Team UK- Northern Numpties vs Southern Softies Weekly Result

Options
1235»

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Just posted on the UK February thread but may as well re-post here...

Weighed this morning and down from 146.8 pounds last Sunday to 145.5 pounds this morning. So 1.3 lb down this week for the Southern Softies. Not as much as my 2lb last week but it's still coming off.
    :drinker:
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Go Northerners!!! I'm thinking this week may be a struggle for me thanks to 2 meals out in a row with wine...
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Well done Numpties & biggest losers...sorry softies I was not much help last week as stayed the same...however hoping for a loss tomorrow..I'm only set up for a pound a week loss anyway so not really going to add a lot..but love being part of this because as so many are saying..it keeps you logging in!
  • mellissacase
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Well done for all the amazing weight loss, i'm really pleased that everyone is doing well.

Not been a good week at all for me. My car failed its MOT badly so basically had to let it go and I found out I'm likely to be made redundant too, along with health issues its not been a good week, hence the 1 lb on! (sorry team north) Pleased to say that i'm trying to move on, living without a car is a good thing, means iv got much more walking to do!

I hope to make big changes this week and have a big loss on Saturday. Hope you all have an amazing week. Off to cook my husband a surprise healthy Valentines dinner now.

Mel
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Well done everybody :smile:

I've managed to find my motivation again! Went for a 60 minute cycle with my bf yesterday... my bum's suffering slightly today though!
  • elfward
    elfward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sorry Southern Softies - I've not done too well over the last couple of weeks... Weekends are my downfall!

I'm aiming for a loss this week, and started off as I mean to go on - with a 3 mile run! Here's hoping my motivation will carry on (though I am going to a wine tasting evening tomorrow...)
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone :) well done northern numpties and everyone on their loss.

I've decided I'm going to step down from the competition and be a cheerleader as the scales are starting to rule my life! So they are being removed and hidden from view until I WI before seeing my personal trainer (every 2 weeks). Hopefully that might make this all a bit easier - finding it a bit soul destroying getting on them every morning!! So go southern softies!!

xxx
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    I really let the Southerners down last week so I hope this week I can do a bit better - though I've had a bit of a rough weekend so I'm not starting off well! Extra trips to the gym for me :wink:

Well done Northerners though!
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    well done everybody ;-)
  • James_H
    Options

I've decided I'm going to step down from the competition and be a cheerleader as the scales are starting to rule my life! So they are being removed and hidden from view until I WI before seeing my personal trainer (every 2 weeks). Hopefully that might make this all a bit easier - finding it a bit soul destroying getting on them every morning!! So go southern softies!!

xxx

I am doing exactly the same thing - if the scales are in my life I can't stop getting on them daily. So they've gone away, to be got out in a few weeks time when I might actually have lost something again because I'm not worrying about 0.3 lbs here or there!
  • losingme
    losingme Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    welldone numpties
    but dont hold on too tight im gonna help the softies get it back this week
    go softies!!!
    WI tonight hope to get a 2lb loss (or more) report in later (or tomorrow) xxx
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

xxx

I am doing exactly the same thing - if the scales are in my life I can't stop getting on them daily. So they've gone away, to be got out in a few weeks time when I might actually have lost something again because I'm not worrying about 0.3 lbs here or there!

So glad someone else has this problem :) the dreaded things were banished to the back of my wardrobe yesterday. I've gotta fight through my shoes and bags before getting to them, and then take them into the bathroom before standing on them (obs carpet/flooring affects the scales!) so hopefully I'll have come to my senses before I get to that point!!
  • losingme
    losingme Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ahhhrrrgggghhh i maintained
    soo peeved im doing so good at the gym gone from walking to running in 3 weeks (havent ran for over 10years) and upped my workout already and keping my calories down in limits and i m not seeing the rewards for my efforts its so defeating but i guess i gotta keep at it and wil show on the scale at some point xxx
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ahhhrrrgggghhh i maintained
    soo peeved im doing so good at the gym gone from walking to running in 3 weeks (havent ran for over 10years) and upped my workout already and keping my calories down in limits and i m not seeing the rewards for my efforts its so defeating but i guess i gotta keep at it and wil show on the scale at some point xxx

I've just had a squizz at your food diary, and I think your body will be well and truly in starvation mode, you've cut back on your calories so much, especially while getting yourself back to running....

I don't know if it's helpful, but I thought I might as well let people know what I'm doing, as so far it seems to be working, better than anything I've tried in the last 20 years! I still can't believe I've gone from 16st 1.5lbs on 10th Jan to 14st 12.5 on 16th Feb whilst eating real food!

In terms of exercise, I'm doing nothing but walking the dog 4 or 5 days a week at the moment, because I walked downhill too fast 3 weeks ago and did my knee in. I'm intending to start resistance stuff soon. I usually go ballroom and latin dancing for an hour once a week, but think week 1 of Strictly, not week 10!

I've not eaten less than 1150 calories more than 7 times since I started on 10th Jan. I've only had less than 1000 once (because I truly wasn't hungry). I've set my goal at 2lbs a week (which is 1200 cals), but I've been over my calories plenty of times (I'm averaging 1400 to 1500 a day). I'm eating when I'm hungry, even if it means going over, because I reckon hunger is a sure fire way of telling that your body thinks it's starving, and I don't want it to think that. (BTW I mean true hunger here- the empty stomach rumbling one, not the ravenous pain in the throat carbohydrate craving which I always used to think was hunger). I guess the end result looks much like some people's deliberate zig-zagging of calorie intake.

I'm going to gradually increase my cardio exercise, but I've decided to go carefully as I've injured myself plenty of times trying to do too much too soon, and it ends up holding me back in the long run. I certainly won't be decreasing my calories when my exercise levels increase, but I'll carry on listening to my body, eating healthy food most of the time but not worrying about the odd chocolate cookie or belgian bun, and eating when I'm hungry. My diary is open, and I swear it's truthful! Even if I shut it down towards the end of the day when I'm under calories and end up eating buttered toast before bed, I go back and put it down next day at the latest. At the end of the day, this is another experiment to see what works for me in terms of weight loss, and the diary is data. If the data is inaccurate, I won't be able to draw useful conclusions. OK, I'll shut up now, before I start sounding even more like a geeky scientist!

Anyway- this is what is currently working for me.

Ros x
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Rosy you're doing sooo well. :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I'm not holding my breath for this week... I think I'm slowing down now that I'm on my last 20lb. The first 20lb virtually dropped off but it won't be that plain sailing from now on. LOL

Weigh in day for me is Sunday morning.
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Good luck everyone :smile:
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've put this week's results on a different thread as people were missing them....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/177120-northern-numpties-vs-southern-softies-week-5-results