Breakfast help pleaseeee

Options
2»

Replies

• ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I like to scramble an egg with some black beans, red and green peppers, melt a little cheese on it and add some taco sauce. Sometimes I make it into a wrap. The taco sauce is low cal...little high in sodium but yummy!
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like sweet cereal - I mix half a cup of multigrain cheerios with half a cup of chocolate cheerios with half a cup of skim milk. Sweet - but not too much. I also like lite whole wheat toast with peanut butter and bananas or peanut butter & apple slices. 2 slices of bread 70 cals and 6 grams of fiber. What about making your eggs into huevos rancheros a little bit of black beans, some salsa & a whole wheat english muffin and a small sprinkle of cheese.
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Some of my breakfast standbys...

Breakfast wrap (an egg, spinach and a small amount of cottage cheese wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.-- about 250 calories)

Plain greek yogurt with fresh fruit.

Cottage cheese with fresh fruit.

Cottage cheese with chopped cucumber and tomato.

Plain greek yogurt topped with granola.

Whole grain toast topped with 1 tbsp cottage cheese mixed with 1 tbsp of fruit preserves. (this is my sweet breakfast-- sometimes, I have those mornings when I just want something very sweet-- and it comes to only about 150 calories which is a LOT better than a donut for sure.)

Kashi Go Lean cereal with almond milk.

Oatmeal.
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Just found this recipe but probably won't make it in the next few days. This is for 1 serving but you could probably double it. 90 cals.

Ingredients: Makes 1 serving
    2 Tbsp. Blueberries
    1/4 cup Peeled Sliced Peaches
    1/4 cup Whole Strawberries
    1 pinch Vanilla Extract
    1/3 tsp. Brown Sugar-Packed
    1/2 Tbsp. Sugar
    1 tsp. Lemon Juice-Canned
    2 tsp. Orange Juice
    1 tsp. Water
    1/4 cup Honeydew Melon-Diced

Directions:
    1 In a medium sauce pan, combine orange juice, sugar, water, lemon juice and brown sugar. Mix well.

2 Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

3 In a large glass mixing bowl, combine strawberries, peaches, melon and blueberries.

4 Pour cooled orange juice mixture over fruit and toss until fruit is covered.

5 Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Serve cold.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I agree! That Maple Brown Sugar flavored Cream of Wheat rocks!!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i used to eat egg beaters for breakfast with low fat cheese in the morning too and then i got sick of them myself! sometimes now i eat the frozen steel cut maple brown sugar oatmeal from Trader Joes, only 150 calories. Not sure if you have that store though where you live. i also like rice cakes with peanut butter or with laughing cow light cheese. or an english muffin with low fat cream cheese. just a few other suggestions for you. :) and then for a morning snack i have a low fat string cheese!
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sounds good - I'm trying it! Thanks.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i'm not a morning person, so these are some of the things i typically grab in the mornings that are fast & low calorie- vitatops (100 cals & tons of fiber & vitamins), thomas' light english muffins (also 100 cals & tons of fiber), quaker high fiber oatmeal (160 cals & 10g of fiber- you said you usually load on the sugar & stuff- these packets are flavored already so you don't need to add anything unless you want to) with a scoop of peanut butter or fruit (i add sliced banana or strawberries or blueberries) for flavor & nutrients :o)
  • JaredTheGeek
    JaredTheGeek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 egg and a serving of egg white scrambled with crumbled feta, some wilted spinach and diced mushrooms. Its a variation that changes the plain egg but does not add a ton of calories. You can prep the mushrooms and spinach the night before to speed up your routine.

And i always have Bacon or some other savory meat.
  • nicole00lynn
    Options
    Thank you!!! i wont run out of breakfasts for months :) and i got some great ideas for other meals too!
  • cjnorman
    Options
    This morning I had bean soup. I like the chewy dense satisifying taste of the beans. Add a few veggies and you are already ahead on your many servings required.
  • takingbackalison
    Options
    I usually have 1 cup of multigrain cheerios with just enough milk to wet them, normally a little less than a 1/4 of a cup, and then fruit of some sort. I don't have a lot of time in the morning so this is all I can manage but it's by far my favorite meal of the day haha, most normal food I eat.
  • mezzoforteish
    Options
    I eat Kashi cereal. I'm in high school, and I eat it at like 8 and it usually keeps me full untill my lunch period, which isn't untill 12:15! :)
  • reikichris
    Options
    My three favorite breakfast are:

• Egg Beaters Egg White Omelet with Spinach and Low Fat Cheddar (or Asparagus and Feta, depending what I have on hand).

• Quaker Old Fashioned Oatmeal with 2 Strawberries (cut in fourths), 1/4 cup blackberries and 1/4 cup blueberries.

• Yoplait Fiber One Vanilla Yogurt with 1/2 apple, 5 grapes cut in half, 2 strawberries (cut in fourths), 1/4 cup blackberries and 1/4 cup blueberries.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I usually have a Slimfast at 7:30 then I have a snack at 10 until lunch time between 12 and 1. I usually don't have time for a big breakfast, so a Slimfast gets me through until snack time. JMO.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1 cup of multigrain cheerios with just enough milk to wet them, normally a little less than a 1/4 of a cup
    I thought I was the only one who did this. I hate when my cereal is swimming in a pool of milk. Not only does it get soggy but most of the time the milk would go to waste too. My kids still insist on having a little cereal with their milk but hey, they can use the 300 calories a cup lol

MG Cheerios are a great start - you can actually get away with 2 cups and the 2 oz of milk (2% or skim) for under 300 cals and they last a long time and give you a head start on your nutrients for the day.

I find that adding protein and extra fiber helps keep me full longer. Typically my meals are 400 cals and my snacks are about 100 each. I eat 6 times a day to maintain my blood sugar (hypoglycemic) and find that the protein and whole grain carbs help a lot.