P90X Group?

Options

Replies

• mdpagan
    Options
    I just started my P90X workout yesterday. I am doing the Lean workout with hopes of losing 15-20 lbs by June. Does anyone have any advice on the Nutrition Guide as i did not receive it? Also...I keep hearing about Insanity. Can someone fill me in on what that is?
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Kempo is done WOOT! I am confused about my calorie burn....last week I burned about 50 more calories than this week and this week I used weighted gloves and felt like I pushed HARD....any ideas? We are also thinking about cutting our recovery week down to 4 days cause we are going on a cruise the end of March and are wanting to try to get our last week to line up with the cruise so we can workout (treedmill...eliptical ect.) on the boat...any thoughts?

I have noticed my calorie burn was lower last week than the first week. My heartrate has not been as high even though I am working harder. I guess because my heart is not having to work as hard as in the beginning. As for getting ready for the cruise, I don't see what cutting out a couple of days would hurt.

Great job pushing harder!! Keep it up girl!! :)
  • Stefani74
    Options
    I just started my P90X workout yesterday. I am doing the Lean workout with hopes of losing 15-20 lbs by June. Does anyone have any advice on the Nutrition Guide as i did not receive it? Also...I keep hearing about Insanity. Can someone fill me in on what that is?

We are using the Nutrition Guide and its set up in 3 phases. We are on phase one right now. Basically high protein and low carbs for muscle building. You may be able to find the info online. Insanity is more of an intense cardio workout, more for fat burning than to build muscle. I hear it's great too! I plan on doing it after I complete P90X.
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi All....

Is it too late to join this fab group? The hubs and I are starting on day 1 today and I would love to have some other people to compare notes with.
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Hi All....

Is it too late to join this fab group? The hubs and I are starting on day 1 today and I would love to have some other people to compare notes with.

The more support the better! Good luck! The first week is KILLER!! Was for my hubby and I anyway! :)
  • bsoxluvr
    Options
    Hi All....

The more support the better! Good luck! The first week is KILLER!! Was for my hubby and I anyway! :)

I'm so scared!!
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Hi All....

I'm so scared!!

I was terrified! But we did it and now I love it!! I was actually suprised by what I could do! You just have to make that commitment to do it and keep going!!
  • Stefani74
    Options
    So tonight is YOGA!! Just gotta remember get through the first half and the rest is easy!! Builds strength and balance!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • bsoxluvr
    Options
    Tried day 1 yesterday and it was a fail. :sad: I didn't realize that you still needed a chin up bar to use the bands, so I really just did a lot of half a$$ed push ups and tried to look at their form. I can't even do a real push up! I know I will be able to do it if I stay committed, but man was it hard to picture my future rock hard body as I was trying to keep up!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Tried day 1 yesterday and it was a fail. :sad: I didn't realize that you still needed a chin up bar to use the bands, so I really just did a lot of half a$$ed push ups and tried to look at their form. I can't even do a real push up! I know I will be able to do it if I stay committed, but man was it hard to picture my future rock hard body as I was trying to keep up!

If you have a Sports Authority near you they carry the resistance bands, and the strap that fits over your closed door. You don't really need a chin up bar. We have one, and I've never used it. I use three resistance bands on one handle (Sports Authority).
  • my8kidsmom
    my8kidsmom Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I bet you are being too hard on yourself :) I can't do a real pushup yet either but I am getting there! (forget pull ups, I can even hold myself up but I am going to get there!)
  • Stefani74
    Options

Don't give up!! You will get stronger!! 3 weeks in and I can feel things firming up already!! You will get that rock hard body....just keep going!!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hello everyone...
    Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days. Today is day 42... Almost half way there... Feeling Great.
    I love reading all of your messages, keep posting them. The motivation keeps me pushing play and going harder every day. I'm looking forward to my Day 60 Pics, I know there will be definite results! Bringin It!
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Well 3 weeks is almost complete! Kenpo tonight, rest tomorrow and then RECOVERY WEEK!! Nervous about changing things up since I just got to where I could do everything!! Have heard Core was really tough! But I am excited!! Can't wait to see the difference after 4 weeks!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Well 3 weeks is almost complete! Kenpo tonight, rest tomorrow and then RECOVERY WEEK!! Nervous about changing things up since I just got to where I could do everything!! Have heard Core was really tough! But I am excited!! Can't wait to see the difference after 4 weeks!!

Core is one of my favorite P90X workouts. It is so important for the mid-section. Simple crunches just don't do it because you need to strengthen the lower back as well. Core will give you a good calorie burn without jumping around. Hope you love it.
  • my8kidsmom
    my8kidsmom Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already! Woohoo!!
  • Stefani74
    Options

Core is one of my favorite P90X workouts. It is so important for the mid-section. Simple crunches just don't do it because you need to strengthen the lower back as well. Core will give you a good calorie burn without jumping around. Hope you love it.

I was checking out the Core workout just to see what we all we would be doing...I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT!! Looks like an awesome workout!
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    Ok well I took 3 days off and am going to start phase 2 today...I'm a little nervous cause of the back but I have to finish this program...I feel like my life depends on it! So keep me in your though :)
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Ok well I took 3 days off and am going to start phase 2 today...I'm a little nervous cause of the back but I have to finish this program...I feel like my life depends on it! So keep me in your though :)

Be careful and don't overdo it!! So glad to see you haven't lost your determination...but do take care of yourself!!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!! Happy Valentine's Day...

Today is Day 44... Plyometrics! I am brining it harcore...
    Monday's are sooooo long! Stayin Positive... Keepin Stride... Pushin Play.

Have a great day you guys!
    Believe...