Mostly for the ladies but men can answer to

Options

Replies

• dawgmaven
    dawgmaven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was over 160 lbs at my heaviest, and my 14 petite pants were getting snug. I'm now 146 and wearing a 10P in pants. And yup, I'm proud of myself, lol...
  • helenamonks
    Options
    SW-227 Size 24 XL Shirts that I had to strech

CW-209 Size 20-22 XL Shirts fit nicely and L shirts depending on the fit are ok

:)
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped...230 lbs, 5'5" and a size 16 in jeans.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I am now 5'10" and weigh 188. Pants - I am generally a size 1o, but I have gotten a coupld of pairs of 8 jeans (which made me smile) Shirts...a L or and XL
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    5'6.5
    185 lbs
    Pants Size: 12
    Shirts: L (some Med.)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    5'0
    90 pounds
    Pants: 0 or 2 depending on brand
    Shirt: x-small or small
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6".

At 202 I was a size 16. Now I'm a size 12 and weigh 175 currently.

Brnad sometimes makes a difference: I always wear Levi jeans and Daisy Fuentes dress pants (they fit the best)
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I'm 5'10" - Most weight is in chest, tummy, butt and thighs. Starting weight 278 and size 24W (women't plus) were getting snug. They are now lose - I plan to try on my 22s tomorrow to see if I've lost enough to drop a size - I've lost 21, CW is 257. I remember wearing a 16 for Freshman year in high school, then went up from there. I look forward to a 16 or 18 and XL sizes (or even smaller) rather than a 2X womens plus size. And I really don't recall my weight from 20 plus years ago...
  • eystelle
    Options
    This is crazy.
    I am 5'10" 278
    size 20 pants
    xxl top
    at 330 I was in a 24 pant
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    5'2.5"
    121 pounds
    last size of pants bought were a 2 but that's Old Navy... I thinks that's a little screwy
    I'm probably a 4-6, I recently lost the weight and am still wearing my old 8 to 10's... but they literally fall off (I'm not complaining!)
  • hlokty07
    Options
    5'5" and 214 pounds. I am currently a size 16 in pants. XL in shirts
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 weigh 170, size 12 (sometimes 10) pants. Medium shirts. Athletic build. Want to lose 15 pounds. I have a big butt and hips, but a small waist (annoying!)
  • demone00
    demone00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5'3
    size 6
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5'4", currently 177lbs. I normally wear a UK size 14 on the bottom, but only if it's comfortable, otherwise i wear a size 16 (my wardrobe has about half and half). On the top i usually go for a size 16 or 18 (depending on the style) as i am a DD bra size at the moment.

I suppose i am more apple shaped and that is why i can get in a size 14 jean. I don't ever remember being less than a size 12 jean, even when i was less than 9 stone (my lowest ever adult weight when i was about 20). Although i think some of my jeans used to hang on my hips a bit! :smile:
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused about the US/UK size differences...
    I always thought we were a size out from each other e.g.

US6 = UK8
    US8 = UK 10
    US10 = UK12

etc

But when I read about people's weight and their corresponding US size, you would never fit into the corresponding UK size with that weight?? For example someone who says they're 167 pounds and a US10... with 167 pounds you'd never fit into a UK12??

Have I got the size conversions wrong??
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    size 6

Just as an example.... I'm 146lb and a UK12... a million miles away from the UK8 that I thought a US6 corresponded to?

I must have the size conversions wrong or maybe the cuts are very different??
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I always thought they were 2 sizes away. e.g a UK size 4 would be a US size zero. As for a lady of 167lbs not fitting into a size 12 - it would also depend upon the persons height - a quite tall lady of 167lbs may easily fit into a size 12, but if i was 167lbs i definitely wouldn't either!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", currently 149lbs and am wearing a UK size 10 on top and 12 in trousers!
  • Godaloneis
    Options
    247 and between sizes 18-20. 20 is very loose but 18 is tight. 5'7" bigbone.
    A great question. I been trying to remember what size I wore when.
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    I'm between 5'6 and 5'7 and am about 144lbs - I'm a UK 12, although I did buy a 10 in a skirt the other day. I'm starting to change my mind about losing any weight, I'm losing my boobs, which is making my hips look massive, as there is nothing to balance me out :-/ Anyone else had that problem?