More People Watching At The Gym

Options
There was a thread I just could not stop laughing at yesterday, about funny people and things that happen at your gym. So tonight while I was doing my thing I paid a lot closer attention to who and what was around me. I made some interesting discoveries.

1. That old man on the treadmill, he is at every gym, including mine. I was there for an hour and a half and he walked the treadmill the entire time.

2. Guys who just sit on the machines and talk about how buff they are. There were about 6 of them there tonight. Kindof annoying when you are waiting for a machine in your circuit and someone is sitting there texting on it instead of using it while the other machines you need are occupied by Gab and McGabberson Meathead.

3. The girls without panty lines. It's true. There were about 10 women there tonight and NONE of them had panty lines. WTH?

4. The guy who doesn't work out, walks around looking like he will and ends up only chatting up chicks (soooo obvious what his purpose is in paying the $40/month membership fee. HELLO the gym is NOT a dating service. Fo shizzle?)

Your turn!

Replies

• jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    5. The guy who makes sexual sounding grunts with each rep.
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    The guy who lifts his cheek and lets it rip right next to you. Ugh

And there is a mullet man at my gym who HOGS machines! He puts his sweat towel on them and wanders around so no one else will use it. :grumble:
  • katierg
    Options
    5. The guy who makes sexual sounding grunts with each rep.
    LOL Maybe he feels more powerful when he vocalizes.
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    The gym I go to is a Curves-type place (though not actually Curves), and my pet peeve is two friends who come together and are so busy chatting that they either don't hear the prompt to change stations or they change so slowly that the 30 seconds is half over by the time they change. Shut up and exercise, people! (Or is that "exercise something besides your mouths!")

EDIT: I should mention that these people primarily bug me when they're occupying the two stations ahead of the one I'm at in the circuit, so I can't advance until they do.
  • katierg
    Options
    The guy who lifts his cheek and lets it rip right next to you. Ugh

And there is a mullet man at my gym who HOGS machines! He puts his sweat towel on them and wanders around so no one else will use it. :grumble:
    Ew! I would totally take his towel and tell him to shove it somewhere.

But the farting thing is actually kindof funny. I know guys who do that just to make the other guys laugh. I can't help it. I am a sucker for fart jokes.
  • newkay
    newkay Posts: 20
    Options
    Me. I'm there. The girl who accidentally ran off the side of the treadmill when my boyfriend's ex girlfriend's clone walked in front of me on saturday. we were all mutual friends at one point.. but not many people scare me more now!!
    Yes, people noticed.
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    There's this super super buff guy at my gym who walks around in silver booty shorts.

There's another guy who works out and drinks pepsi, seriously!

Girls who look like they came from a photo shoot with full on make-up and hair

I'm sure I'll think of more my gym is in Hollywood after all!
  • katierg
    Options
    Me. I'm there. The girl who accidentally ran off the side of the treadmill when my boyfriend's ex girlfriend's clone walked in front of me on saturday. we were all mutual friends at one point.. but not many people scare me more now!!
    Yes, people noticed.
    ROFL! Im sorry that's awful but it just made me think of Ashley in season 9 Biggest Loser and how they just KEPT playing that one clip of her falling off the treadmill on day 1.
  • katierg
    Options
    There's this super super buff guy at my gym who walks around in silver booty shorts.

There's another guy who works out and drinks pepsi, seriously!

Girls who look like they came from a photo shoot with full on make-up and hair

I'm sure I'll think of more my gym is in Hollywood after all!
    I am moving there this Summer. What gym is it?? lol
  • Carissa83
    Carissa83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with the girls without panty lines?!? I think I'm proudly one of those, lol.
  • zandhmom75
    zandhmom75 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Where I used to have access to a gym, there was a little, elderly woman that would come in, wearing her polyester slacks and one of those sweatshirts with the birdhouses on it. She had "her" treadmill, right by the door, and if anyone was on it, there would be hell to pay! Luckily everyone was understanding, and obliged her when she came in. She wanted to be by the fan, and she didn't want to have to walk too far for a machine. What? Aren't you here to walk? Lol! Then she would toodle along for about 10 minutes, and be done!
  • fitstarr
    Options
    How about the "peacok" puffed up 18 y/o who keeps staring at you! I just want to yell "WHAT if I'm doing something wrong TELL ME!" or piss off I'm here to sweat!

