Why am I the only one at the gym wtih panty lines?

Options

Replies

• katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I am the most oblivious at the gym apparently...

but how do you do it? Isn't their like chaffing in a thong? I would think my butt would move to much and it would hurt later....:blushing:
  • ruth1104
    ruth1104 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    haha! funny post. Surely lycra with no underwear isn't good for your lady bits...? Sounds sweaty. Granny pants all the way!!
  • amandakay23
    Options

but how do you do it? Isn't their like chaffing in a thong? I would think my butt would move to much and it would hurt later....:blushing:

I have been thinking this the whole time I have been reading lol.....
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Seamless low-rise thong. These are my normal wear though so nothing different for the gym.
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    it took me forever but i switched to no undies , but all of my running shorts have a built in gusset
    i thought it was icky until i did it a few times and now i find it more comfy and never worry about lines
  • WattsJA
    WattsJA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I assume thongs. I wear them all the time. Believe it or not, they aren't as uncomfortable as you think they'd be. I started wearing them when I was 14 for comfort (I have a bubble butt) with my mother's permission...

Wait, you have your mom's permission to have a bubble butt? More importantly .. you NEEDED your mom's permission?
    :laugh: :tongue:

:flowerforyou:
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

man, I'm glad I'm not alone!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I saw 4 women at the gym with pantylines today, so it isn't just you. I go commando.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I assume thongs. I wear them all the time. Believe it or not, they aren't as uncomfortable as you think they'd be. I started wearing them when I was 14 for comfort (I have a bubble butt) with my mother's permission...

Wait, you have your mom's permission to have a bubble butt? More importantly .. you NEEDED your mom's permission?
    :laugh: :tongue:

:flowerforyou:

bah, I just meant that my mom bought the thongs for me...it was a comfort thing, not a sexy thing....

Do you know how uncomfortable it is to have 6 inch-WIDE cloth up your crack? Take my word for it..the less width, the better...
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options

a well fitted thong doesn't move around...
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Lines here... but I also am wearing boy shorts almost exclusively now, but the new problem is as I lose weight they are starting to roll when I put on my pants over them. I guess that just means time to shop for new panties!
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This topic makes me happy!
    I wear whatever i put on that morning for the gym (i'm definitely too poor to go through two pairs of underwear a day!). I also wear sweats, so you can't really tell what i'm wearing. but people can stare at my tush all they want... I'm there to work out not impress anybody. (talk to me when i'm 135... then maybe i'm there to impress people)
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

a well fitted thong doesn't move around...

exactly. i have a bubble butt (even at 120 pounds) and honestly most panties don't cover properly even if I get the larger one that is too wide for my hips. Thongs are awesome and I'm not getting wedgies
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my running skirts all have built-ins, so no underwear lines for me. :) i haven't tried them in a spinning or yoga class though; not sure how appropriate that would be.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    haha this post made me laugh! I work out in thongs under my gear. Regular undies are so uncomfortable to me when working out!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Yes...those of us that wear our lycra wear thongs.

Yep. For me, they are way more comfortable.

I "third" this notion. This might be tmi...but because I wear thongs at the gym I get the "butt crack" sweat line on my pants. I tend to sweat a lot. Well,I assume that's why I get it like that. I guess I should switch to boy shorts and see if I still get it. Honestly I don't care...I'm there to sweat, lose weight, get into shape, etc etc. And if I don't walk out sweaty I feel like I've done something wrong!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options

only when doing jumping jacks or spinning. Then its PAIN.
  • mislove68
    Options
    I only wear a thong for the past 12 years. Even when i was pregnant. So I am the girl at the gym with a thong! At home I do no thong and just wear my pants.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Funniest. Post. EVER. LOVE. IT!

I have to agree that thong in spin class would be pure torture. I am only 20 but I go granny panties all the time at the gym! If other people want to look at my butt while I am running or doing the elliptical, that means they are standing around at the gym while I am actually working!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Cotton pants under looser trousers: no line, no chafe... and why the heck would anyone be looking at anyone else's butt rather than working his/her own off?
    :wink: