February Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I got 3 miles on the elliptical. Does that count?
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Well...I'm really messing this up this month! I so need to go out and do my walking!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Well...I'm really messing this up this month! I so need to go out and do my walking!

You can do this Virgo. Sitting here cheering your on. You give me strength when I need it, I hope I can give you some also. Hugs.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Got in 1 mile today. I logged 2...and had to change it. My ankle started really hurting on my 2nd lap...I limped my last quarter of a mile. haha Tomorrow should be better hopefully.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Yaaa!!! Virgo for getting your walk in :happy: I hope your ankle is better today.:flowerforyou:

I walked 3 miles yesterday bringing my total to 8 miles walked.

Feb goal 40 miles - 8 miles done = 32 miles left to do.
  • Beth70068
    Options
    13 done
    total 64 down 356 to go. I will be walking a lot the last weekend of February due to Mardi Gras parades. Been working late and weekends so haven't been able to walk like I want to.
  • FabulousGia
    Options
    I walked 2.54 miles yesterday.
  • FabulousGia
    Options
    Still walking with 'Leslie' but have also added my walk to work, which is a little over .5mile.

LouiseXXX

I add all my "outdoor" walking (to and from the office, the subway, the library, etc.) to my daily total. Doing so really helps me to appreciate the distance to those places :-).
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Yaaa!!! Virgo for getting your walk in :happy: I hope your ankle is better today.:flowerforyou:

I walked 3 miles yesterday bringing my total to 8 miles walked.

Feb goal 40 miles - 8 miles done = 32 miles left to do.

You can do it! Glad to see your out walking too :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    So sad! I'm stuck at 30 minutes. I have a horrible cold with aches and fever. I stayed home from work yesterday and today (something I never do). I really hope I get to workout tomorrow. It's strange (b/c I used to hate exercising) but I miss it! I miss how good I feel when I'm finished. It's like a high when I complete a workout, especially a workout I thought I could never do. Wish me luck. My goal for this month is going to be harder to reach now since I've missed a few days. :sick:

When you get to feeling better it will be easier to catch up. :) Make sure your getting plenty of vitamins!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Ok, I put together a graph for week one. :) I meant to do it Monday but missed.

Also mrsweigl I converted yours from km to mi & harley0269 yours from hours to min. You don't have to worry about this on your tickers, I just wasn't sure how to do the graph unless everyone's was the same.

Let me know if I missed anyone, or if I have the wrong totals. Sometimes I miss a post or 2. :)

This is the link so you can see it full sized (and read it easier lol) - http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9580/graphweek1feb.jpg

graphweek1feb.jpg
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Hey, Virgo, the graphs look great! Thanks for keeping us in line! I got 5.5 miles today on the elliptical.
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making the graphs, Virgo. They are really a great motivational tool. I need to catch up!!!:wink:
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Just to completely confuse you, I'm going to add my walk to and from work (it's only 1 mile there and back, but it all counts!!!) and the 'walking bus' I do (around 1 mile).
    So for Week 1:
    Tues = 4miles
    Wed = 5miles
    Thu = 4miles
    Fri = 5miles
    Sat = 5miles
    Total = 23miles

Week 2 (so far):
    Mon = 4miles
    Tues = 4 miles
    Wed = 5miles
    Thu = 4miles
    sub-total = 17miles

I'm off to update my ticker!

LouiseXXX
  • sassyshelley
    sassyshelley Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    had a really good walk before my night shift yesterday, just getting my garbage out hitting bed and maybe get up early enough in the afternoon for another walk...at least a 1/2 hr anyways. I am tired!
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I made it on my treadmill a little earlier today than I usually do. I spent most of time talking to my daughter on the phone. The time passed so quickly and I walked 2.5 miles. My daughter talked me into joining this group and I am so glad that she did. You are keeping me on track! Thanks to all of you.
  • Tlkt1969
    Tlkt1969 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge will try to post daily. Thanks for the motivation to get myself on the treadmill everyday!!!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I made it on my treadmill a little earlier today than I usually do. I spent most of time talking to my daughter on the phone. The time passed so quickly and I walked 2.5 miles. My daughter talked me into joining this group and I am so glad that she did. You are keeping me on track! Thanks to all of you.

If talking to your daughter helped you get through your workout, then your miles should count for her too, right?:wink:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I just finished 5.75 miles. whew
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Glad to see everyone updating. :) I think we are going to have a lot of walking in this month!

I need to get out and do my walk today! I totally blew off 3 days, so now I'm trying to play catch up...I can't wait for the month that I manage to get my walking in everyday.