The Randoms - February 2011

Options

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

QOTD: What would you do if you won the lottery?
    I expect it to be a good lottery if I bought a ticket for it.

#1 create a trust fund
    #2 pay off my bills, my parents bills, my sisters bills (including mortgages)
    #3 take over paying for my grandfathers assisted living costs
    #4 quit my job
    #5 move the hell out of SC
    #6 buy a cabin on a lake in northern MN or WI
    #7 pay off my grandmothers mortgage and put the house in the name of the trust to protect her
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    Pay off all debt, save/invest, and GET THE HELL OUT OF ILLINOIS!!!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... if I won the lottery...

#1 Get rid of the student loans (I have quite a bit since I just graduated from college with my self-funded Masters)
    #2 Buy a new car. I'm still driving the one I got when I was 16 from my parents, and I'm now 24!
    #3 Travel ALL THE TIME
    #4 Indulge my inner shopaholic and buy lots of fabulous designer things that I can only stare at and wish the price tags had a few less digits in them
    #5 Let my parents retire. My mom is still job hunting and my dad needs a break
    #6 Buy a house on the Jersey Shore for me and my family

I don't think I'd quit my job, I'd go NUTS if I wasn't busy with something every day.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Brian, don't you mean, get the hell out of Illinois and find the people who conspired against us and put us here? :o) lol!

QOTD: I asked the question merely because I constantly joke with my friends "Well when I win the lottery I will get RIGHT on that!" There is so much I would love to do with money but I would most of all like to not worry about it. I don't need fancy clothes, car, house...anything like that. I love what I have. I just want to be rid of my medical bills and see my non-profit organization blessed! And be able to help other people! Oh so very much.

One of my friends though just told me this story that literally made my jaw drop. They bought their house from a couple that they are friends with that have won the lottery. Which is awesome! The horrible part? You know how you hear about how bad luck comes with winning the lottery? The fellow won the lottery and then lost his leg in some sort of accident! How sad! She then tells me...they win the lottery two more times. Three times total. :noway:

At that point? I think I might limp about for millions of dollars of money...I would miss running desperately...but THREE times? lol! :o)
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    they've won the lottery 3 times? :noway: I say once you win, stop playing!

AMEN! And if you keep playing...you loose an appendage for each win...Just sayin....LOL! Okay that is mean but come on, spread the wealth!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Pay off everything....all 300,000 dollars worth of debt
    invest/save put money away for retirement
    plan some awesome vacations
    pay of my family's bills
    put money away for my children's college
    Oh man, so much....
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Winning the lottery, eh? Well, since I don't play it is never going to happen lol. I even once had a dream that I won the lottery and I was consumed with guilt and confusion over gambling (in the dream itself).
    However but if I had some bizarre huge windfall of extra cash for some reason I would:
    -tithe
    -go on a missions trip
    -pay off our house
    -renovate
    -go on vacation
    -pay for my husband's education
    -put away money for my kids
    -put away money for retirement

It seems like most of us have similar lists...no crazy dreams of ferraris and mansions out there?
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Haha... well I kind of want a Lexus or Infiniti for my new car. A mansion seems like such a pain to furnish and clean... hahaha. I'll take a normal size house with a nice pool in the back and a gym in the basement.

Oh, one thing to add to my list.

A PERSONAL CHEF! I have such issues cooking decent healthy food without adding unhealthy things to it something (salt, butter, etc) that a healthy cook would be amazing.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Yeah no mansion for me! Prefer a nice loft like condo in Minneapolis or ST Paul preferably with a gym in the building and my own personal chef and trainer.
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    QOTD: What would you do if you won the lottery? ANNNNNNNNNNNNND GO!

I would pay of all my parents mortgage. Help out my sisters and my husbands parents and brother's family. Set some money aside for my nieces.
    I would buy a house by the beach. That's my dream. And I would looooove to hire someone to clean my house and do laundry. I hate doing both of those things. And a driver.
    And I definitely want to donate money.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    YEAH I am in ONDERLAND finally............weighed in at 197.8 this week
    thanks for all your encouragement and motivation

what I would do if I won the lotto?

Pay off my house
    help my parents
    renovate my house
    buy some new furniture
    travel
    buy a vacation house by the beach
    donate money to charities
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    themommie - CONGRATS! That is wonderful :)

pragya728 - all good things! And I would just die for a house on the beach. I'm a Cali girl at heart - living in Idaho right now and the beach is the one thing I REALLY miss.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    What would I do if I won the lotto?

Hmmm, well, I'd love to move! I bought a house in Idaho about 7yrs ago; my dad passed away and I decided to put my inheritance into buying a house and car instead of having the money laying around to blow (especially in such an emotional situation, it'd be too easy to just shop to distract myself!). I checked out costs of living around the country, and at that point in time the Boise area was so "up-and-coming" Big mistake! I don't really love it here, but it's impossible to sell right now, so I'm stuck. Although, if I won the lottery I'd go ahead and move and continue paying property tax and maintenance here until I could sell the place ;-) Definitely would head back to the west coast or Hawaii.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Okay, you know that windfall we've been talking about, can I add to my list because I would really like to move to a warmer climate--preferably a tropical one! Oh, and I want a maid to come and clean my house and a personal chef to make me delicious and nutritious meals.
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Sigh...all this dreaming and now I can stop dreaming about ONE particular thing: Last day of February! WOOT! I can't stand this month! I always hole up, shell up and hide the month of February and now its the last day! *does dance* Very excited! Birthday in 23 days, first fundraiser in a month *sweats*, and the fact that spring is on the way? Whoooo hooooo!

I'm excited to start the new thread for The Randoms. I keep thinking of my goals. This month I was beyond lazy. It was really hard for me to workout because of different health reasons and then when I felt better I didn't want to push myself because I felt behind in so many ways. I'm back on track but I know this month is going to be crazy with promoting our fundraiser so I don't want to loose sight of me again. I think THAT will be my goal. Ha ha! :o) I know I'm at my goal weight but I think it is so important to still have exercise goals to keep yourself in check. :o)
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Today is the last day of Feb but feels like May to me. 80 degrees outside and listening to the Twins on the radio.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Today is the last day of Feb but feels like May to me. 80 degrees outside and listening to the Twins on the radio.

I so hate you right now. :): ) Just kidding. I can't wait until I get to watch them on TV everyday!!! Tomorrow we're supposed to be in the 40's and I'm super pumped lol. 80's?? I can't hardly wait!
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am terribly jealous of this. I wish Canada was warmer :(

Still not stopping me from going to the gym! So long as I go, Ill keep going. But, if I don't go, it normally results in me being lazy for a day.

Bring on March!