Any women doing p90x

Options

Replies

• GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    2nd round of the X, i also do a site called bodyrock.tv, along with running a yoga!!! ;-)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dmkaiser83
    Options
    starting week 3. how is everyone doing? i've lost 5 pounds so far. i think the thing about p90x and 'not being able to lose weight' is that maybe you don't notice the weight loss but you should always measure and you will notice the inches! my husband lost 30 pounds and now he is gaining it back but in muscle! LOL he's an animal. I just want to lose about 50-60#. it's all about getting healthy!
    good luck ladies!
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    How do you log the calories? I'm starting p90 on Monday. Thanks
  • penne356
    Options
    Can someone give me input about the weights they're using? How light and heavy did you go? I'm trying to save money and get the supplies before starting P90X.
  • dmkaiser83
    Options
    go with adjustable. they have them from 5-25# for a reasonable price.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Can someone give me input about the weights they're using? How light and heavy did you go? I'm trying to save money and get the supplies before starting P90X.

IMO if you are try to do P90X without spending too much additional money, get resistance bands. That said, I use 10/15/20 dumbbells, but I also did a year of kettlebell fitness training before starting P90X, it's definitely different, but I prefer a little bulk over lean because of my build.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

i have a rack for 5's, 8's, and 10's, those are the neoprene weights from Walmart. I also invested in the Reebok adjustable weights that I got from Target. I got a set of two that goes from 5-25 pounds. Each adjustable weight cost about $60 bucks. It's an investment that I made during my first round of P90X. I didn't buy a yoga mat till the end of the first round. I never needed to buy the yoga block. i got a weighted vest for Christmas. This 3rd round that I just completed I didn't have to invest anymore money. But I would have, because I'm worth it.
  • dyiaane
    Options
    How do you input the calories for each video? I input some regular strength training today (not p90) and no calories get taken off. But I hear you do sweat from P90 so I'm wondering how you all log it. Thanks. Any p90 tips? Starting Monday...
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    How do you input the calories for each video? I input some regular strength training today (not p90) and no calories get taken off. But I hear you do sweat from P90 so I'm wondering how you all log it. Thanks. Any p90 tips? Starting Monday...

You log them under the Cardio not the strength training section to show calorie burn.
  • dyiaane
    Options
    Yes, got that but if you don't have a heart rate monitor is there an approximation for the amount of calories burned? I'm not going to have one in time for when I start. Thanks
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    I am going to be starting the lean program because it says it is better for weight loss. Anyone else doing lean?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I do Taekwondo twice a week in addition to P90X (which I just started yesterday!) I don't do it to add an extra calorie burn but because I've been doing TKD for two years and I love it. In fact, the whole reason I wanted to do P90X was to improve my TKD. Today is plyometrics; if it doesn't kill me I hear it will really amp up my TKD. :)
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    bump
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I personally did not feel that P90x had enough cardio in it - and the cardio it does have was either too easy or not fun. I am one of those who couldn't lose weight just doing P90x, I doubled up P90x with running or other cardio (Turbo Jam/Fire, Hip Hop Abs). I do love it for strength training though. If you are doubling up, I heard somewhere (and not sure if it has since been debunked) that you should weight train before cardio because you will burn more in your cardio, and whether or not it's true, I have stuck to that idea.
  • Melisha82
    Options
    I'm in phase 2 of the lean version! I warm up either with a walk or the elliptical!
  • dmkaiser83
    Options
    first day of my first rest week! I've started replacing stretch with yoga. stretchx just seems so pointless and ultra boring.

How is everyone else doing?
  • dyiaane
    Options
    Today I have day 5 Arms and back. Not a fan of yesterday's Yoga. Its very long and boring. Not sure how I'm gonna spend an hour and a half with that every Thursday. We will see. Week 1 is going good so far.
  • fanofucf
    fanofucf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What have been your results thus far? I am in week 3 and I feel like I have only lost like less then one pound. I am following a weat clean diet to the tee and just wondered if anyone else was losing? I may start adding more cardio in with the workouts.

Thanks
  • dyiaane
    Options
    I'm in week one. I do like it but I am adding in cardio as well. I feel like if I want to loose weight and not just gain muscle I need to do more cardio. I usually did cardio 4 days a week before p90x and weights a couple times a week so I don't want to decrease my cardio. I think you should add in as much as you can. Yesterday I did the Legs and Back and then did 20 minutes on the elliptical. Good luck.