And how about a small room with 12 ladies during a spin class and someone lets one fly! Hello! Ladies GROSS! I really don't need to deeply breath in your bowels!

Re panty lines, LULU Lemon makes awesome under things with no lines so there's no double butt going on :)

OK thanks for the vent!
    Happy Gyming!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Twinkle Toes!!
    I just noticed this guy tonight... He was young-ish (mid twenties tops) looked rather fit (he's tall (well over 6 feet) and lean) he was wearing your standard matching nike running gear. He was on the treadmill tonight and if he was going faster than 4.5mph I'd be shocked. He was making the motion like he was jogging but taking REEEEEEEEALLY tiny steps. I was waiting for him to bust out a eukele and start singing "Tip Toe Through the Tulips"

He kept this up for the better part of my 30 minutes on the elliptical. I got to watch this in all it's glory as I was right behind him. I was staring in wonderment when the hot guy on the stair stepper next to me stifles a laugh... I look at him and realize he too is witnessing the spectical and we both lost it. People turned to stare at us the Crazy Laughing Cardio People.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    1. That old man on the treadmill, he is at every gym, including mine. I was there for an hour and a half and he walked the treadmill the entire time.

3. The girls without panty lines. It's true. There were about 10 women there tonight and NONE of them had panty lines. WTH?

Just wanted to say that I'm proud of that old man, and ANY person who makes it to the gym, regardless whether they're walking or running. They're making an effort for their health, a massive KUDOS to them!

I avoid panty lines. No one needs to stare at my undies shifting around or going up my bum when I run (c'mon, it happens sometimes!). Nothing wrong with wearing a thong so that people don't have to be faced with the gross visual. I dislike when women DON'T wear discreet undies and you've got a quadruple-bum happening!! :tongue:
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    no panty lines here. I dont need my panties riding up and distracting me so i go commando under my underarmor!
  • katierg
    Options
    Twinkle Toes!!
    I just noticed this guy tonight... He was young-ish (mid twenties tops) looked rather fit (he's tall (well over 6 feet) and lean) he was wearing your standard matching nike running gear. He was on the treadmill tonight and if he was going faster than 4.5mph I'd be shocked. He was making the motion like he was jogging but taking REEEEEEEEALLY tiny steps. I was waiting for him to bust out a eukele and start singing "Tip Toe Through the Tulips"

He kept this up for the better part of my 30 minutes on the elliptical. I got to watch this in all it's glory as I was right behind him. I was staring in wonderment when the hot guy on the stair stepper next to me stifles a laugh... I look at him and realize he too is witnessing the spectical and we both lost it. People turned to stare at us the Crazy Laughing Cardio People.
    ROFL!

Last week I was on the elliptical for the first time in a while and after my 20minutes warming up on it I jumped off. You know how the machines at these places are so close together? There was a drop dead gorgeous guy on the one next to mine and I ended up jumping off light headed/off balance and nearly hit my head on one of the swinging arms of his machine. I missed it but I was sooooo flustered by his "oh man! you ok?" that I took a step in the wrong direction and knocked over the garbage can full of discarded machine wipedown rags which I then had to pick up along with all the sweat soaked cloths, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. Sooooo embarrassing!
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The grunting is highlarious. But I hate the people who think they know what they're doing but they really just look like their about to hurt themselves. So they just get into something and start moving things around. Like when someone uses the ab machine for an arm workout. Huh?
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I thought of another one! super tan steroid woman
  • katierg
    Options
    The grunting is highlarious. But I hate the people who think they know what they're doing but they really just look like their about to hurt themselves. So they just get into something and start moving things around. Like when someone uses the ab machine for an arm workout. Huh?
    YES! I saw this about 4 different times tonight. Guys who look so proud to be using a machine and they are using it wrong! Don't they know that the reason you have certain posture and hand positioning is to work the right muscles and work them properly???
  • katierg
    Options
    24 hour fitness on sunset blvd.

What brings you to Hollywood btw?

Also Hi new friend!
    Getting married. Hubby-to-be needs to be there for his job so we are looking for places in the Hollywood neighborhood.