30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Lesleed ,, so sorry to hear about your father in law passing away. Was it sudden or had he been sick?
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Lesleed, so sorry to hear about your loss. Hug your hubby and your little one, and just let the tears flow. Know that I'm thinking of you.
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    hi my sw was 196lb my gw is 187lb
    CURRENT WEIGHT 194lb
    2lb down:smile:
  • hoosteen84
    hoosteen84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My SW was 235.6 and I'm now 235.8 :(
    Was my own stupid fault though cos I'd lost a pound through the week but stupidly went to McDonalds & had a few slices of pizza & chips the other night.
    Not the end of the world though, will just have to try extra hard this week!
  • microem1
    microem1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My SW was 235.6 and I'm now 235.8 :(
    Was my own stupid fault though cos I'd lost a pound through the week but stupidly went to McDonalds & had a few slices of pizza & chips the other night.
    Not the end of the world though, will just have to try extra hard this week!

I'm the same! had a right binge session from thurs-sun :o( I knew my will power wouldn't last long!

I've gone from 121.5 pounds at the start of this challenge to 126 this morning *cry*
  • swtchrypie
    Options
    SW: 142.8
    CW: 141.8
    Down 1 lb.
    Also down 3 inches :)

I didnt think I was going to lose anything, yesterday I was still my starting weight. If I can get past my CW it will be the lowest I have weighed since before I got pregnant with my son. AHH!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    So excited to check in today. Here's the good news...
    SW 183 (pretty sure I had 3 lbs of water weight to start)
    Today's weight: 178.5!
    I'm going to hold off on sharing my measurements til the end of the challenge, but I've seen a big improvement: 3/4" in wait, 1 1/4" in hips and 1/2 neck!

"treating" myself today with the small victory by *finally* getting my new running shoes and going for what I hope will be a 30 minute run (if not full 30 minute run, at the very least a walk jog) and a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. I'm treat to myself is one big healthy thing and one sweet treat, that's lower fat/cal than the real thing.

This 30 day challenge is so good for me. Thanks Angela and Jess! And great work to you other gals who have also checked in with progress.

Those of you who didn't get the results you wanted, I know it's hard. I was there a month ago. Thought I was dieting, but really put on 4 lbs. Take that frustration and re-commit to yourself and make it happen, I did and I'm on a high from doing it so well (that and all the exercise endorphins :smokin: ). I know you can do it, because you've got a good support team here for you! Friend us, lament to us, then commit to change, you can do it and we all are here because we want to help you while helping ourselves. Let's all be the healthiest women we can be!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    lesleed...I am also sorry to hear about your loss, it's hard to stay in check when something like that happens so take it easy on yourself....thinking of ya!

OK, weigh in day!!!

I started this challenge at 175....today I am 173. I am kind of discouraged though because I started MFP at 180 and was down to 172. I think I am retaining fluid because my ankles have been swollen at night and my left knee is swollen, I don't know if there is just too much sodium going on in my diet or if all the exercise is causing a strain on my body, I don't feel strained but my body does I guess!
    I need to up my water intake and am going to focus on that more than ever!

Good luck to all you weigh ins today! If you didn't lose or if you gained don't beat yourself up about it! This is a new week, just don't think about you gained or didn't lose enough that you should give up. Setbacks are normal!!
  • misserrint
    Options
    SW 165 (Feb 14)
    CW 162.2 Yeah!!!!!!!! (Feb 21)
    GW 159 (March 14)

I am in the process of losing the 30lbs I gained when I quit smoking. The will power needed for this is ALMOST as much as the will power needed to quit smoking!!!! In total, I am 8lbs down with 22lbs to go..........then maybe I will feel like myself again.
  • lesleed
    lesleed Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It is a difficult time, but it makes me want to get healthy that much more! My father-in-law ignored his high cholesterol for 10 years, and it killed him. It just was so fast in the end. He sure didn't seem sick. It is amazing how fast life can change.

As for weigh in day, I didn't blow it too bad. I was down a bit more, but after yesterday, I expected worse. Oh well. We still have time!!

SW (Feb. 14) 163
    GW (Mar. 14) 155
    CW 160
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Fabulous job you all!!! I was only here at MyFitnessPal for a couple weeks before starting the challenge with my cuz, the first 5 pounds seemed to slide off and I hope it continues the trend, knowing me and my old habits and tendencies I would have already went back to my old ways. I'm so thankful for this site for keeping me in check and the motivation you all give! I love to motivate too!

