Join me... 100 pounds to lose! -part 3

Options

Replies

• peachElibrarian
    peachElibrarian Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I saw your topic thread on the message boards and was hoping to join your support group.
    I'm 5'1 and my start weight when I joined MFP about 10 days ago was 225 lbs. My ultimate goal weight is 120, so I have 105 lbs. to lose.
    I'm 26 and currently in my last 3 months of grad school. I also work as a children's librarian at a public library and have an assistantship on campus to pay for tuition. So between 2 jobs and coursework it's really hard to find the time and the motivation to work out. I could really use some online friends to help hold me accountable.

Thanks!
    Morgan
  • cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Welcome Morgan!! Jump in and join in on the conversation!

fitter - my heart goes out to you. I have a very good friend going through infertility treatments and IVF and have seen the emotional toll it has taken on her and her husband. I wish you the best of luck!!

Kami - bless you!! It takes a special person to do your job!

You all have a wonderful weekend!!
    Cathy
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Kami that sounds like a great job and perfect for you. Best wishes for your decisions this week Pam. I was really happy to get in a great study break this morning at Aquafit. So it is off to the computer lab at school to finish up my last final project. I may be on here more after that since I will be home studying for my final and MFP is a good short study break. Hope all have a great weekend and new people have always been welcome. I accept all friends who let me know they are in this group.
    Keri
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Aw thanks guys - this is not a new struggle for us. We have been trying to start a family since 2002 when I was diagnosed with PCOS. We thought that was the only problem until my doctor tested my husband too and found issues there. We really thought his surgery in Sept would resolve them, but there has been no change so we are just going through with the IVF with ICSi, which is really our only available option at this point. Expensive, but worth it and one of my primary motivations. Since we have to spend all that money to go through the procedures, I would rather do everything I can now to make sure that it is a viable pregnancy. We have counselling this week to help with the decisions and then we start the first week in April - right before my 32nd birthday. Excited that by the end of May we should be pregnant, which would mean this time next year, I will be complaining about taking off pregnancy weight....LOL

HI Morgan - sounds like you and Kami are both heading towards those last courseloads....good luck ladies, I am confident that you will be able to balance work, school, fitness and everything else you have going on. Is that not why we are all here after all To learn that balance
  • chillrose
    chillrose Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has a GREAT WEEK! :bigsmile:

Here are the challenges for the week! :flowerforyou:

Monday, March 14: 30 minute strength training with weights

Tuesday, March 15: 30 minutes aerobics, concentrate on legs, and lower body

Wednesday, March 16: Eat your fruits and veggies! Try to get 4-6 servings today!

Thursday, March 17: 30 minute strength training with weights

Friday, March 18: Weigh in and smile!! Dance to “Walking on Sunshine”
    30 minutes aerobics, concentrate on legs, and lower body

Saturday, March 19: Take a walk, at least 1 mile. Enjoy the spring weather!

Sunday, March 20: Skip the sweets today, drink your water, and ENJOY YOUR FAMILY!

Have an AWESOME WEEK! :love:
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has a GREAT WEEK! :bigsmile:

Here are the challenges for the week! :flowerforyou:

Monday, March 14: 30 minute strength training with weights

Tuesday, March 15: 30 minutes aerobics, concentrate on legs, and lower body

Wednesday, March 16: Eat your fruits and veggies! Try to get 4-6 servings today!

Thursday, March 17: 30 minute strength training with weights

Friday, March 18: Weigh in and smile!! Dance to “Walking on Sunshine”
    30 minutes aerobics, concentrate on legs, and lower body

Saturday, March 19: Take a walk, at least 1 mile. Enjoy the spring weather!

Sunday, March 20: Skip the sweets today, drink your water, and ENJOY YOUR FAMILY!

Have an AWESOME WEEK! :love:

Thanks Carol!!! You have a fabulous week, yourself! I'll be doing my 14:30 in strength training later today... it's been a while so expect some whining from me tomorrow...lol
  • Kminor67
    Options
    As you guys know, I've decided to give up the scale for Lent. In addition, I've given up the tape measure. I didn't want to trade one obsession for another. I got a pleasant surprise this morning. Now that the bloating from TOM is subsiding, I'm noticing that my pajamas are getting too big! NSV!
  • Kminor67
    Options
    Hello groupies? Anyone out there?
  • KeriA
    Options
    Kami love to hear about those NSVs they are the best! and thanks for the challenges Carol. I am coming in on the last of the week though. Just had my last final for winter quarter yesterday. Have been on 2 walks around Greenlake since which is 2.8 miles around. So I should be on here (MFP) more than my late afternoon or evening check in. It takes a while to check out my pals when I only come on once!. I will definitely checking in hear too. Hoping to catch up to some of you not really all the way but closer.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    I'm here - work is swamping me. I'm doing 12 hour days 6 days a week right now. Only one more week thoguh.

YAY on noticing the jammies getting too loose!!! That's even better than any old measuring tape.

