Join me... 100 pounds to lose! -part 3

Options

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience with Curves. My MIL was down for the holidays and was happy to take me as her guest. I was pretty shocked when I saw the monthly charges. We have a 24 hour gym in town that is almost half the cost (it doesn't have the pool, but it's a pretty small place and there's always someone around to help you learn a machine. There's also no contract - it's month to month. Curves does work for my MIL though - she's late 50s, disabled (fibromyalgia) and has never done "exercise" in her life. I think she's exactly what Curves needs to cater too. She has a set routine within the centre - so even when she travels outside of her own town it's the same set up. They give you almost 1:1 attention, which she needs. Good for some, not for me. I'm more happy to do activities that get me moving (hiking, biking, swimming) than sitting on the machines.....although I might get to that point sometime.

Tonight is Aquafit for me!!! Yippee skippy - it's Tae Kwon Aqua......
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    TAe Kwon Aqua! love it!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Went out and bought a new suit - it's a tankini and skirt. The bottom is a 3x (I found the 2x fit, but sat right at one of my rolls and so was not flattering in the least) and the top is 2x. I know now these won't last through the summer, but I figure with 2 pieces, I should be able to switch them up as I need them instead of having to get a whole new suit.......

Tae Kwon Aqua - here I come!!!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Happy FRIDAY!!!!! Weigh in day

2011 SW: 241.8
    Week 1 EW: 236.1 ( - 5.7lbs)
    Week 2 EW: 236.6 ( +0.5lbs)
    Week 3 EW: 236.1 ( - 0.5lbs)

There will definitely be a better weigh in next week. I'm determined to see 2 lbs lost on the scale. I think part of my problem is mental again. As a teen, my heaviest (and longest held weight) was in the high 220s so I'm thinking my brain is thinking I'm almost at normal, when I'm actually far from it......changing the brain is harder than changing the body.

Tae Kwon Aqua was good last night - more jumping than in the normal class. I'm happy though. I'm not sore today and I didn't hurt last night....means I'm stronger. Today my team at work is going to an all you can eat Chinese buffet so I'm hoping to do well - planning on one salad plate, one main plate and one dessert plate of mostly fruit. Wish me luck
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day!!! I'm DEFINITELY walking on sunshine today!!!! I hit the 50-lb mark!!!! YAY ME! Now, my mom has to quit smoking, and my hubby is taking me out for a hockey game and date night this weekend!!!!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.4 lbs this week, and I"m getting closer to making my January goal!

Kami-WTG! I"m almost at my 50 lb mark, I'm sitting at 49.4 lbs......come on baby!!!

Good luck to everyone else on their weight-ins, sending weight loss dust your way :smile:
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day!!! I'm DEFINITELY walking on sunshine today!!!! I hit the 50-lb mark!!!! YAY ME! Now, my mom has to quit smoking, and my hubby is taking me out for a hockey game and date night this weekend!!!!

EXCELLENT JOB :bigsmile: absolutely amazing....and I love your attitude!! I am jazzed about the 50lb mark! Half way there, and it's looking good :smile:
  • fitterpam
    Options

Awesome - I love that you're using your losses to inspire others to improve their lives too.....Enjoy the game!!! I'm guessing it's the Penguins?
  • Kminor67
    Options
    No, not the Penguins...lol. I don't live in PA... I am in Rockford IL. I've just loved the Steelers since I was four years old. We'll be going to an Ice Hogs game... they are the farm team for the Chicago Blackhawks.

I'm actually feeling pretty lousy today. Tonight is supposed to be date night, but I don't even know if I want to go. I told myself that when I hit the 50 lb mark, I'd go out and buy myself some jeans. Well, I went, and NOTHING FIT!!! The size 20's I'm wearing now are practically falling off me, but I tried on FIVE different pairs of size 18's and NONE of them fit. I found one pair that fit me in the hips and belly, but they were too short ( I have extremely long legs and have to buy longs or talls, and this kind only came in average). I told the lady at the fitting rooms that I guess fat girls aren't allowed to have long legs.