I'm going to compare my measurements at the end too and not do them every week as well. The change will surprise me in a good way :)
    Even if you didn't lose this week I bet you lost inches...and yay for NSVs!! (Non Scale Victories)
  • mkwat
    mkwat Posts: 1
    Options
    just saw this, so i am a week behind, but i am up for the challenge.:smile:
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Great job everyone!

lesleed - I am so so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

As for me..

CW - 186.8
    SW (02/14) - 189.2
    so down 2.4 lbs.

I was actually hoping to do better, but I will be happy with this!
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    hey guys! So I know its weigh in day today, but seeing as a just started my monthly 'friend', I plead the fifth. I usually gain ALOT of water weight during that time. I did peek at the scale this morning and was mortified, but I'm going to focus on drinking water, exercising for 30 minutes, and writing in my journal.
  • muffinattack
    muffinattack Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    CW- 149.4
    SW (2/14)- 151.2

Down 1.8 pounds! :3 This is helping me get over the plateau I've been stuck on.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    162. Down 2!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I offered to help jess and angela with tracking on this challenge, because I know it'll help keep me true and it's a small way I can thank/help them both for offering us all this great challenge.

This morning I put together a spreadsheet with everyone's SW on 4/14, GW (posted 4/14) and have entered in the CW that people have posted so far today. I know some people have dropped (sadness!) and some haven't had a chance to post yet (that's cool, whenever you get a chance is fine), but I want to make sure I don't miss anyone. Here's the complete list of names I have on the sheet, please let me know if I accidentally missed you:

microem1
    swtchrypie
    breakmedown
    lesleed
    SunLovin1
    misserrint
    jessicamarie81
    oliviawink
    sheilabennett
    roselynsy
    hoosteen84
    nikki8marie
    samerene
    sabcooke
    chirst
    ready_for_a_change
    tresboys
    lwilliams
    jsa_momto3
    iambayf
    Becs25
    kylakesgal
    EmRN06
    hutchins123
    hnason
    thedreamhazer
    MeggieBoo85
    karenlmartel
    Lola_B
    missgaede
    abbylane35
    singer201
    clover5
    sunnylove
    simita
    AshleySpring84
    teramae
    rollos_solo
    tatiana_13
    widemann
    adammann
    candimya
    julesnpdx
    tiddlyjinx
    aab1
    puggy82
    ceejay000
    incognitopotato
    kgreen07
    julesandrich
    guayaquil
    krystleowen04
    Bellser
    jakswife
    paigemang
    Ultrawomanll
    road2peachtree
    Courtney818
    BritLyn
    jackswife1207
    iishnova
    ddakota1997
    mkwat

And here's who's weight I have tracked for today:
    microem1
    swtchrypie
    breakmedown
    lesleed
    SunLovin1
    misserrint
    jessicamarie81
    oliviawink
    sheilabennett
    roselynsy
    hoosteen84

If I missed anyone on the full list, or anyone who tracked for today, please give me a shout and I will update. Now that I have this started it should be easy to keep it updated.

I'm also happy to post every Tuesday everyone's name who weighed-in today along with lbs lost if people would like to see one complete list weekly. Is this something this group wants?
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Woohoo congrats to everyone who did what it takes in our first week of the challenge! If the scale is the same, make sure you are taking those measurments like Jessica said! Some people lose pounds, some inches and some a combination of the two. Also those of you are building muscle might even see a increase in weight but DO NOT let it get you down! You are working hard turning that fat into muscle and you will be burning more calories now 24/7 so you will notice it on the scale eventually!! I'm proud of you all and this is an awesome group of people. I'm glad to get to know you and you motivate me so much:)

SW- 169.4
    CW-165.8
    weight loss for week- 3.6
    Measurements the same
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    weigh in today: 199.8=1.2 pounds lost since last week. :smile:
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Wow, way to go Angela!!! That is wonderful!

Thanks so much to Olivia for helping us track the weights, between me and Angela rotating the daily challenges each day we need all the help we can get! Plus I'm not the greatest with spreadsheets....if anyone would like to see a specific daily challenge send me a message, I already had a few suggestions and they are great, can't wait to post them!