I'm so bloated now it's not even funny - it's painful almost. I can't seem to shake it, it's been about 3 weeks now....usually I can "suck in my gut" but not anymore. I can't seem to drink enough water to get it to go down......TOM is just around the corner though...but still 3 weeks, ugh

Keria - yay on finishing the final - I would have skipped around the lake :P
  • fitterpam
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8
    Week 6 EW: 235.2 (- 0.3lbs)
    Week 7 EW: 234.8 (- 0.4lbs)
    Week 8 EW: 233.2 (- 1.6lbs)
    Week 9 EW: 236.3 (+3.1 lbs)
    Week 10 EW: 236.6 (+0.3 lbs)
    Week 11 EW: 235.9 (-0.7 lbs)
  • KeriA
    Options
    Yay Pam a loss. As usual not down on this Friday but I am good. Went to a Zumba class then made a healthy breakfast for my son and me . Our spring breaks overlap for a few days. Made a good healthy dinner last night too and had long walks the past 2 days. I am worried that the increase in exercise will make me just want to eat more. Haven't had enough time to tell. I am glad I found this Zumba class for when I don't have aquafit and am tired of walking. The teacher said she teaches at our club but they are changing the class. I think I will try it there and if it isn't zumba like enough go to where I went today - neighborhood center. I need to move it move it!
  • Kminor67
    Options
    Congrats on the loss Pam! Congrats on the end of the quarter Keria! Now on to smaller and better things...lol
  • Kminor67
    Options
    Wow! This page seems to be deserted except for Fridays!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    You're right....I was just coming here to share some stuff.....It's tough to talk to yourself though :)

So my sister convinced me to join her gym today. I talked it over with DH and I think with the discount offered at my work that we can definitely afford it.....My problem is that it's really close to my work, but I'm out of the house 14-15 hours a day already, do I really want to add on to that? The branch my sister goes to is women's only and I don't tend to go without my hubbie....but I would go with my sister at least 1x a week. There isn't one close to home, but there is one on the way (after I pick up DH) home....again though 14-15 hours out of the house.....I figure if I go 2x a week minimum it'll cost me about the same as the aquafit.....maybe I don't do aquafit twice a week and do this 2x a week (drive back around 15 miles back into town) to go with DH once and then 1x with my sister....he could then go on his weekly days off during the workweek to the one near my work (since we only have one car).....At the very least, because it's throuhg work, the contract only lasts until Dec, so we're only committed for 6 months. I think I'll use it a lot first thing in the morning in the winter (when it's too cold to walk - although now I can run on the treadmill instead of walking the neighbourhood). I think it's a good decision anyways......I hope!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8
    Week 6 EW: 235.2 (- 0.3lbs)
    Week 7 EW: 234.8 (- 0.4lbs)
    Week 8 EW: 233.2 (- 1.6lbs)
    Week 9 EW: 236.3 (+3.1 lbs)
    Week 10 EW: 236.6 (+0.3 lbs)
    Week 11 EW: 235.9 (-0.7 lbs)
    Week 12 EW: 234.6 (-1.3 lbs)

Not as good as it could have been, but I'm showing that you can come back from mid-week self sabotage....I went absolutely crazy on the junk on Monday... I would have posted a gain, but I worked hard for the rest of the week and -1.3 is what I got. It's still a gain from Monday, but I'll take it since I'm down 2 lbs in 2 weeks overall......
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA. I've still been logging in, just not checking in here. Haven't been able to weigh in the last few weeks, but this week I did mange to lose 0.8 lbs from the last weigh in, which I figured with everything going on and stuff, I would have gained like 5lbs....Thank God I was wrong!

Well, I'm off to get ready for the day and to go to my friend's house to baby sit her little girl for a couple of hours.

Toodles!
  • peachElibrarian
    peachElibrarian Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with eating out. The past 2 times (Olive Garden and O'Charley's) I've ended up eating more calories at 1 meal then I'm supposed to for the entire day. And then I see all the progress I've made on the scale disappear in one night.
    I know what I should order but somehow I always get off track. I really need to work on my self control.
    I'm not sure if I'm asking for tips and trick to eating out or if I just needed to put what's bringing me down right now into print.
  • KeriA
    Options
    I have checked here this week except for yesterday I guess when 2 people posted. Congrats on the losses Barb and Pam. I have been good at exercise and staying under goal this week but still no loss. Today was the second Friday in a row I went to a Zumba class. I went to one at a Neighborhood center last Friday and found out she teaches at my club on Fridays earlier. I thought they had changed the class to low impact aerobics but apparently not so I went today. I should be able to go every week so I am excited about that. Hope the gym works well for you Pam. I start to school next week so I am trying to get organized.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    PeachE - I always go to the website before I go to the restaurant and really examine the menu. Plan my day around what I plan on eating there and I always come under on calories. Now I know when I go to a specific restaurant what their best dishes are and stick to those. I'm not sure what sounds good to you, but I looked at Olive Garden as an example and for around or under 500 calories you can have Herb Crusted Salmon (510), Venetian Apricot Chicken (380), Linguine alla Marinara (430), Grilled Chicken Spedini (420) or Seafood Brodetto (480). Or the other option is to start with a broth (like Minestrone @100) and then pick any main course that's around 800 calories and only eat half of it (that could include the above plus - Mixed Grill, Chicken Marsala, or any of the others). It's really possible to eat out once you know the secrets to cutting them back. Also you can ask for half sauces, dressings on the side and split the dessert with a spouse or friend!

Keri - we must both be checking and not saying anything....LOL I check it several times over the course of the day and am never sure if I'm just chattering to myself :)