Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

what are we eating for breakfast?

13»

Replies

• sweetcran56sweetcran56 Member Posts: 3 Member Posts: 3
    I'm eating kashi cereal, or 100% whole grain oats so far
  • emott84emott84 Member Posts: 108 Member Posts: 108
    I had oatmeal - I find it really hard to get excited about breakfast and tend to eat a rotation of three things. I know I should be more into protein and all that stuff for breakfast, but I am very much a cereal/toast/oatmeal person.
  • yweight2020yweight2020 Member Posts: 299 Member Member Posts: 299 Member
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 2,889 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,889 Member
    Right now I am obsessed with pancakes. Either plain, or cake batter pancakes (half bisquick and half boxed cake mix).

I eat them with whipped cream and hagelslag, or brushed with Nutella or lemon curd. I’m thinking of trying some plum chutney on them.

Every Sunday is a big *kitten*, dinner plate sized apple fritter from the local gourmet donut place.

Add a latte with cashew milk and sugar free syrup. The chocolate peanut butter was especially yum.

My breakfasts provide either the necessary fat and/or bump my protein, and fit within my calorie goal, but most of all they make me very, very happy.

Mmmmmm. Apple fritters. Red velvet pancakes. Knowing when to stop. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    edited May 4
  • colmbrowncolmbrown Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    My everyday breakfast: Dried prunes 30g (soaked in water the night before), Fresh fruit bowl consisting of green grapes 30g, red grapes 30g, blueberries 30g, pineapple 30g, raspberries 30g, banana 30g, 0% Greek style yogurt 30g, 1 farm fresh egg (fried in olive oil spray), 1 mushroom (grilled), 1/2 tomato (grilled), 1 pork sausage (grilled), 1 pork rasher (grilled), 1 cup of freshly roasted coffee. I don't eat any bread or cereals. Bread, in particular, only bloats you. And most, (if not all), of the processed cereals are full of sugar. I use semi-skimmed milk in my coffee (300ml per day).
    edited May 4
  • tdsimoes67tdsimoes67 Member Posts: 16 Member Member Posts: 16 Member
    Always the same thing, banana, strawberries and blueberries, topped with fat free greek yogurt and a mix of toasted oatmeal with superseeds, walnuts, nutmeg and cinnamon
  • SuzanneC1l9zzSuzanneC1l9zz Member Posts: 78 Member Member Posts: 78 Member
    Depends on the day. Sometimes it's a couple of breakfast muffins with turkey bacon, eggs, onion, garlic, spinach, cheese and a bit of flour along with a pancake thing made of zucchini, carrot, frozen shredded hashbrowns, egg and a bit of flour. Other days it's a smoothie with berries, high protein greek yoghurt, protein powder, a small scoop of high fibre cereal and hemp milk.
  • mrmota70mrmota70 Member, Premium Posts: 69 Member Member, Premium Posts: 69 Member
    5 oz of 0% Fage yogurt, 6 oz of fresh pineapple and 1 oz of Purely Elizabeth Original. Also the usual 2 cups of coffee and today a half slice of bread with dates, currant, walnuts and cinnamon. Yogurt is my breakfast usually 4-6 times a week. Love the stuff with fresh fruit. Mango, pineapple, grapes, or strawberries usually are in there. .
    edited May 4
  • WalkywalkersonWalkywalkerson Member Posts: 26 Member Member Posts: 26 Member
    I usually have some sort of eggs - omlette with veg like spinach, Peppers and tomatoes and a little cheese, wholemeal toast or pitta with marmite.
    Or porridge with cinnamon,fruit and almonds.
    I feel satiated for longer if I eat eggs.
    I tried eating Greek yoghurt and seeds and fruit but I'm starving within an hour of eating it!
    On a weekend I might have beans and eggs on wholemeal toast.
  • jasondwightpowelljasondwightpowell Member, Premium Posts: 40 Member Member, Premium Posts: 40 Member
    5 eggs
    1 cup of oatmeal
    1/2 cup of fresh fruit
    1 Viking waffle
  • IdontcareyoupickIdontcareyoupick Member Posts: 1,848 Member Member Posts: 1,848 Member
    I'm one of the bad people. I eat all kinds of stuff for breakfast from eggs with veggies to Ramen noodles. I'm usually with my calories and that's my goal
  • lmf1012lmf1012 Member Posts: 66 Member Member Posts: 66 Member
    I eat the same breakfast every day

Black coffee in the morning before breakfast
    2 egg whites and 2 whole eggs scrambled with green bell pepper and feta cheese