Like minded lushes -Februay 2011

Options

Replies

• CMMandeville
    CMMandeville Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I think I found a good palace for me! I am good about limiting my adult beverage intake now that I realize how many calories are in some drinks. Holy cow! I couldnt believe how many were in come of the fun cocktails! I now realize that I need to chose my drinks wisely. My one downfall, however, is Thursday evenings. I have had "Steak & Wine Night" every Thursday evening for about 4 years now. It is the one night of the week I know I can always look forward too. Plus, how can you EVER go wrong with a beautiful, bloody steak, and a delicious glass ... or bottle ... of red wine! :-) As much as I love this night, I really dislike the amount of cardio I must do earlier in the day, and sometimes even the next day. But what can ya do, it's been a weekly scheduled even for like 4 years. It would be like not showing up to Christmas or something ... psh ... Anyway, nice to meet you guys! Cheers!
  • CMMandeville
    Options
    :tongue:
  • CMMandeville
    Options
    Wowzer!!! Talk about a headache today! I had 3 glasses of red wine last night (maybe only 2.5 it's a little fuzzy) and a couple shots of vodka. Holy crap, my head hurt so bad this morning that I skipped my workout - I never do that, and all I wanted was a cheeseburger, lol. Didn't give into that craving thank god. Have been drinking a ton of water - eating healthy - not a bunch today since I didn't workout.....such is life.

My question is, what happend to the girl that could drink 2 bottles of wine in ONE night?!?!?!? hahaha.

Was that girl using her wine as a chaser for her vodka shots? Lmao ... Goodness lady, I got a headache thinking of it! Lol Sounds like a good time!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options

This is going to be tough:grumble: No drinks until Monday
    I know!! But oh boy am I gonna get crunk then hahahhaa. I walked past the bottle shop so lovingly this afternoon :sad:

I am having one of my favourite meals and adding a low fat dessert tonight to spoil myself for not drinking this week so far. I am having a very small steak (125g raw, lean no fat), with 150g of garlic prawns YUM and salad. Then a weight watchers french vanilla ice cream tub with a cup of strawberries for dessert. If I go jump on the treadmill for another 15 mins I will still be 158 cals under my daily goal. YAY!!

I can do this. I have stopped drinking for 2 weeks (I think) before. It's only a week. A long week but I/We are going to make it!! :laugh:
  • faithikins
    Options
    Thanks to time zones I will try not to rub it in on Feb 21 nisijam5 when I start downing all those calories before you :drinker: :blushing:

I hope we both have a good weigh in this week/next week!
  • 4crazykids
    Options
    One of the things that I feel like keeps on track/held accountable is logging in my food in the morning. That way I can plan on my glass of wine and not go over my limit. This also keeps me to the one or if I want 2, I swap it for a snack/dessert. I also log in my exercise so I know I can't miss Zumba or getting my Wii Just Dance each day. Does anyone else find this helpful? or do most people log in their stuff as they go?
  • faithikins
    Options
    I always do morning as well and plan my meals for the day. It's a good thing for me to do whilst eating breakfast, then I pack my planned snacks and lunch before heading off to work. I know what I'm having for dinner and can look forward to it. I also exercise before breakfast as I am way too fried after work to do it when I get home at 6:30PM or so.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    One of the things that I feel like keeps on track/held accountable is logging in my food in the morning. That way I can plan on my glass of wine and not go over my limit. This also keeps me to the one or if I want 2, I swap it for a snack/dessert. I also log in my exercise so I know I can't miss Zumba or getting my Wii Just Dance each day. Does anyone else find this helpful? or do most people log in their stuff as they go?
    when I was being good and actually losing weight I planned out my entire Week on sunday night. It was very helpful. I never had to think about food, I just looked at the screen to see what I was supposed to eat. Now I try to plan out my day unless I have messups like today when I left my lunch and snacks sitting on the kitchen counter. Now I have to kind of wing it.

fought with DH last night. Haven't spoken to him. (silent morning and drive to work, so fun) he is being a butt head. oh well I am sure it will pass.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Wowzer!!! Talk about a headache today! I had 3 glasses of red wine last night (maybe only 2.5 it's a little fuzzy) and a couple shots of vodka. Holy crap, my head hurt so bad this morning that I skipped my workout - I never do that, and all I wanted was a cheeseburger, lol. Didn't give into that craving thank god. Have been drinking a ton of water - eating healthy - not a bunch today since I didn't workout.....such is life.

My question is, what happend to the girl that could drink 2 bottles of wine in ONE night?!?!?!? hahaha.

Was that girl using her wine as a chaser for her vodka shots? Lmao ... Goodness lady, I got a headache thinking of it! Lol Sounds like a good time!

Hahaha. NO not using the wine for chasers - hubby made chocolate orange shots (chocolate vodka, orange powerade zero - omg so yummy.) I keep thinking that I was so hurt because of the mixing - but I think it was more the red wine?! I don't know, I do know I'm not doing that again. I finally started to feel better last night. Ugh. LOL
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Thanks to time zones I will try not to rub it in on Feb 21 nisijam5 when I start downing all those calories before you :drinker: :blushing:

We will!!! I've just seen a wicked law and order episode and reminded me of all the damage I inflict on my poor liver and brain. Then, I have had a lot of patients that are on the alcohol withdrawal protocol. It's not pretty. Shakes, confusion, memory loss, hallucinations. Ordinary people with nice families and jobs.

So, my advice for all my lush friends is to make sure you are taking your thiamine - or - B1...it's the first thing we replace on a chronic alcoholic
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    All day yesterday I was just hungry. So I had chips and salsa. Still hungry. Had a scoop of rainbow sherbet with hawaiian punch. yes, there is too much food around here. Then I went to a friend's to watch Weeds and she had a bag of Doritos, so I opened those and then she made orange peel chicken for dinner with rice and egg drop soup. Then I had four beers.
    If I can plan my meals for the day, I do. I like to enter it all so that I stick to it, diet and exercise.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I've found that I can still lose weight with the drinking...it's just a matter of factoring it in and being aware of what I'm eating and drinking while I drink the booze!

Monday=3
    Tuesday=0

I'm making a butternut squash risotto tonight for dinner and I always make it with wine so it will be a challenge to not have a glass while I cook!
  • kwise127
    Options
    thanks for this threat. Yeah a lot of my empty calories go to the occassional glass of red wine. Heck I run a wine tasting group. I'm working hard to plan my day a head of time when I know we are gonna have a tasting so that I'm hydrated, worked out and not over eating.
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options

We will!!! I've just seen a wicked law and order episode and reminded me of all the damage I inflict on my poor liver and brain. Then, I have had a lot of patients that are on the alcohol withdrawal protocol. It's not pretty. Shakes, confusion, memory loss, hallucinations. Ordinary people with nice families and jobs.

So, my advice for all my lush friends is to make sure you are taking your thiamine - or - B1...it's the first thing we replace on a chronic alcoholic

B1? think we should be taking sups then? Seriously? I will if I think its helping my body (coz I aint giving up my 250ml:drinker: )
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    B1? think we should be taking sups then? Seriously? I will if I think its helping my body (coz I aint giving up my 250ml:drinker: )

It's usually for the hard core alcoholics, like a pint + of vodka/day - or - 12-pack a day over decades is what I've seen...everyone processes it differently...but, a supplement isn't a bad idea...B1, thiamine, processes carbs which is alcohol...can't hurt
  • jmaddy
    Options
    Ah, finally! I found a place where I can post. I, too, love my alcohol and can't seem to give it up. Trying the 3-on 4-off thing and so far ain't bad. Somedays are harder than others!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

It's usually for the hard core alcoholics, like a pint + of vodka/day - or - 12-pack a day over decades is what I've seen...everyone processes it differently...but, a supplement isn't a bad idea...B1, thiamine, processes carbs which is alcohol...can't hurt
    I just noticed my daily multiV does not have thiamine/B1 at all...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I get a monthly B12 shot...which has neither B1 nor thiamine at all. :laugh:
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options

For sure I'm gonna get some! Thank you for that piece of info :flowerforyou:
  • abihaila
    abihaila Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I take a b vitamin complex regularly. It helps with my energy levels and its the most wonderful thing if I have a hang over. First thing I reach for my b complex second thing ibprophen and h2o.