what are we eating for breakfast?

Hi you all.
Browsing to all the different diarys I cant believe what people are eating.
I am no angel and i dont always do it right. But is see people here who only list processed food and feel like they did allright.
There are hardly any vegtables, fruit and whole wheat stuff.
What do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• DarcysLosingIt
    DarcysLosingIt Posts: 81 Member
    I eat the same everyday.
    1/2 cup oatmeal (rolled oats)
    7 eggs whites.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Cereal - All Bran or similar. Sometimes I'll have toast if I'm feeling a little naughty.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Either oatmeal or cereal (grape nuts or raisin bran or shredded wheat types). I tried Almond milk, but really prefer the real stuff.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Shakeology. I usually add some fresh fruit or some natural peanut butter. Recently I'm on a flax seed kick and toss them in there as well.
  • LornaW
    LornaW Posts: 27
    I have porridge made with water, salt. When its ready I add a little milk and a dessert spoon of maple syrup, Yummy. :smile:
  • Dorset Cereals muesli (the one with berries and cherries) and Activia pouring yoghurt...yum yum!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    current fav breakfast is quick oats, frozen unsweetened berries and half a tablespoon of honey, its awesome. I also really like having egglands best eggs scrambled or hard boiled or some kind of nut butter and a banana or shredded wheat and skim milk
  • I'm addicted to no added sugar alpen museli with fresh blueberrys!! i also love shredded wheat bitesize with fresh fruit like bananas, or blueberrys!! i hate sugary cereals, i think they are too morish and not satisfying!!
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    M-F: rice milk, almond milk, fish oil, fiber powder, Trader Joe's red Antioxidant powder, blueberries, protein/vitamin shake.

Weekends: something eggy/bacony but usually calorically reasonable (except for this weekend!)
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    i mix it up, but mainly during the week i have cereal or oatmeal. sometimes ill scramble an egg and have a piece of whole wheat toast, with it, and yup i use strawberry jam, and not the non sugar kind either. or sometimes ill have an omelette with red,yellow and bell pepers in it. just depends. or if im in a hurry ill grab a banana and run out the door
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Usually a protein shake made with milk and frozen fruit, or old fashioned oats with honey, apple, cinnamon, or eggs/egg whites
  • zilla
    zilla Posts: 46
    Normally I have weet-bix with banana, or blueberries and yoghurt. But I made Dahl the other day, so I heated up some of that for breakfast! It was pretty good!!
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    During the week when I workout I drink a Muscle Milk Light shake..and over weekend I eat egg white sandwich with round roll or wheat bread...this weekend had the taste for pancakes so I added protein powder to it and had 3 small one's with turkey breakfast sausage..
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    I almost everyday eat the same: 1.5 cup of fat free milk with a whole-grain bread with two slices of turkey ham; right now I'm replacing the bread and ham with a Leclerc Dark Chocolate muffin, just for varying a bit ;)
  • oatmeal most days but on occasion 1 poached egg on whole wheat toast and coffee, i cant give up my 1 cup a day..
  • I either have a protein bar for breakfast,a light english muffin with a tablespoon of sugar free jelly, or natural oatmeal with fruit.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    I almost always eat either (1) oatmeal with fruit and a glass of milk, (2) scrambled eggs (sometimes whole, sometimes just the whites) with spinach and other veggies, (3) a Greek yogurt with cheerios and fruit mixed in, or (4) a bowl of cheerios with fruit.

I do eat my oatmeal and whole wheat blueberry pancakes on the weekends, though. Yum!

My diary is open. Feel free to check it out!
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    I've been eating Uncle Sam original cereal with blueberries (preferably fresh but will settle for frozen) and soy or skim milk for over 2 years now. I buy the cereal by the case!! Love the flaxseed.
  • zandhmom75
    zandhmom75 Posts: 58 Member
    Greek yogurt with 1/2 C Kashi GoLean mixed in & a serving of fruit; 1/2 C oatmeal with 6 egg whites cooked in & 1/2 C frozen blueberries added; 6 egg whites scrambled with veggies wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla with salsa.

Good ideas from everyone else! I'm always looking for new things to try.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    depends on my mood-
    today greek yogurt with honey and blueberry granola with flax seed and a banana
    Sometimes an egg white omelet with spinach and bacon low fat part skim mozarella
    Sometimes migas or a breakfast burrito with corn tortillas, black beans, peppers eggwhites and salsa
    Sometimes oatmeal (LOVE LOVE Lavish dark chocolate oatmeal with strawberries)
    Sometimes a smoothie

But always something and usually high in protien and fiber to get me going for the day

edited to add: and always always always a cuppa. I can't live without my coffee. :drinker: