Level 1 done. And I feel awesome. Had a really crappy day at work and was stressed, but now I feel great. I feel I am getting stronger. Still struggling with some parts, hopefully I can get it down within 4 days. I so hope to move to level 2 on time.
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Just finished D8. I was so excited today that I was doing more stuff with Natalie...I'd say maybe half the time. Big improvement from the first day when I thought I would die before I finished...lol.
  • luvlys05
    Options
    day 7 level 1!!
  • teramae
    teramae Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Day 9, Level 1! Feels good, gonna hit it hard tomorrow, as it will be my last day before LEVEL 2 (eeekkkk, not looking forward to reliving the first 3 days of muscle soreness...I don't know if that will acutally happen when I go the the next level, but I'm hoping not!)
  • NZhogiebear
    Options
    L1D9 done and dusted, feels better, feeling nervous about level 2 in a couple of days, new challenge, just when i am starting to feel good about level 1.

Good luck everyone :):)
  • Mundy86
    Mundy86 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    L1D5 DONE!!!!
    The first circuit is normally no issue but today I was just so tired, it was tough. I pushed through and the rest of the circuits were the same as before. My plan was to do it everyday but not sure if that is going to happen. Tomorrow will be the true test as I work.