You know you're an MFP addict when....

Options

Replies

• honeyrabbit
    Options
    Hahahaha...brilliant post!!!!!

the only thing i'd add is

- you're gutted when you realise you've left your phone at home, not because you don't want to miss any calls or texts but because you won't be able to log your food the second after (or even before) you put it in your mouth!!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I just came up with a few more:

...when you log 0 calorie condiments just for the sodium content to be added into your diary...

oh oh.... and i thought no one saw me do that!!!!!
    *LMAO*
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    When you and your spouse make inside jokes about forum topics during daily communication.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    ...when you start competing with your MFP friends' calorie burns...
    ...when you weigh yourself after solid waste has passed so that it adds to the amount of pounds lost...
    ...when you refresh for status updates so much, you almost forget to eat...
    ...when you're refreshing status updates while you're eating...
    ...when you have your laptop in the kitchen as you're cooking...
    ...when there's a food scale next to your laptop like an add-on accessory...

These are TOTALLY me. My laptop is in the kitchen with me the second I wake up in the morning while I make my breakfast and follows me again in the evening while I make my dinner. I don't have a smartphone so no app for me. Which means I don't eat out very often. WHEN/IF I do, I log it before I leave!! And the second I get home I am back on again in case I missed something!!!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    This forum makes me so happy to see that "I am not alone"! LOL
  • mikjenna
    mikjenna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Very funny. . .not quite an addict yet, but I hope to be.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    ...when you secretly use the MFP app to look up the amount of calories of your friends' meals when you're out with them...
    ...when you quietly start muttering healthy alternative ingredient replacements to your friends' meals...

What do you mean quietly?!? I just flat out tell em! Hey, you know if you had gotten green beans instead of mashed potatoes it would have been much healthier for you, right? ROFL!
    I am still fairly new so I haven't met ALL the requirements for being an addict, but there is a huge YET at the end of that statement! I LOVE MFP!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    - You check MFP in the morning, before any other website.
    - Your friends on facebook are wondering where you've been.
    - You suspect that you're burning significant calories just from hitting the reload button.
    - You avoid eating something because you think it will be too complicated to log.
    - You have an amazing knack for estimating the calories in a plate just by looking at it.
    - You work out extra hard just so your "____ burned ____ calories" post will be impressive.
    - You do a happy dance when your friends lose weight (or gain, depending on goals).
    - Someone asks you how much you weigh in regular conversation and your answer is accurate to the tenth of a lb.
    - You've engaged in a passionate discussion exploring alternatives to mayonaisse.
    - You've engaged in an online flame-war around the topics of nutrition and exercise.
    - You roll your eyes when you see a "should I eat my exercise calories" post appear in recent activity (which is to say, several times a day)
    - You weigh yourself before and after daily activities, such as shaving, just to see if there was a difference.
    - During sex you find yourself wishing you wore your HRM.

I'm sure ya'll can add to this list :bigsmile:

Check, check. check, check........ Yep that about covers them. Yea I can cover every one of them. :tongue:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Betty and I'm an MFP addict. :laugh:
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...this one was my favourite: "You roll your eyes when you see a "should I eat my exercise calories" post appear in recent activity (which is to say, several times a day)"...lol...soooooo true...the neverending debate that is on MFP over and over and over again...lol.

LMAO to this one but I fear I can relate to most of them!

Thanks for sharing!
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    So we HAVE met before...........................................

Absolutely LOVE this post! Thanks for sharing! It's funny because I SWORE I must me the only one who does all this....NOPE, GUESS NOT! :bigsmile:

....When your husband thinks you're having an affair because you make any excuse to get up (after already going to bed) to read THE most latest posts from your MFPeeps. And I don't wanna miss a thinnnnnnng!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I've got another one ..... and I just did this....

When you close out the previous nights diary under goal with all intentions of only having one beer ... but had more and wake up to adjust yesterdays diary because those kudos from your MFPals weren't warranted and you feel guilty!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    LOL. Love it!
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Oh Oh ...Guilty ....as charged :):drinker:
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    So, when are the t-shirts coming out?
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    ... You find yourself frequently refreshing MFP and scrolling to your mailbox tab at the same time to make sure no one left a comment on your profile ...
    ... Your predominant reason for checking e-mail is to know what people think of your most recent update ...
    ... You find yourself bored if nothing's going on here and wondering what else to use the internet for ...
    ... It's 5 am and you've been intending to go to bed for the past four hours but you just ... can't ... stop ... pressing "refresh" and checking the new topics, or where your friends have posted ...

Oh, hi asteroid. :p

Edit:

Oh, yeah, and ... you find yourself taking pictures of your latest meal to show to your friends ...
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    guilty as charged!
  • richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    wraps up my life at the moment to be honest lol
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I just came up with a few more:

...when you log 0 calorie condiments just for the sodium content to be added into your diary...

lol...I'm not the only one that does that? YAY!

screwed up the quote >.<
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    OMG! I'm still laughing (a great ab workout, at least 10 calories).