• STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    IM IN.....
    TODAY IS DAY ONE FOR ME!!!
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Things are not going well for me. I do have to give myself credit for making it through yesterday (another day 1), but today is getting to be ridiculous. I keep eating because I can't seem to prioritize what I need to be doing today, or it's unpleasant and I don't want to do it (difficult homework:frown: ). This is my 5th day of bingeing in the last week. I have a history of bulimia and I'm really trying not to go there again. Is anyone else fighting an eating disorder relapse?
  • arjames82
    Options
    Ok...almost had a relapse at lunch today, but somehow I managed to fight it...sort of. I was craving McDonald's badly, so I got a kid's meal with milk. Has to be better than getting the supersized Quarter Pounder meal:ohwell:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    The little girl I was working with passed away today and I was with her and her family. It was a honoring and sad experience to be a part of and I fell very tired. Afterwords I really REALLY wanted a big bag of chips or something sweet- or really BOTH of them.

But instead I got a small bag of unsweet choc (from the health food store- thank goodness for bulk section!) and a huge salad with chicken on it. I ate all the salad and then the chocolate and also had some tea. Then I came back to the clinic to talk with my co workers about the death. that also helped.

I realize that sometimes if I can feel full on a large salad with a protein- and have plenty of liquid- it helps to curb the binge a bit because I literally am very full already. I forget that sometimes it is the comfort of fullness that also feels good about a binge and getting that fullness on healthy things takes the edge off a crazy whole bag of chips binge which does sustain me nutrionally, physically and makes me feel sick to my stomach and guilty. It is an interesting thing to recognize.

Tonight I will have some healthy chicken nugget and a lot of steamed broccoli for dinner and make extra broccoli for lunch tomorrow. Getting in these veggies is helping me a lot.

I have also decided to start keeping a journal.

Tonight- a walk around the block or yoga at home!
    tomorrow- AM spin- cant wait!

Have a good rest of the day and please, lets all learn from ourselves and not be hard on ourselves cause I know I have done enough of that in the past. I am ready for new behaviors that serve me better- not the same road.

Hang in there you guys and keep posting.
  • mlillie
    Options
    arjames82- awesome "catch"- what I tell myself when I change a behavior that hasnt worked for me in the past. I think the kids meal was a great option for you.

walnut- I also have a hx of bulima- please keep hanging in here and have you thought about journaling a bit to see what might be- eating you??
  • coachcarr
    Options
    Hello every one iam want to know whats tghe best thing to eat after a evening workout . and before what time.
  • mlillie
    Options
    Make sure you get some protein if you are lifting weights- within 30 min even if it is a protein shake. You muscles need it to rebuild. After your inital protein boost-

Maybe a large plate of steamed veggies, low fat protein, complex carb (brown rice, etc)
    Soup is always great too!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 2 for me, trying to beat my 9 days in a row.

It's been a terrible day -- someone hacked into my email and changed my password (which happens to be the same password for my bank accounts) and I've been trying to deal with the fallout from that ALL day. They sent an email to all 1000 of my contacts asking for money to be wired...

Anyway, in a normal world, I would be setting myself for a "feeling sorry for myself" binge. Instead, I'm going to take my anger out on the treadmill and put this day and myself to bed early.

I'm so, so glad that this thread is here. It really is keeping me honest!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Day 2 round 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: I am REALLY going to try to go for 10 days straight this time!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • walnut
    Options
    arjames82- awesome "catch"- what I tell myself when I change a behavior that hasnt worked for me in the past. I think the kids meal was a great option for you.

walnut- I also have a hx of bulima- please keep hanging in here and have you thought about journaling a bit to see what might be- eating you??

mlillie - That must have been really hard to be there for a client's death... I think I would be reaching for a bag of chips, too. It's good you had co-workers around to talk about it with. Great job turning a potential binge into a healthful meal and !

Thanks for sharing about bulimia. Yeah, I do journal sometimes, although it usually doesn't reveal any news. Tonight I put in a great workout at the gym and now feel fantastic and probably only went over my cals by 100. Yay for exercise!!
  • walnut
    Options
    Today is Day 2 for me, trying to beat my 9 days in a row.

It's been a terrible day -- someone hacked into my email and changed my password (which happens to be the same password for my bank accounts) and I've been trying to deal with the fallout from that ALL day. They sent an email to all 1000 of my contacts asking for money to be wired...

Anyway, in a normal world, I would be setting myself for a "feeling sorry for myself" binge. Instead, I'm going to take my anger out on the treadmill and put this day and myself to bed early.

I'm so, so glad that this thread is here. It really is keeping me honest!

Wow, that really sucks!! I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope everything gets resolved without too much damage.

Exercise really is healing, isn't it? Hope you feel better. :flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    The little girl I was working with passed away today and I was with her and her family. It was a honoring and sad experience to be a part of and I fell very tired. Afterwords I really REALLY wanted a big bag of chips or something sweet- or really BOTH of them.

But instead I got a small bag of unsweet choc (from the health food store- thank goodness for bulk section!) and a huge salad with chicken on it. I ate all the salad and then the chocolate and also had some tea. Then I came back to the clinic to talk with my co workers about the death. that also helped.

I realize that sometimes if I can feel full on a large salad with a protein- and have plenty of liquid- it helps to curb the binge a bit because I literally am very full already. I forget that sometimes it is the comfort of fullness that also feels good about a binge and getting that fullness on healthy things takes the edge off a crazy whole bag of chips binge which does sustain me nutrionally, physically and makes me feel sick to my stomach and guilty. It is an interesting thing to recognize.

Tonight I will have some healthy chicken nugget and a lot of steamed broccoli for dinner and make extra broccoli for lunch tomorrow. Getting in these veggies is helping me a lot.

I have also decided to start keeping a journal.

Tonight- a walk around the block or yoga at home!
    tomorrow- AM spin- cant wait!

Have a good rest of the day and please, lets all learn from ourselves and not be hard on ourselves cause I know I have done enough of that in the past. I am ready for new behaviors that serve me better- not the same road.

Hang in there you guys and keep posting.

I'm so sorry, and so proud of you for doing the right things to work through this extremely difficult situation.
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    UGH, I got ahead of myself. I didn't binge, but I came close and just kept eating when I wasn't hungry. I ate 2100 calories for the day and feel terrible. I didn't work out -- got home too late and have been dealing with email fallout all day.

I don't want this pattern to continue.

I'm going to start over at Day 1 tomorrow, because I'm not happy with the "binge feelings" from tonight -- eating to try to feel better about this crappy day.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    UGH, I got ahead of myself. I didn't binge, but I came close and just kept eating when I wasn't hungry. I ate 2100 calories for the day and feel terrible. I didn't work out -- got home too late and have been dealing with email fallout all day.

I'm going to start over at Day 1 tomorrow, because I'm not happy with the "binge feelings" from tonight -- eating to try to feel better about this crappy day.

You just did 10 days and you'll do it again! Fresh start tomorrow :flowerforyou:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is eating late at night. I was doing really well until the last couple days, It seems like i self sabotage my weight loss everytime. I am getting really upset with myself. i am thinking i need to get on a better sleep schedule and it might help. i find myself up late mostly on this darn computer surfing sites that really don't offer alot of help. i am up early today telling myself today is the day i kick butt again. i am praying to make it thru without binging tonight,I know i cannot keep thinking don't binge or i will obssess on it and i will do something to mess me up. pray for me guys i need it today :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options

Girl i did the same thing!!!! Okay it wasn't a total binger, but we had family over, and i knew better than to sit around the chips and salsa and bs!!! (it was baked chips, though i must add) I then thought well i have gone over my calories, so i ate a few other things i now regret:embarassed: I to figure i ate about 2000 calories
    I am with ya, for me it is such a pattern!!! I know myself i will be super strict for 3-4 days now that i have binged, then do it again......is it all in our heads????
    Day 1 for me also and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of no sweets!!! I feel great!!!!