Options

Replies

• bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    #121 Checkin in....

1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 2/7
    2. 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 20/160
    3. Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 0/3
    4. Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 60/60
    5. Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 100/600

Does using my ab rocket count for my sit-ups...cause thats how I have been doing them...makes the full motion of the sit-up much much easier with less strain on back!!!

Any way you get em done :) I agree it's hard on the neck and the back and we will try to incorportate all the major muscle groups next week without so much focus on one area.. Or maybe uppers one day core one day lower body one day repeat. But cardio should remain at a minumum of 30 minutes daily and should be done at the end of your exercise for more of a fat burn and a longer burn.. I truly believe that is important to remember
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options

1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 3/7
    2. 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 2/4
    3. Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 0/3
    4. Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 0/3
    5. Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 200/600
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    #26 Brittnye

1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 2/7
    2. 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 0/4
    4. Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 1/3
    5. Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 0/600
  • bluemagic33
    Options
    Check in 2/14/``

1)Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 3/7
    2). 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 2/7
    3). Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 3/7
    4). Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 3/7
    5.) Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 2/7

Ended up getting called back to work at 2am this morning for an emergency case. So got the day off which actually turned into alot of work lol... But I got paid to do my own work.. Gotta love rest comp. Hope everyone had a great valentines day.. I made my guys a venison roast, green beans, and mashed potatoe for them a baked sweet potatoe for me.. Yum I have two boys 18 and 22 married almost 24 years :) Was a very nice very busy productive day..

How was your day???
    Laurie
  • dayh1ker
    dayh1ker Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    #67 Viki

1)Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 3/7
    2). 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 1/7
    3). Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 1/7
    4). Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 1/7
    5.) Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 1/7

Managed to get my cardio in on Sunday before getting COMPLETELY sick. I thought I had skated by it after hubby brought it home last week. Felt sort of puny on Sunday morning but went hiking in the woods anyway. I should have listened to my body because I didn't think I was going to make my way back out! Been pretty much flat on my back ever since. Maybe sometime today I can get on my feet and take an easy walk on the treadmill. At least that's something. I don't feel much like eating and really forcing myself to nourish my body. I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how I did today.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    120-Mirna
    2/12/11

1) 1/7 Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week
    2). 0/4 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week.
    3). 0/4 Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can.
    4). 1/7 Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week
    5.) 0/3 Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    Options
    120-Mirna
    2/13/11

1) 2/7 Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week
    3). 0/4 Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can.
    4). 2/2 Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week

I need to work on the push ups, squats and sit ups
  • mirna_ayala0428
    Options
    120-Mirna
    2/14/11

1) 3/7 Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week
    4). 2/2 Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week
  • mirna_ayala0428
    Options
    Hi all! These are names that I have so far. If you don't see your name, please e-mail your info.

Thanks,

Mirna

Winnie
    Laurie
    Kaydean
    Shara
    Viki
    Sara
    Mirna
    Chickadee
    Debbie
    Sybil
    Angela
    Wizzy
    Eurayna
    Renee
    Brittnye
  • bluemagic33
    Options
    ATTENTION!!

Hey ladies, need some imput here.. We have a couple of suggestions for the next challenge and yes this is a challenge so as you all know anything worth having is worth fighting for RIght????

What we are planning if a full hour of cardio 6-7 days of week.. If you need to have one day off, take it. I do since I work a 24 hour shift on wednesdays which I get more than 4 miles of walking in using a pedometer, I take thursdays off just to let my body recover from sometimes yes being awake for 28 hours.

Can everyone commit to an hour of cardio plus additional strength exercise at least 3-4 days per week. If you want results you are going to have to work for them. This week will include arms, abs, obliques, booty lower body? But done in a circuit like so there is not break in between, Start at the top and work you way down and finish with your cardio, the next day you start at the bottom and work your way up finish with the cardio. Cardio should be completed last (not a requirement) but you get the longest burn if it is. For quicker results..

How does everyone feel about it? Could use some feed back this is your challenge, what do you want?

Let either myself
    Chickadee
    Mirna know

Thanks in advance we should have somthing put together by Saturday :) Looks like we have 16 members still in the challenge and 5 weeks left, are you getting close to your goals? I say we push harder, who is with me?
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea to me. Can cardio be anything? For example, I'm cleaning house, probably light/moderate effort, does that count?
  • Winnie45
    Winnie45 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree that with so little time left, it is time to step it up. I can fit the cardio in. In fact, when I start with a good 45 minutes of cardio, it helps my attitude the entire day. I can clip the extra 15 minutes in easily later in the day.

As far as strength training, I want to wear a swimsuit in public this summer, so lower body, bring it on. Lunges and squats of all sorts would be beneficial. Also, a variety of crunches would be good.

I don't know where I am weight-wise right now. I'll be able to weigh in tomorrow at the grocery store.

