Join me... 100 pounds to lose! -part 3

Options

Replies

• CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    For those that aren't on my friends list or facebook page, I had to share this with you:

OMG! Love this! I figured out why I'm so fat. The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says, "for extra volume and body." Going to start using Dawn dishwashing soap. It says, "dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove." ~Excellent advice! I'm going to try it! (copied this from a friend!)

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    LOL - I'm always looking for humourous things to write on here to keep people's spirits up. I'm going to "borrow" this one :) Thanks :laugh:
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    LOL - I'm always looking for humourous things to write on here to keep people's spirits up. I'm going to "borrow" this one :) Thanks :laugh:

Not a problem, I "borrowed" it from a friend too :smile: :wink:
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hey my peeps! Miss you guys! It seems like this group is starting to fizzle out.
  • Kminor67
    Options
    I got this idea from emmaleigh47 in the forum, and I'm going to do it! Just wondering if any of you would like to join me? :drinker:

Here is the original post from Emma:

Thu 03/03/11 10:18 AM
    Good day... I stole this idea from fellow MFP members emilysebastian and fzyfrog ...

The Idea: to break the hold that the scale has on us. Yeah sure that number when it goes down might motivate you ... but when it goes up it throws you off, right? Actually for me its the other way around, when the scale is down I am less motivated and slack off and when its up I think I need to try harder.

The Truth: GUESS WHAT... the scale does not run our lives. If we eat right, and get activity we should lose weight, right? How many times has that dumb scale derailed you?

The Plan: a Lenten scale diet .... if your not religious you can call it the 40 day scale diet if you would like. Last weigh in will be on March 8th ... March 9th hide the scale, throw it out, give it to your husband/wife ... I dont care what you do with it but DO NOT get back on any scale until Easter Sunday!

The Challenge: If you are part of a challenge, just inform your challenge you wont weigh in ... you will have an awesome weight at the end ... it will be worth it.

The Measurement: you are allowed to measure yourself ONCE per week if you wish ... personally I am not going to do this (if I get frisky I might measure every other week but I am going to try to do nothing)

The Goal: Track your calories in MFP - both food and exercise! Make excellent choices... based on your activity and food preferences!

The Celebration: Easter Sunday ... we will rock it ... have some great numbers and will no longer be slaves to the scale.

I would like to start an official challenge msg board ... to encourage all members. We can also share those NSVs that we all have and often overlook because we are slaves to that number of the scale.

So what do you say ... who's with me?
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Everyone seems to be doing this.....I don't know if I can. I tried weighin in 2x a week and to be honest it went up. I have no way of modifying behaviour without the result son the scale.....LOL But seriously this week i binged on ice cream and who knows what the numbrs will b, but my pants are not thinking I'm going to have a good result.

I'm all for supporting you guys if you want to. I can abstain from weighing in on Fridays.....LOL

As for the fizzle thoughts, I'm here as long as others are :) I kinda like having a really small group that's on the quieter side. I have two other groups but they talk so much that I can hardly keep up.....
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    This group has been pretty quiet lately....I've been checking in to see if anyone else has, I don't say nothing, because usually when I check in there are no new posts.

About the challenge, I'm not sure....I only weigh in once a week and I find myself getting anxious towards the end of the week, so it sounds like a good plan, but I'm not sure.
  • chillrose
    chillrose Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way about the challenge. There is no way I could keep myself under control without keeping track of my weight. Though I think it would be awesome to see the end result, it would make me crazy! And WHERE IS EVERYONE?? I have to put aside some time for this, and get people back in here!! LOVE YOU GUYS!! :heart:
    OH YEAH>>>:flowerforyou:

♫ ♪ ☼ Walking on sunshine ☼ ♫ ♪ And DON”T IT FEEL GOOD!!! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪I feel alive, I feel alive I feel alive!! ♫ ♪ Walking on sunshine baby!! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ And DON”T IT FEEL GOOD!!! ♫ ♪ ♥♥♥
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    I'm the same way about the challenge. There is no way I could keep myself under control without keeping track of my weight. Though I think it would be awesome to see the end result, it would make me crazy! And WHERE IS EVERYONE?? I have to put aside some time for this, and get people back in here!! LOVE YOU GUYS!! :heart:
    OH YEAH>>>:flowerforyou:

♫ ♪ ☼ Walking on sunshine ☼ ♫ ♪ And DON”T IT FEEL GOOD!!! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪I feel alive, I feel alive I feel alive!! ♫ ♪ Walking on sunshine baby!! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ And DON”T IT FEEL GOOD!!! ♫ ♪ ♥♥♥

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I lost 2.4 lbs this week doing level 2 of Jillian's 30 DS!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    If last week was big smiles, this week is big grumbles. I have had a horrendous eating week. I mitigated the damage though over the last few days....but bloated like no one's business. I actually was in physical pain yesterday, not discomfort.....I don't know, I've been good on water. Going to eat some fennel tonight, supposed to help.....

2011 SW: 241.8
    Week 1 EW: 236.1 ( - 5.7lbs)
    Week 2 EW: 236.6 ( +0.5lbs)
    Week 3 EW: 236.1 ( - 0.5lbs)
    Week 4 EW: 237.2 (+1.1lbs)
    Week 5 EW: 235.5 (- 1.7lbs)
    Week 6 EW: 235.2 (- 0.3lbs)
    Week 7 EW: 234.8 (- 0.4lbs)
    Week 8 EW: 233.2 (- 1.6lbs)
    Week 9 EW: 236.3 (+3.1 lbs)

Sounds like eveyrone's having a sunny day!
  • Kminor67
    Options
    I, too, have had a horrendous eating week. I didn't gain, and I didn't lose, but admittedly I didn't log everything I ate. I have a feeling that the dreaded menopause may be beginning. Cravings and cramps are creeping up on me at inappropriate times, and I'm on an emotional rollercoaster. It's weird.
  • Kminor67
    Options
    Okay guys.... today is the first day of my new job! I'm excited and a bundle of nerves! Hope you all have a terrific day!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Kami - you'll have a great day. So exciting to start a new job. Can't wait to hear about how your day went.
  • chillrose
    Options
    Let's get back on the CHALLENGES!! :bigsmile:

Monday, March 7: DO a 30 minute vigorous aerobic workout! Concentrate on upper body.

Tuesday, March 8: DO a 30 minute vigorous aerobic workout! Concentrate on lower body.

Wednesday, March 9: DO a 30 minute workout, concentrate on ABS! Do 5 sets of 10 Squats.

Thursday, March 10: DO a 30 minute vigorous aerobic workout! Concentrate on upper body.

Friday, March 11: Weigh in and SMILE! Dance to our favorite song!! Walking on sunshine!
    DO a 30 minute vigorous aerobic workout! Concentrate on lower body.

Saturday, March 12: Make chicken or fish the meat for today.

Sunday, March 13: Take a walk! Enjoy your Sunday!

LOVE YOU GUYS!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Kminor67
    Options
    The first two days at my new job went wonderfully! So far I really like it! It's going to be challenging, and NEVER boring! Perfect for me!

The one drawback is it's difficult to get everything logged, especially since my computer is on the fritz and I'm sharing my hubby's now. I've been logging things from the night before the next day. I'll get the hang of it though!

Thanks for all your support!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I have one more final project and a final next week then I plan to spend alot more time exercising for the next 10 days. I check by here when I can. So I am up for a challenge soon but I will be checking the scale daily as I always do. I am a big girl and I can take it. If I don't know what is happening I can't adjust. I am hoping I don't gain until then. I will be doing some soul searching over this break. I started school to get a few skills while out of work but there still doesn't seem to be any opportunity in my field so I have to decide what the next plan is. I am doing really well and love learning what I am doing but wonder if someone my age can start over in this field and if there is enough demand in it. I am really happy about your job Kami and am curious what you are doing. I am glad it is going well. At my house we are celebrating my son landing a spot in a program at a top law firm where they give him a scholarship and a summer job.
  • Kminor67
    Options
    KeriA- you're going to do fine. Don't give up!!!!!

I'm working in a nursing home with schizophrenic and schizo-affective patients. My primary job function is to advocate for them and teach them life skills. So far I absolutely LOVE it! I still have a lot of training to do, but I'm already finding it rewarding beyond the monetary!
  • chillrose
    Options
    ♫ ♪ ☼ Walking on sunshine ☼ ♫ ♪ And DON”T IT FEEL GOOD!!! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪I feel alive, I feel alive I feel alive!! ♫ ♪ Walking on sunshine baby!! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ And DON”T IT FEEL GOOD!!! ♫ ♪

Happy Friday all of my MFP friends! :flowerforyou:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    ACK - with all the going ons globally. Completely forgot it was weigh in day.....not a whole lot of sunshine out there, but I'm still walking on the one little ray I have :) Will weigh in tomorrow!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8
    Week 1 EW: 236.1 ( - 5.7lbs)
    Week 2 EW: 236.6 ( +0.5lbs)
    Week 3 EW: 236.1 ( - 0.5lbs)
    Week 4 EW: 237.2 (+1.1lbs)
    Week 5 EW: 235.5 (- 1.7lbs)
    Week 6 EW: 235.2 (- 0.3lbs)
    Week 7 EW: 234.8 (- 0.4lbs)
    Week 8 EW: 233.2 (- 1.6lbs)
    Week 9 EW: 236.3 (+3.1 lbs)
    Week 10 EW: 236.6 (+0.3 lbs)

I think I have to stop kidding myself. I gained the weight - it's not water weight and it's not bloat (although I am still extremely uncomfortable around the middle. Time to put my butt back into gear. I did have a major emotional eating day this week. We're starting fertility treatments next month and there are some decisions that need to be made - they'll have consequences for the rest of our lives and in a way will dictate our risk of not coming out of it with a successful pregnancy. We have a counselling session scheduled for next week, but that doesn't stop these decisions from consuming our thoughts until then. I didn't go to aquafit this week. My swim buddies both cancelled on me and I was in no mood to push myself.