I actually cried on the way home from the store, and I'm still in a funk. I am angry, and feeling worthless. I have a overwhelming urge to just bury myself in ice cream and then go to bed. Shopping used to be fun... now it just makes me feel like crap.:sad:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Awwww - I know how you feel......jeans are one of those things that should fit perfectly....the designers are all spacey - not really designing for bigger girls - just keep extrapoltaing out their measurements......Frustrating. I find that the stretch jeans are good for that - you get the length you need and the waist can get bigger, if you need it to. I bought a pair on non stretch jeans and found I could only wear them 2 weeks out of the month - and they were never comfortable. My stretch jeans are always perfect.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    :sad: I'm all by myself on here :sad:
  • Kminor67
    Options
    Don't cry Pam...I've been checking for posts... I feel alone too! LOL
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. I've been checking the thread, just not posting, wonder if everything is ok.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    That doesn't make any sense....we're all being lonely together???? LOL

Okay - let me start up a discussion.....

What has been the one change you've made that has really made a difference in your loss?
  • Kminor67
    Options
    Really, truly paying attention to what I'm eating, and knowing what my body needs. Last time I lost a significant amount of weight (30 lbs) it was because I was limiting myself to 900 calories a day. Obviously, this was unsustainable. I ate cereal for breakfast, celery and carrots for lunch, and ate the rest at dinner time. I wanted to lose more than 30, but I couldn't do it anymore, and then I put on 45 lbs. So you see where it got me.

On a lighter note (pun intended), I weighed in a day early, just because I can...lol... and I've lost another 2.2 lbs. There have been a couple of weigh ins where I weighed the same as the week before, but NOT ONCE since I started this journey 166 days ago have a gained. Not at all.

I'm feeling really really proud of myself, but it's a hollow victory when so much else in my life sucks.

I just went over our finances, and I discovered that just to pay our bills (not buy groceries, gas, clothes, prescriptions, or pay medical bills, etc.) we require a net income of $37000 per year. This is bad enough news... but compound that with the fact that my husband and I together grossed $36,000 last year, it's very bleak. I really need a job, on top of the one I have now.

Honestly, I really want to cry right now.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Aw Kami - Sorry to hear that things are so rough, a lot of people are going through it and it's just not a good thing :( But glad to hear that you haven't once gained in 160 days!!! That is great.

Swimming tonight for me!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I didn't come by here on Friday because it is usually weigh in day and I never lose on Friday. Then I had a busier week than usual. Kami I don't think we are doing much better financially. I have been unemployed for awhile. My husband has a good job but we are used to 2 incomes and we don't have that now. My daughter is just a year away from college and my son is back home while he is in law school. I don't think I usually let it get me down. I have taken this opportunity to get more exercise and now I got into a program to go to school to update my skills. However I don't see how it will help. There are not too many fields that are doing that well. I have really excellent credentials in my field but there are no jobs now. I really hope things start looking better for you and me. I really admire how you stay committed to getting healthy despite the tough times. Pam I haven't been able to go to Aquafit all week but am going tomorrow morning even though it isn't the best day. I just need to go anyway. I have only been able to a bit of stationary bike and a little walking. Glad the weekend is coming up.
  • chillrose
    chillrose Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I haven't been posting. Been a little depressed, but I'm OVER IT!! :bigsmile: Hope everyone had a GREAT WEEK! I finally lost 2 pounds, and I'm happy. The scale wasn't moving, and I was pouting!!:ohwell:
    But today:
    ♫ ♪ ☼ Walking on sunshine ☼ ♫ ♪ And DON”T IT FEEL GOOD!!! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪I feel alive, I feel alive I feel alive!! ♫ ♪ Walking on sunshine baby!! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ And DON”T IT FEEL GOOD!!! ♫ ♪ ♥♥♥
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • chillrose
    chillrose Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    ♫ ♪ ☼ Walking on sunshine ☼ ♫ ♪ And DON”T IT FEEL GOOD!!! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪I feel alive, I feel alive I feel alive!! ♫ ♪ Walking on sunshine baby!! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ And DON”T IT FEEL GOOD!!! ♫ ♪ ♥♥♥ :bigsmile:
  • Kminor67
    Options
    Congrats Carol! I'm glad things are moving again for you!

My Zumba set came yesterday, and I started the beginner's DVD. I am much more clumsy than I remember...lol. It's going to take a lot of practice to get the moves down, but I'll get there!