202 Pounds Down... About 130 or So To Go (with Pics)...

Options

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl!
  • kimmiedeblock
    Options
    fabulous work :) keep it up!!!!!!!!
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    You are AMAZING! You say you don't see a difference....but how do you feel? You have to notice a difference in how you move and breath etc. Two years ago I had lost 20 pounds (which of course since then found their way home and brought friends) and I was so excited and felt so much better. You HAVE to FEEL better, if only for the milestone you have reached, so keep up the good work and keep us posted. Your story/efforts really are inspiring.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!! You inspire me.

something you said about 1 day at a time reminded me of this quote I saw recently:

yesterday is ashes
    tomorrow is wood
    today is where the fire burns brightly

I like to think thats what burning is calories!!!

thanks you again for posting.
    JoJo
  • toloseme
    toloseme Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    - ALL things in moderation... What got me to my highest weight in the first place was the dieter's way of restricting certain foods. I'd start a diet and vow I'd never, ever eat sugar or french fries for the rest of my life. The next day I'd be in the drive through of the Burger King buying 2 king size fries and a whopper. I had to change my thinking. I tell myself I can eat what I want as long as I can fit it into my daily calories. That way, I can still eat the things I love and won't freak out and binge later... and guess what... I still lose weight!

- Get moving! I don't have a gym membership. I've never liked gyms... people staring at me, whispering behind my back, laughing at me, etc. I didn't like to go out in public back in the huge-mongous days because of all the stares I'd get... so I used my resources at home. Most of my weight I walked off... walking... all it requires is a good pair of tennis shoes and the skills you learned when you were a toddler. I get up a playlist on my iPOD and head outdoors in the summer/spring/fall... in the winter, I've resorted to a recumbent bike. I got plantar fasciitis really bad in my foot a few months back, so I've been biking a lot more than walking.

I'm not looking for perfection... just persistence! Believe me... if I can do it... ANYONE can do it!

I am so happy for you! And I must say I love your strategies. I've done the hate myself for going off the diet thing (this past weekend for example, at a convention and NOT enough healthy options on the menu) and then I don't go back. I seriously know where you are coming from. This is inspiring because I know it CAN be done without drastic measures or pills and that makes me even more determined to take off the weight! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    lrg_wow.png
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is so inspiring, thank you for sharing. It can be uncomfortable to show pictures of ourselves we dont like, but now you can show the progress and be proud! Keep it up!
  • sararb319
    Options
    Wowww!! You are an inspiration!! Congrats on all your hard work paying off!!:smile:
  • leggymomma64
    leggymomma64 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! You are such an inspriation, keep it up!!
  • westwick1
    westwick1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My jaw literally dropped when I saw the difference! You are looking amazing and have done so well. Keep up the fantastic work
  • noelle55165
    noelle55165 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! Keep it up.

Noelle
  • suszieq55
    suszieq55 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    okay 1) WOW and 2) You have beautiful eyes- they really sparkle in the after pics- Well DonE!!!!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are truly an inspiration!! So happy that you shared your story!
  • naebear99
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring. I needed this today; the past weekend I've been successful but not energized, and worried over some minor setbacks in my health which could become bigger problems. But there's not a thing I can do to change them; so I'll just keep working until they disable me-if they do this time. But maybe I'll be luckier than that this time.
  • kathryn2bfit
    kathryn2bfit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What else is there to say, so totally inspirational -- you can tell by all the responses you are getting and your hard work truly shows! I look forward to your blog you are starting and to be a follower and supporter for the rest of your journey! If you'd like to check out my own blog about my journey head to:

http://whatchaweighting4.blogspot.com/

I am just starting but seeing and knowing what you have accomplished gives me strength to keep working! Thanks again for sharing your story!!!

p.s. pretty sure we went to high school together Sky View class of '97! :smile:
  • rmmattox34
    Options
    You look great.......I hope that I have the will power to make the changes I need to make...Keep up the great work.
  • Jilli2010
    Options
    I am so inspired by your story. Thank you for sharing your story of your journey and your pictures. You are looking beautiful and your smile sparkles. I have 100 lbs to lose and would love to join you as you lose your weight in supporting eachother. What amazing progress you have made. I am sure your heart feels better. I know I worry about my heart and the strain the extra weight puts on it. My knees hurt and I have had feet problems like yours that have stopped hurting as they probably just adjusted to the extra weight. Sometimes my hips and lower back feel sore and ache. Each pound lost is success. I am going to send you a friend request. Your are awesome! :smile:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You are a different person!! Congrats!! Such a great transformation, good luck on the rest! You can do it!
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    You look so good, you are so inspiring! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!