The Randoms - February 2011

Options

Replies

• earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    TaraMaria - we're staying just for a week this time :) My husband is from London, so we're there visiting the inlaws. This will be the first time his grandmother is meeting our daughter - so as much as I didn't want to go trans-atlantic with a toddler there is no way I could deny her that opportunity!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Aww Kiki! That will be sooo special! What an amazing trip! So if your daughter will be 20 months old, that puts her birthday in December? Is she a Christmas baby? :o)

QOTD: Are you an Extrovert or an Introvert? :o)
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    QOTD: I'm an exrovert (but introvert when it comes to weight!) My friends would NEVER know I have any insecurities, I rock this body w/ my head held high! But, when I jump on the scale... it does make me a little self concious. In fact, I've never even stated my ACTUAL weight on mfp until this week. (Hoping this can help me be semi-extroverted and energized by people in the same shoes as me!!!) I'm in a different state of mood.. instead of dwelling on the weight, I'm actually looking forward to the challenge! Will be a great thing knowing I can do this..... My fiance does know my actual weight, as he knows everything about me............ but he is about the only person. Him and my doctor! haha I kind of got a way from this qotd, but I truly am an extrovert. I love being around people/talking/smiling/and sharing tmi (within constraint!) Although I enjoy some 'alone' time once in a while, I feel refreshed when I get to see people I love!!!
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    @TaraMaria: I just read your blog 'pics before and after.' What an inspiration you are! Besides the trials you have been through (and I know more than most women your age!!!) You still keep a positive attitude and try to help/inspire any way you can. Congrats on your success :-) And thanks for your inspiration!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

I'm 99% an extrovert. I find it pretty easy to talk to people, and I seem to get along with just about everyone. Once I get up the guts to be in a new situation with people I don't know, it's not as bad to start conversations with people. And losing weight has only made it easier. I took a leap with going on the booze cruise in October, not knowing anyone that was going, and it worked out perfectly because it's where I met Randy... lol. At work I don't mind interacting with people, usually my group uses me to get things done quickly because I'm not afraid to talk to someone about an issue. I used to be a bit of an introvert around guys, but that's pretty much gone after being an engineering major and especially now that I'm skinnier :)
  • earthsember
    Options
    TaraMaria - she was so close to being a December baby :) 11/24 - we brought her home from the hospital Thanksgiving day!!! Is that your little one there in your userpic? :)

QOTD response - I'm fairly introverted but working on it! I was very social as a kid, but after moving to a new state, on my own, I've gotten used to loads of alone time. I actually do enjoy it, but when I do feel like being social and realize the only people I know around here are my husband and a handful of people it's a little sad!
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Dezil - You are so sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words! :o) Posting your weight is an excellent idea! Its always awesome to find people with the same goals or in your same weight range! :o)

Kiki - That is Mister Grady in my profile picture! He is three and he is my pride and joy! :o) This August he will be 4 and I wish I could freeze time! Its all gone too fast! :o)

QOTD: I am definitely extroverted. To the point that I joke with friends about how shy I am. Shy, mousy, demure...Yes...completely sarcastic. Ha ha! I will say that when I was heavier that the bouncing up and down Tara did kind of go back into the shadows. I've dealt with quite a few medical issues the past few years and I think that did a number on my energy level and personality. Now that I've lost the weight and figured out the best ways to manage my autoimmune issues, Tara is back! Woot! I love laughing, joking, being with people I love...I've actually had friends come and find me at Wal-mart because they said they heard me laughing and knew it had to be me! :blushing: LOL! I know that dealing with my medical issues caused me to find my introvert side but I think this is good! I now feel like I can balance out the two sides and apply them to different situations. Though if you want to see me in my element? I'm probably the loudest one, laughing my butt off and having a good time! :o)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options

I guess I am an introvert. I love having quiet time to myself, but part of that could be because I have 7 children and my 5 grandbaby on the way, so I dont get much alone time. But I have always enjoyed having time to myself, to read , crochet and be on the computer. But I also love getting together with family and friends, so I am not a total introvert.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    my weigh in days are on friday so here goes
    weigh in 200.2 I lost 1.2 lbs this week, can you believe how close I am to onderland, oh I cant wait
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Extrovert--through and through. I wear my heart on my sleeve.

No loss again this week. I'm incredibly bummed and looking for a nutritionist who can possibly help me get some answers. This is frustrating!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    QOTD: I am an introvert that pretends to be an extrovert, if that makes any sense. If I am really comfortable in the situation or the situation needs someone to do something bold I can do it but I prefer to stand back and observe.
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

I think I am an introvert. I get nervous around new people. But I think now I have at least come to the point that I can talk without getting too nervous. But once I get to know someone I can't stop talking :-)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Happy dance I am now within 20lbs of my goal weight! 19lbs actually! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • earthsember
    Options
    Woohoo, Friday night people!

Hope everyone has fun and healthy plans for the weekend :)
    Saturday mornings are a killer for me, I have class at 8am - 11am and then always feel tempted when I'm walking through the Student Union Building, because french fries and other sinful stuff is being cooked up. I think I need to start packing a healthy treat for those situations...I never think about it, because it's the only day I actually have class on campus.

Oh! And!
    Happy dance I am now within 20lbs of my goal weight! 19lbs actually! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Congrats you! That is such an accomplishment!!!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    QOTD: Believe it or not...I am right between introvert and extrovert on most personality tests. I tend to be split between traits and though most people would see me as extroverted--that is often not what is going on inside. I tend to have a few close friends and I do not like crowds. I need both time to myself and time with people to feel energized.
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    QOTD: I'm not really sure. I like being alone, but I also really enjoy being with people.
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Well! I'm glad that regardless of whether or not you are introverted or extroverted...you are here! :o)

Plans this weekend? I'm feeling pretty exhausted today already, I hate that! I'm really excited that we don't have a whole lot of plans today. Possibly a friend coming over but nothing for sure. Tomorrow we have our first full meeting with the cast for the fundraiser we are putting together in April. I'm kind of nervous about that. Just making sure I have everything together that I need. I'm sure it will all work out though! We have a great group of people! :o)

I better go...I've got to keep track of my two men. I did a lot of cleaning last night and already this morning I've heard one of them destroying it. I wonder which one of them it was...hehehe... :o)
  • earthsember
    Options
    Saturday morning! Sort of circumvented the normal route and passed all the fries and stuff....and ended up in the library at Starbucks. Didn't do too bad, just a tall nonfat caramel machiatto....140cals :)

RaeNicoll - That's about where I am. I think that's healthy though, it's good to know how to spend time alone; when I was younger I felt like I ALWAYS needed to be around people and I'd just sort of sit there wondering what to do if I didn't have someone to visit or call on the phone. Now I relish my alone time, haha.

SumDumBum - Well that sounds balanced!

TaraMaria - Fundraiser? :) What are you trying to raise funds for (I'm new so I must have missed it :) )?
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Ruth- I'm SOO excited for you!!! That's a great accomplishment!

RaeNicoll- I think I'm a lot like you too. I'm kinda middle of the road although I'm more extrovert than introvert.

I had 2 bridal showers today and we went out for mexican tonight. Not a good combination. I did fairly well at the showers compared to normal, but I have no idea what calories were actually in anything I ate today which I hate. I don't like not being in control of what I eat. Tomorrow we are going to church, ice skating with our bible study and then having bible study at someone's house. Should be fun!

Have a good one!