I'm glad there are still 16 people taking the challenge. I feel "elite" just to be one of those still plugging along!

- Winnie
  • chickadee2010
    Options

1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 4/7
    2. 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 3/4
    4. Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 2/2
    5. Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 300/600
  • bluemagic33
    Options
    Chickadee

anything that gets you heart rate up, mopping floors scrubbing tubs and showers would defiantly be cardio laundry up and down the stairs would be considered cardio.. Dancing to your favorite tunes around the house is good fun cardio.. If you are working up a sweat you are working out. Plain and simple..

I get the tast of making splitting and stacking firewood.. Major cardio so anyone with a fireplace or wood burning stove.. You got this one all while getting some task done that has to be done anyway :)

Winnie glad to hear it , I think you will be please then with the plan for the up coming week.
  • tiddlyjinx
    tiddlyjinx Posts: 181 Member
    Options

1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 4/7
    2. 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 0/4
    4. Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 0/2
    5. Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 0/600

I am still struggling with the stomach flu, so not getting any exercise in.

As far as the challenge for next week, I will try to get as much in as I can, but 6 days is unlikely. I will do my best though.
  • bluemagic33
    Options
    2/15/11

1)Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 4/7
    2). 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 4/7
    3). Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 3/7
    4). Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 4/7
    5.) Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 2/7 not today will complete on thursday

Hope to hear from the rest of you what your idea's are, and what you would like to have incorporated into the workouts.. Anyone have favorites they would like to include? Let us know before friday AM so we can have the plan made by Saturday AM..

Thanks
    Laurie
  • rugrat200324
    rugrat200324 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Well i dont have access to any work out equipment. I have just been walking and doing a little work out that allison helped me create. I am in for the hour cardio but not sure what to do about the strength thing any ideas that i can do at home? I am almost to my goal. I am at 159 and holding for the last 2 weeks. i want to get down to 150- 155 ish. then look to see where i am at that point. I am having trouble with 8 glasses of water also. I was fine at 5 but i have pushed it up to 6 or seven I am working at it. Ill get there soon!!! Thanks for keeping this going.
    Debbie
  • bluemagic33
    Options
    Well i dont have access to any work out equipment. I have just been walking and doing a little work out that allison helped me create. I am in for the hour cardio but not sure what to do about the strength thing any ideas that i can do at home? I am almost to my goal. I am at 159 and holding for the last 2 weeks. i want to get down to 150- 155 ish. then look to see where i am at that point. I am having trouble with 8 glasses of water also. I was fine at 5 but i have pushed it up to 6 or seven I am working at it. Ill get there soon!!! Thanks for keeping this going.
    Debbie

One suggestion for the water, is drink through a straw, you will drink more than anticipated at any given time.. Chances are if you hold it in your hand you will continue to sip on it.. Pick up some extra straws next time you are at a gas station where they sell foutain pop.... No equipment neccisary if you have hand weight great if not and you want to add weight grab two equal size cans out of the pantry.. 5 cups of water is not enough at a minumum it should be 8/8oz cups. Any Dr, nutritionist, or healty guide will confirm that..

I hope this helps... and hope you look forward to the next week challenge :)
    Laurie
  • sybil1106
    Options
    #28 Sybil
    1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water
    2. 4 sets of 10 Pushups
    3. Wall Squats twice a day 1 min each
    4. Get 30 Min of cardio
    5. Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups
  • thebigwindmill
    thebigwindmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    # 102 Angela

1)Drink at least 8 (8oz) of water EVERYDAY this week 4/7
    2). 4 sets of 10 Pushups 4 out of 7 days this week. 1/4 My ab's feeling better!! :happy:
    3). Wall Squats twice a day for 3 out of 7 days this week. Hold as long as you can. 1/3
    4). Get 30 Min of cardio at least 2 out of 7 days this week 0/2
    5.) Do 8 Sets of 25 Sit-ups 3 out of 7 days this week. 0/3

For the challenges for next week, I can try for 6 days of cardio. I'm planning on restarting P90X on Friday since I'm feeling much better. That's 3 days of cardio right there, unless you also count the strength days (I know not technically cardio, but my heart rate's always in the zone with those workouts too). And as for other suggestions, I liked chair dips and toe raises. Those were fun for me and I can do toe raises at work. I'm not so fond of wall squats, or I should, say my stupid knee isn't :grumble: . But if everyone else likes them, I'll still give them a go. :smile:

And I just want to say I agree with the straw helping. It does WONDERS!! I went from drinking 1 to 4 8oz glasses a day (average was prob 2 glasses) to drinking 9 to 15 glasses! I once drank 24 oz in 10 minutes! That's just mind boggling for me. I'm one of those people that ignored thirst so long that I never felt it anymore. I still don't feel thirsty as much as I think normal people do, but at least I feel it now.