what are we eating for breakfast?

Replies

• sweetcran56
    sweetcran56 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm eating kashi cereal, or 100% whole grain oats so far
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    I had oatmeal - I find it really hard to get excited about breakfast and tend to eat a rotation of three things. I know I should be more into protein and all that stuff for breakfast, but I am very much a cereal/toast/oatmeal person.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    ct61h1z6tl7p.jpg

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited May 2021
    Right now I am obsessed with pancakes. Either plain, or cake batter pancakes (half bisquick and half boxed cake mix).

I eat them with whipped cream and hagelslag, or brushed with Nutella or lemon curd. I’m thinking of trying some plum chutney on them.

Every Sunday is a big *kitten*, dinner plate sized apple fritter from the local gourmet donut place.

Add a latte with cashew milk and sugar free syrup. The chocolate peanut butter was especially yum.

My breakfasts provide either the necessary fat and/or bump my protein, and fit within my calorie goal, but most of all they make me very, very happy.

Mmmmmm. Apple fritters. Red velvet pancakes. Knowing when to stop. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
  • colmbrown
    colmbrown Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2021
    My everyday breakfast: Dried prunes 30g (soaked in water the night before), Fresh fruit bowl consisting of green grapes 30g, red grapes 30g, blueberries 30g, pineapple 30g, raspberries 30g, banana 30g, 0% Greek style yogurt 30g, 1 farm fresh egg (fried in olive oil spray), 1 mushroom (grilled), 1/2 tomato (grilled), 1 pork sausage (grilled), 1 pork rasher (grilled), 1 cup of freshly roasted coffee. I don't eat any bread or cereals. Bread, in particular, only bloats you. And most, (if not all), of the processed cereals are full of sugar. I use semi-skimmed milk in my coffee (300ml per day).
  • tdsimoes67
    tdsimoes67 Posts: 18 Member
    Always the same thing, banana, strawberries and blueberries, topped with fat free greek yogurt and a mix of toasted oatmeal with superseeds, walnuts, nutmeg and cinnamon
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Depends on the day. Sometimes it's a couple of breakfast muffins with turkey bacon, eggs, onion, garlic, spinach, cheese and a bit of flour along with a pancake thing made of zucchini, carrot, frozen shredded hashbrowns, egg and a bit of flour. Other days it's a smoothie with berries, high protein greek yoghurt, protein powder, a small scoop of high fibre cereal and hemp milk.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    edited May 2021
    5 oz of 0% Fage yogurt, 6 oz of fresh pineapple and 1 oz of Purely Elizabeth Original. Also the usual 2 cups of coffee and today a half slice of bread with dates, currant, walnuts and cinnamon. Yogurt is my breakfast usually 4-6 times a week. Love the stuff with fresh fruit. Mango, pineapple, grapes, or strawberries usually are in there. .
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    I usually have some sort of eggs - omlette with veg like spinach, Peppers and tomatoes and a little cheese, wholemeal toast or pitta with marmite.
    Or porridge with cinnamon,fruit and almonds.
    I feel satiated for longer if I eat eggs.
    I tried eating Greek yoghurt and seeds and fruit but I'm starving within an hour of eating it!
    On a weekend I might have beans and eggs on wholemeal toast.
  • jasondwightpowell
    jasondwightpowell Posts: 40 Member
    5 eggs
    1 cup of oatmeal
    1/2 cup of fresh fruit
    1 Viking waffle
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm one of the bad people. I eat all kinds of stuff for breakfast from eggs with veggies to Ramen noodles. I'm usually with my calories and that's my goal
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    I eat the same breakfast every day

Black coffee in the morning before breakfast
    2 egg whites and 2 whole eggs scrambled with green bell pepper and feta cheese

• sryng
    sryng Posts: 2 Member
    Either oatmeal or cereal (grape nuts or raisin bran or shredded wheat types). I tried Almond milk, but really prefer the real stuff.

Try oat milk, its much nicer than almond. 😁
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Don't be appalled at people's diaries. Not everyone has the same goals. It has never, ever been a goal for me to eliminate processed food. It probably never will be. Also, everyone is at a different spot in their journey. Maybe the struggle is not to eat a whole bag of powdered sugar mini donuts, and a mini victory is to eat that pop tart instead. You never know about people. We all have different struggles.

I make pancakes i divide down into three or four servings. If it’s a “hungry” morning, I’ll pull a couple extras from the next day and just eat a smaller breakfast the next morning since chances are I’ll be over the hungries by then. I don’t change my calories since it all averages out.

This morning I set three aside for a late morning snack since I ate early before walking.

As doofy as it sounds, I make my batter thin so it makes more pancakes. I respond better to quantity, so thinner pancakes are fine by me.
  • delaclos99
    delaclos99 Posts: 53 Member
    Usually seeded wholemeal toast with Marmite peanut butter, scrambled egg on toast, boiled egg and soldiers or porridge with berries. Sunday is fried egg sandwich with cheddar. Most importantly, though, is my four cups of tea every morning.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    One piece of cinnamon raisin ezekial bread and two table spoons of natural almond butter.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    On days when I can sleep in til 8 or 9 (weekends, days when my work shift doesn't start til 2) I typically don't eat breakfast at all, just not hungry until lunch.

On days when I have to wake up early (4 or 5) for work, I grab a Kellogg's protein bar on my way out the door. Fiber plus protein with a granola bar flavor, all for under 200 calories.
  • Sara3veg
    Sara3veg Posts: 48 Member
    edited May 2021
    melkeps wrote: »
    Hi you all.
    Browsing to all the different diarys I cant believe what people are eating.
    I am no angel and i dont always do it right. But is see people here who only list processed food and feel like they did allright.
    There are hardly any vegtables, fruit and whole wheat stuff.
    What do you eat for breakfast?

Your diary is set to private so we can't see what you're eating, might be a good idea to open it up since you're browsing through all of ours, that way we can get meal ideas from you ;)

I usually eat the same thing every morning-2 slices of Killer Dave's toasted bread, with a triangle of Laughing Cow cheese spread. Coffee with sugar and whole milk.

eta: just realized this is a zombie thread.
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 195 Member
    I find that having a breakfast in the fridge, ready to go, and that won't keep well long-term keeps me on-plan and helps me resist the temptation to stop at the bakery or latte stand. Overnight oats: I try to add some protein source (nuts, hemp seeds, or yogurt, plus some fruit or spices. Chia pudding (my latest fad is adding defrosted frozen cherries. I am too much of a traditionalist. vegie based for breakfast could be really healthy, but that just doesn't appeal to me in the morning, except for maybe an occasional scrambled tofu, or eggwhite omlett (when I'm not doing vegan).