Join me... 100 pounds to lose! -part 3

Options

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Some good progress shown earlier. I checked in on Friday to see but wasn't able to post and didn't have much to post anyway. Yay Kami I hope your half way mark comes soon. I hope you have a great trip Pam and congrats on your steady loss. Well not only did I have a loss but it didn't disapear. By that I mean that the update didn't disapear from the newsfeed. With the 1.2 before and this 1.8 I am where I want to be in finally starting to lose about a pound a week since it took more than a week to see this next loss. This means I have finally cracked the 25 pounds which was a psychological barrier somehow to me. I think I feel that if I can get to this weight below the one I was when I moved back to Seattle I can lose the weight I gained when I was not so happy in Texas. I always thought I would when I moved back and started to and hit some issues at work that bothered me. Some jealous colleague issues. Anyway I have more than lost my commuters weight and am on with the rest. That somehow feels like real progress to me. I am not sure why but it does. There is another watershed now as well since I am feeling that going to school full time is not the right thing anymore. I have taken the courses I came for and a few more. My daughter needs me to help with these last year+ of High School. They are cutting her AP Calculus BC course for next year. So after this push for the end of the quarter I will be doing some redirection. If I go back to school it will be because there are still no jobs out there and I will have a plan for a complete revamp not just updating and adding to the skillset I have. I feel a blog coming on but I am too busy for now but wanted to check in with all of you.
  • KeriA
    Options
    I know I was the last to post but it just hit me I no longer have 100 pounds to lose. I am not sure what I posted on here as my goal weight. But if I lost 100 I would be under my ideal weight of 137. I think that is a milestone. Kami saw that you just lost. If you haven't made the halfway mark you must be so close.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I weighed in on Saturday and forgot to post results, well, I gained 1.2 lbs, ugh! Either its water weight or muscle, I'm hoping. Oh well, trying this week, but I've been really bad with the soda this week, so I'm expecting another gain....trying to overcome the craving of soda, but its really hard when my MIL has a lot of it upstairs and I"m craving it, ugh!!!:grumble: C'mon will power, where did you go? I need some help!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Okay guys... I've lost 64 lbs now... just one more for halfway! I'm with you, Keri, in that I no longer have 100 lbs to lose. 66 to go. I'm excited about it, but nervous as well. It's not coming off nearly as fast as it used to. I'm tired, and I recently had my doctor put me back on antidepressants. Hopefully that will help my motivation.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Barb, maintain till you get that motivation back. Maintaining actually continues the slimming with exercise and it gives ou a break when you need it. Kami I can't wait till you hit the halfway mark but no pressure. Take it at its own time and Good for you for taking care of yourself. Hugs to all. Hope Pam's trip is going well.
  • chillrose
    chillrose Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    ♫ ♪ ☼ Walking on sunshine ☼ ♫ ♪ And DON”T IT FEEL GOOD!!! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪I feel alive, I feel alive I feel alive!! ♫ ♪ And DON”T IT FEEL GOOD!!! ♫ ♪ ♥♥♥ HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! :bigsmile: :heart:
  • KeriA
    Options
    Nice loss their Carol!!!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Woo hoo, Victory for me today, NO soda!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Weigh in tomorrow morning, hoping for a loss!!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Great Barb! hope you see that loss. I am in the last weeks of the quarter now so although I would like to see a loss I will be looking to maintain. Will be stepping up with this after quarter ends. I do not see any classes I need for now and the funding for the program I was in was cut so I will be concentrating on 1) parenting. My daughter will be applying to colleges next year. 2) exercise and weight loss 3) finding a job 4) making healthy dinners and getting our home in shape. For now back to homework.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8

Week 16 EW: 230.4 (-2.0 lbs)
    Week 17 EW: 228,8 (-1.6 lbs)
    Week 18 EW: 227.7 (-1.1 lbs)
    Week 19 EW: 226.0 (-1.7 lbs)
    Week 20 EW: 229.1 (+3.1lbs)

So I didn't weigh in on Friday - no scale, but as of this morning (my first day home) I was a little suprised that it was as low as it is :D I was expecting far worse. I didn't get in one bottle of water the whole week, I missed lunch most days and dinner was a hit or miss. The only thing I wanted was candy :|

Next week will be better! I'm home, back into my routine and doing what I need to do to get what I want!!!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Glad to see you are back and yes all will be well now that you are home and in your groove. I do not think you will have trouble getting those pounds off and starting back making progress. I hope it was a great trip.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Wanted to share this with everyone. Check this out, its Dr Oz's fast food diet, for those of us that are on the run, whether it be one day a week or all week, this can work, he had two ladies on the show that did this diet for 1 week and each other them lost 1 lb/day!

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-fast-food-diet
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Dr. Oz. In February I saw one of his shows where he said that the HCG diet is safe. I lost all respect for him that day.
  • KeriA
    Options
    I keep seeing banner adds with him claiming programs to lose way too much weight too fast. My friend says he has a great recipe for inside out burgers. So I guess take waht is good and throw out the rest.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    I think its the same as everything else. Listen to what he says but then do your research and make your own informed decision. He seems to come up with a different weight loss plan every week and so Im not sure how much of what he says is actually based on medical facts and what is healthiest and what hes just being paid to say and promote. Its the same as most other celebrity endorsers....I think I heard Jillian Michaels once say something about how she would never use her own products because they were crap....LOL
  • fitterpam
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8

Week 16 EW: 230.4 (-2.0 lbs)
    Week 17 EW: 228,8 (-1.6 lbs)
    Week 18 EW: 227.7 (-1.1 lbs)
    Week 19 EW: 226.0 (-1.7 lbs)
    Week 20 EW: 229.1 (+3.1lbs)
    Week 21 EW: 228.2 (-0.9lbs)

I didn't get back into routine perse, but came back to my jungley backyard that needed a bit of work to it, so that's where my exercise was this week. I am still eating crap food though...
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Me weigh in is tomorrow, hopefully there's been a little loss....since I had my no soda week challenge, I think I've been doing pretty good this week. Hoping for a good weigh in....
  • fitterpam
    Options
    You're looking great in your new profile pic!!!!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Thank you :happy:
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    <~~~~lost 2.4 pounds since her last weigh-in! She's lost 49.4 pounds so far.

Woo hoo, finally a loss! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: