How did YOU find MFP?

Options
13»

Replies

• alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Used Fitday about 7 yrs ago when it was the only one around.... Tried LiveStrong for about a minute-- it was SO buggy and annoying. Love this site! The diaries are easy to use and the community is really friendly!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    It was FATE! lol

Was really just looking for a counter to track exercise, and maybe do some half-hearted calorie counting. Did a Yahoo search and looked at one or two others...but was NOT impressed (and refused to pay for them.) Clicked on MFP and was instantly addicted (thank you, OCD). :love:
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law told me about it!

We did a family weight loss challenge last June, his weight was just falling off and by the end of August he had beat us all!! I asked him what he was doing and he showed me the MFP app on his cell. I went to the website & been in love with it ever since!!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    My doctor recommended MFP to me. She has lost 85 lbs!
  • BlutAura
    Options
    iPhone app, I use other apps to track my life goals... YNAB for my finance, etc and stumbled across this.
  • thisISjoel
    Options
    My wife lost a couple of kilos in 2 weeks using it and recommended it to me and the rest is history :)
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    parenting magazine!
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a way to count calories and downloaded like 4 apps for my iPhone this is the only app that actually had a huge variety of foods so I stuck with it a while. It wasn't until months later that i even knew there WAS a website lol. Sadly, I slid back and fell off the wagon/gained the weight back. But I came back in August and have been here daily since.

Same here. I found it by searching for apps on my iphone that counted calories and didn't know it was a website until months later. I love it!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    A long time friend,Shannon023,invited me.

Now you all know who to blame/hate. :tongue:
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Was going to join weight watchers because I wanted to be accountable. I looked for for a new iPhone app to count calories. I got addicted within a few minutes. I didn't even realize there was a website.