Am I seriously the only guy on here? LOL

Options
12346»

Replies

• Vipecap
    Vipecap Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yup, another guy chiming in. There are plenty of us, but we are too busy in the gym to post :P Good luck with your weight loss journey, guy or girl ;)
  • vitaenamor
    Options
    LOL welcome to MFP! I just started as well, there's more guys than you think on here, some just like to be on the DL.
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    lots of guys here, but none with square faces!! :laugh: :wink:

Square, BLAcK faces no less. You are missing some facial features... nose, eyes, mouth... perhaps those have become optional ;) welcome and there are a bunch of men.
  • WallyMan
    Options
    Nope. Lot's of guys here. I started at 260 lbs. 4 1/2 months ago and I'm sitting at 205 lbs. right now. My goal is 200 lbs. I'm almost there.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Plenty of guys here, but just like in real life the ladies do most of the talking :bigsmile:

LOL!

PS. Awesome job Wally :-)
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Where are all the pics?
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I was married for a long time, so I am only recently growing my pair back. joke.gif

Welcome.

OMG! That's the funniest thing I've read on this site since I got started here (before Halloween this year).
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    And you are doing good with your weight loss - men seem to have it easier anyway.

It is not any easier for us. We have to run about the same negative calories as a woman the same height. We just tend to be taller and heavier people burn more calories. None of us have a goal weight of 105.

Men are usually much better at goal focus too. You ladies overthing every-freaking-thing and are much more prone to let emotions (and suprisingly soreness) have an effect on your eating and exercise decisions! I always thought women were supposed to deal with pain better than men, but I have seen tons of posts here where soreness is used as an excuse not to exercise. The line between pain and injury is pretty big IMO.

WHAT????? Men are better at focusing on goals???? You're kidding, right?? :noway: And I've seen some emotional guys on here too. I'll give you that I've seen a lot of women over thinking things... a few of the men, too, though. Really, weight loss isn't rocket science. From both sides, "Oh, I blew it today. I hate myself! What am I going to do?" Really, what are you going to do? Make better decisions tomorrow and keep going.

What posts have you been looking at? I haven't seen anyone use soreness as an excuse to get out of working out. Granted, I don't browse the forums much... just the threads that are posted to my home page (or whatever they call it).
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    Oops! And... welcome Canopy2k! Congratulations on making the decision to be here, in spite of the jeers from friends. Once you drop the weight and are smokin' hot and they're still fat, it'll be, "Dude! How'd you do it?" Life's best revenge is lookin' good and livin' well. That'll teach 'em to make fun of you.

Oh, and I knew there were quite a few guys on here. I see them all the time, but they're all married or engaged. I'll be divorced soon. Where's all the single guys? :huh:
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You are not alone by a long shot. Although MFP's population does seem to be overwhelmingly female there are quite a few of us men lurking about.

I started my journey here almost one year ago and I can tell you without a doubt that if you're honest with yourself that you will reach your goals. I was heavier than you are now (270) when I started and I'm now closing in on my goal weight of 170. Those last ten pounds are being a serious B!tch.

I'm constantly approached by people who haven't seen me in awhile, amazed at my weight loss. Their first question is always "how did you do it?" like it's some super secret pill or something. The funny thing is that a majority of them hear how I did it (diet and exercise) and say "well, you look great but I dont' think I could do that." It cracks me up... But I used to be in their shoes too. It's a daunting task when you look at the fact that you need to lose 75-100 lbs or more.

After seeing all of the comments i may just have to grab the camera and post a shirtless shot for the ladies since I no longer claim moob status. :laugh:
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was looking for posts about how many guys use this stie and found this thread. Hilarious. Iloved the one response that his wife was taking him to have his vasectomy and just told him to put on some clean underwear and they're going for a ride. Laughed out loud.

Is it against the man code to send a friend request to another dude? It feels like it would be. I almost send a friend request to eh guy who made the above post but I wondered what he would think about another dude asking to be his friend out of the blue. Would he think I was being a little too forward? That maybe we should get to know one another a little better first? I'm not sure what the rules of online message board ettiquette says to do in tis situation. And do those rules even apply to a community like this consisting of a ovewhelming majority of women versus men?

I'm perplexed. I want more friends to follow and encourage and to be encouraged by. But do I want some dude to be telling me it's awesome that I've lost another pound? If my best friend of 30 years told me that, I'd punch him in the arm and walk away mumbling something about him being gay.

Onthe other hand, I dont' think I'd have any real problem accepting a friend request from another guy, just as long as my friend list doesn't start looking like a, pardon the crude saying, "sausage fest."
  • hamster123
    Options
    Dude that's a great post! Lots of room for men friends, doing men's stuff. I'm sending you a friend request.
  • Loki182
    Loki182 Posts: 31
    Options
    Ok, So this is where all the guys are hiding.. Man I was really starting to wonder about this myself. Good to know I'm not alone even if we are few and far between.
  • Baroque_Ja
    Baroque_Ja Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Is it against the man code to send a friend request to another dude? It feels like it would be. I almost send a friend request to eh guy who made the above post but I wondered what he would think about another dude asking to be his friend out of the blue. Would he think I was being a little too forward? That maybe we should get to know one another a little better first? I'm not sure what the rules of online message board ettiquette says to do in tis situation. And do those rules even apply to a community like this consisting of a ovewhelming majority of women versus men?

I'm perplexed. I want more friends to follow and encourage and to be encouraged by. But do I want some dude to be telling me it's awesome that I've lost another pound? If my best friend of 30 years told me that, I'd punch him in the arm and walk away mumbling something about him being gay.

That is pretty much the opposite how i look at it, I feel sorta weird to have women in my friends list. Not that would be weird but it makes me uncomfortable, also my wife is pretty anti-facebook sort of stuff and I don't blame her. I'm married and stuff and to me it feels like I would be prying into chick stuff. I'm sure a lot of girls feel the same way.

Anyway, if i see a guy posting with similar background as me, close to my age and with similar interests I just add them. To me it's like going to the Y and playing a pick up game of basketball with random guys.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Go to the MAN CAVE Thread!! it's all dudes, no women allowed (although I do love reading it just for the work out tips)
  • Baroque_Ja
    Baroque_Ja Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    But where it it, LOL. I actually typed in "Man Cave" into the search and it came up with threads for depression and pregnancy :D

Link please ;)
  • MrRush
    MrRush Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Another guy here. I'm starting about the same place you are and want to end up about the same place. I haven't weighed 180 since back in the day.

Fell free to friend. I don't have any yet- I just joined, but I can see the social aspect of this can be supportive?

What are you going to do when you hit your weight? This might sound stupid, but I am going to buy a nice suit. Have a suit that I fit in at the weight I want to be will encourage me to stay at that weight since I won't want to spend more money to buy another suit. Might sound silly, but I guess I need to use whatever motivates me.
  • hotmooglelove
    Options
    I'm here bro :glasses:
  • twinkier
    twinkier Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ha, Ha, :laugh:

Everyone Rocks on this forum. I Love it!:tongue:
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Dude #214