Beach Ready Challenge

Options

Replies

• ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    Ok.. I think I am thinking too far into this Challenge... so the point it to NOT eat our exercise calories this week right??? We want 3500 that we DONT eat back? Or can we eat the back and just make sure we burn them???

No, you aren't. I had the same question and sent her a message. All we need to do is try to burn 3500 cals this week. It's up to us if we eat the exercise cals back. I always eat my exercise calories:happy:
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    I think I will try and follow along with you guys here. But I don't have a HRM yet so I'm not sure exactly how many calories I am burning but I will just work really hard. I am also going out to but a digital scale in the next few days so I can read it better. I have only started my weight loss and toning journey a week ago so everything is new to me. Can someone explain to me about the calorie deficit if I am supposed to eat 1200 a day and I burn 500 calories working out that changes my calorie intake to 1700 right? So if I eat the 1700 did I really burn anything? Would I lose any weight? or do I still just eat the 1200 so I have a deficit? This question is in general not really pertaining to the challenge I am just trying to understand weight loss and how to do it. Thanks

I am 146 as of this morning I hope to lose at least 1 pound a week

chest 34"
    waist 37"
    legs 23 1/2"
    arms 11 1/2"
    hips 38 1/2"

my goal for June 25 is 129 that would be 1 pound a week for 17 weeks and that would bring us to the 25th of June. And would be so so so awesome.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm in let me know how can I join the Challenge. Thanks.
    High: 5'5"
    CW: 171
    Goal is to loose 1 pound each week
    By the end of challenge will be 154, good enough for Summer
    GW: 145
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I think I will try and follow along with you guys here. But I don't have a HRM yet so I'm not sure exactly how many calories I am burning but I will just work really hard. I am also going out to but a digital scale in the next few days so I can read it better. I have only started my weight loss and toning journey a week ago so everything is new to me. Can someone explain to me about the calorie deficit if I am supposed to eat 1200 a day and I burn 500 calories working out that changes my calorie intake to 1700 right? So if I eat the 1700 did I really burn anything? Would I lose any weight? or do I still just eat the 1200 so I have a deficit? This question is in general not really pertaining to the challenge I am just trying to understand weight loss and how to do it. Thanks

I am 146 as of this morning I hope to lose at least 1 pound a week

chest 34"
    waist 37"
    legs 23 1/2"
    arms 11 1/2"
    hips 38 1/2"

my goal for June 25 is 129 that would be 1 pound a week for 17 weeks and that would bring us to the 25th of June. And would be so so so awesome.

If you are set to lose 1 lb per week on MFP and it gives you 1200 calories and you burn another 500 through exrercise, if you eat up to 1700 calories that day, you should be on track to lose the 1 lb for the week.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Burning 3500 cals is a big challenge! I am a full time student and I work part time. I have a 3 year old daughter. I am doing my first Sprint Triathlon in June and losing some extra weight would sure make that easier! I am also going on a cruise in August and would love to not have to wear a cover up in all of my pictures! SW: 155 GW: 141
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    Alright: DAY ONE!

My name is Sara-Jane and I'm turning 24 or March 26th.

My height is 5'6.5" and I'm looking to lose 15 pounds in 17 weeks.

SW: 153
    GW: 138

I have been a member on here for a year but didnt actually get serious until october. Since that time I have gone from 170 ibs to 153 and am down from a size 14 to a size 10. ( a snug 10, but a 10 nonethe less!!)

this challenge will be great to bring me into summer and keep me going through the pounds that are supposedly going to be my most challenging. They say the closer you get to your goal the harder it will be. Wish me luck ladies!
  • kmmatijevich
    kmmatijevich Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO great Idea .. I am heading to NAPPA June 20th and want to drop around 20lbs ... 145 now ... I hold all my weight in the upper part of my body and it needs to go. So 3500 calories for the week right. what day does that end .. sunday? .... Is there anythign else to do to join .. or just by this message board. Super pumped ladies .. lets motivate eachother :) YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm IN! hope its not too late...

i am 5'2 and 161 lbs.

