More People Watching At The Gym

Options

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I got a couple...

The other day there was a woman sitting on a recumbant bike, pedaling along while doing a crossword puzzle...Really? Are you sure you're working hard enough?

And there is a woman who always comes in leg warmers. Tights and leg warmers. I feel like I'm back in the 80s again....
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wednesday nights I always get people from a high school coming in. One girl and a ton of teen guys. She wears shorts were you can literally see a fourth of her butt. She does squats and everything that gives her an excuse to flash the boys she's with. Oh and the people in the next room that can see her through the window.
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    I work out at my university's recreation center (probably the most awesome gym I've ever been to, they harness electricity from the cardio equipment!), so the crowd is what you would expect: 18-25 yos for the most part, and then a few older people who are generally graduate students or professors. Anyway, I swim every morning, and every morning there is this kid who comes in wearing a speedo, but he rarely actually gets in the pool. He pretty much comes in, talks to the lifeguards for a while, MIGHT jump in the pool and swim a few laps, and then leaves. It's not like he comes back later to swim, the pool is only open for two hours in the morning, and I'm there pretty much the whole time.
  • dakotasky
    Options
    Yes! :laugh: I am the girl that dances on the treadmill.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I don't beleive in panty lines, regardless of where I am. I don't even own anything thats not a thong (except bathing suits, because that's just wrong).

We have a guy that skulks around in a hoodie with the hood up so you can't see his face and he hits about every cardio machine full blast like a psycho and then on to the next. He NEVER wipes down a machine. I want to kick him in the face.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Yes! :laugh: I am the girl that dances on the treadmill.

I dance on the elliptical.. I love it!
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    The guy who always drops weights hard on the ground. They are announcing to the whole gym look how much weight I can lift.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    The "friend" who brings chocolate or muffins or fat loaded starbucks coffee drinks to our workout and wants me to join in her indulgence so she won't look so bad on her own. :noway:

I wish she would stay home! :laugh:
  • 35again
    35again Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Im part of the no panty line group too, thongs are supposed to be in the buttcrack and I don't spend time tryin to dig out wedgies from a pair of ill fitting panties.

I want to qualify to all those reading and this makes you nervous about joining a gym.... much of these stories are observations only. There may be some judgement in them yes, but you will be judged anywhere you go in public, it's just a fact of life. I may look at someone and think they look goofy or over the top but those thoughts stay in my head. I'm absolutely positive people do the same watching me at the gym. Just put your earbuds in, turn the music up, and tune the world out and get on with your workout!
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The guy who always drops weights hard on the ground. They are announcing to the whole gym look how much weight I can lift.

Yikes, I do that. On the decline bench I kinda let them drop. I hate the sound of it cause it rings throughout the room, but I can't help but drop them.
  • Pandabug93
    Pandabug93 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hmm one time I was at the gym on the treadmill and wondered what would happen if I closed my eyes while running. Apparently, you flip over the bar of the treadmill and land flat on your butt. A lot of people, including me, got a good laugh out of it and now I know what happens :P
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it at all, but then I am a guy. :wink:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Those who want amazing bikinis that are no show and comfortable...check these out

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1295525026867&c=Page&cid=1295527713465&pagename=vsdWrapper&search=true

As for annoying people at the gym, I go to a very small gym/Crossfit box. The ones I can't stand are the little overachievers, that when they are behind me in the running portion (and were behind all along) do a quick sprint at the end to pass me by...just so they beat me by 1 second. Really annoying.

Also the cardio bunnies. Got news for you chickie, my body looks better than you doing only weights in the weight room than your 45 minutes on the elliptical. Just sayin'. :wink:
  • fat_badger
    fat_badger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of wearing my normal bikini underwear to the gym, panty lines and all, despite it being the year 2011. Please tell me I'm not alone! I hope that there are people out there who don't notice these things! :blushing:
  • elfie9863
    Options
    OK....there is a totally geek fit guy at my gym that waits until there are a fair amount of women around...(I know this because I have seen him hang about for quite a while trying to look busy).....and then the proceeds to stand on his hands in front of the wall mirror. Nope, not a big deal in itself...but his baggy old man shorts eventually start creeping toward his head and you can see his hairy HO HO's....EEEEEEEEEK!....

That's some scary stuff!!
  • zandhmom75
    zandhmom75 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    OK....there is a totally geek fit guy at my gym that waits until there are a fair amount of women around...(I know this because I have seen him hang about for quite a while trying to look busy).....and then the proceeds to stand on his hands in front of the wall mirror. Nope, not a big deal in itself...but his baggy old man shorts eventually start creeping toward his head and you can see his hairy HO HO's....EEEEEEEEEK!....

That's some scary stuff!!

:laugh: Oh, Goo! That is hilarious though!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    There was one girl yesterday who turned up in a low cut light coloured top and a bright red push up bra. I don't tend to notice people but I couldn't help but notice her. As someone who can only exercise in sports bras it did make me wonder how she would do anything remotely energetic.
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The people who walk on the treadmill but set it on such a ridiculously high incline that they have to hang on to the bars to stop toppling backwards crack me up. We live in Wales, there is a mountain 10 minutes drive from the gym really if you want to mountain climb go do it for real.....
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of wearing my normal bikini underwear to the gym, panty lines and all, despite it being the year 2011. Please tell me I'm not alone! I hope that there are people out there who don't notice these things! :blushing:

you are not alone, i can't stand thongs (nasty experience with some gold coloured stitching acting like a cheese wire when at the cinema whilst watching lord of the rings). i'm there to work out and get hot and sweaty not worry about what people think i look like
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    The people who walk on the treadmill but set it on such a ridiculously high incline that they have to hang on to the bars to stop toppling backwards crack me up. We live in Wales, there is a mountain 10 minutes drive from the gym really if you want to mountain climb go do it for real.....

I am sooooo with you on this!!!

And it massively inflates your projected burned calories because the treadmill HRM will assume you're supporting your own body weight rather than clinging to the bars for dear life leaning backwards. It really is so utterly pointless yet people do it all the time...