My goal is one lb a week, so 17lbs total... MY overall goal is to be at 145 so this will be perfect.

I have already lost 12 lbs since the beginning of the year :)

MY PLAN: to start exercising with my dieting, 12lbs was from stictly dieting.

I am a mother of a WODNERFUL 2 year old girl, Emma. With the weather getting better i plan on walking more and taking baby girl on some hikes :)
  • jbeans67
    Options
    Hi there,

Wasn't able to log in yesterday, so here are my stats as of this morning:

SW: 163
    GW: 135 (for June 25)

That puts me at about 1.5lbs per week for the challenge. Looking forward to this!

JB
  • CrazyC8
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Caitlin. I'm 25 and have been a little over weight my whole life. At the begining of the year my Dad and my brother decided to get serious about getting healthy and getting in shape. Weight has been creeping up on all of us for a while, so we are trying to kick it in the butt before it gets out of control.

I'm 5'3"
    SW: 184.2
    CW: 175.3
    Goal weight for the end of the year: 140
    Goal weight for the end of June: 155
  • silverlil
    silverlil Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join the challenge
    I am 5'6 1/2
    CW: 180
    GW:135
    I agree with burning 3500 calories ths week
  • NiftyNancy
    NiftyNancy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    2/28 Weigh in today: 123 pounds.
    Goal weight : 118 pounds
    Goal weight to lose per week: 1 pound
    Should reach my goal by April 7. But will need to maintain through the summer.
    My history shows that once I get to my goal I throw everything out the window and I don't want to do that this time. I want to look great by summer time.
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Height: 5'5

Current Weight: 158.2
    Week one goal: 157.5
    Main goal to hit by June: 149.9
    Inch Goal: 1 from waist 1.5 from Hips

Hi All! I forgot to do this yesterday. I have been on MFP since late August. I had a 2 month plateau - and not for the lack of strenuous effort- sometimes it just happens. and finally broke through at the end of January. and then I got a little lazy- not too much- but just a little. Trying to snap myself back into it! Hoping to be in the 140s by my cruise in June. Goal is approx .5 lb per week. Although if I didn't lose a pound but lost inches I would be ECSTATIC! Good luck to everyone!:drinker:
  • MystikTigerLady
    Options
    Where are you stationed in Germany. We spent 6 years there in the K-Town area. Both of my kids were born at Landsthul and I miss it every day.
  • angelinah
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'd love to join in!

Current Weight: 155
    Hopeful weight after one week: 153.5
    GOAL BY JUNE 25th!: 130

It's gonna be pretty tough to lose 25 by the end of june but if I can even get to 145, I'll be super pleased. I'm headed to Europe in August, so if I can be down to 130 by then, it'll be a dream come true!!!

I'll needs tons and tons of motivation, so PLEASE ADD ME! :)
  • jennymaree05
    Options
    I saw this challenge at work today - sounds great!

Current Weight: 172.5
    One week goal: 171
    June goal: 155

I am off to a great start! With this goal in mind I burned 569 calories which is up from my normal range of 440. These numbers are according to the elliptical machine so I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I know for sure I worked harder tonight than I ever have!

Feel free to add me - I'm new around here!
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 134
    Goal to maintain and tone down.
    Would love to get down to 130 but have never done it. I'm 5'5 1/2"

I love having small goals.

Today I burned 544 calories doing a Step class at the gym. Only 2956 calories o to go this week! Going skiing this weekend so I should be able to kick butt on those calories .
  • ab4653
    ab4653 Posts: 3
    Options
    Count me in!
  • ab4653
    ab4653 Posts: 3
    Options
    Count me in!

Height: 5"7.5

CW: 145
    GW: 135
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    alright! i began lastnight!
    burned 549 calories.
    that leves me with a goal to burn of 2,951 the rest of the week. which means i need to burn 491 the next 6 days. or 590 the next 5 days. ladies! we can DO THIS!!

quick question though.
    are we counting our calorie deficit at all? or only exercise calories?