MEN: Lose 10 in Feb. Challenge!

Options

Replies

• freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Had a slow weight loss week, but I made it YEE HAW.

SW 255
    week 1 251
    week 2 249
    week 3 243
    CW 245

Lost one pound on the finl week, wasn't sure if I was going to make it, I weighed friday and was up a pound. Congradulations to all that made it, and to those that lost but fell short. Remember it's a long road and there are gong to be speed bumps along the way.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    welp i thought i had this ....... if weigh in was yesterday id have been really close but today i dunno whats with the scale today :( I put an hour in on the treadmill yesterday and thought id have this in the bag but as of this morning im falling just short of goal.

Start Feb 1: 270.7
    Today: 261.5

9.2 loss ........... so close heh
  • MichaelPommier
    Options
    Well, I didn't quite make it, but I did get myself back on track. I started on Feb. 7 at 313, and I am now at 307.2

Start Feb. 7 - 313
    Feb. 14 - 308.8
    Feb. 21 - 308.8
    Feb. 28 - 307.2
    Total loss of - 5.8

It was a rough month, but I am pleased that I managed to lose some weight. I think I am finally getting into a nice workout routine rather than just doing it whenever I can. I'm not there yet, but I think I am on the way and this loss of nearly 6 pounds puts me at 13 total. I'm happy with 13 pounds in two months.
  • pancho45
    pancho45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    SW 1/7: 411
    CW: 400.8

Total weight loss of 10.2 lbs! I think my weight was off when I weighed in last Monday due to the fact that I went WAY over in my sodium that weekend, but either way, the scale shows a loss of 9.4 lbs this week and I met my goal of 10 lbs for Feb so I'm good. I'm definitely down for a March challenge, started two a days today so I'm kickin it up a notch, congrats to everyone on a great week.
  • thisblueknows
    Options
    104kg approx 229.5lbs

-4.5lbs :)

103.5kg approx 228lbs today

-6lbs overall

Weight today is 227.5 lbs, 6.5lbs lost this month- not sure I am going to reach the 10lbs goal though, bad weekend this week!

Can't believe I made it, had one of my best weeks weight loss-wise, 223lb today. The extra exercise paid off!

11lbs total for Feb :)
  • outersoul
    Options
    Starting weight 2/1 - 260
    Monday check in 2/7 - 258
    Monday check in 2/14 - 256
    Monday check in 2/21 - 254
    Monday check in 2/28 - 251 (down 3lbs)

Total for the month: 9lbs lost

Although I didn't hit the 10lb mark I was stoked to lose 3lbs in a week. That's a first for me. I normally lose 2lbs a week. Good job to everyone, whether you hit 10lbs or not!
  • vzepol
    vzepol Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am pretty psyched, this month the challenge made me look at the scale more often than I normally do.

SW 2-10 275 lbs
    Feb 1. 236 lbs
    Feb 7. 236 lbs
    Feb 14 232 lbs -4
    Feb 20 228 lbs -4

Total -8

I have been at or about 1lb a week one month closer to being at a more healthy weight.

Thinking about a March challenge. Since many of us use different methods of exercise during the week, why not think about using percentages to measure success. i.e. a 10% increase in distance/time per week is considered the max someone should strive for to remain injury free, I swim, I average 3 miles a week or 12 miles for the month doing laps, success for me would be 15.5 miles for March.

Victor
  • ziggythecat
    ziggythecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    SW - 256
    CW - 249.6

So I didn't make 10lbs but that's fine. It's a marathon not a sprint.
  • SirJFK
    SirJFK Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Men I am soo disappointed in myself... I worked hard this week to try and lose more. ate less and exercised 6 days..twice on a couple days and still only lost 1 lb. I was under my calories every day too (counting the exercise ones) Anyways down a lb is still down.

Last week: 238
    this week:: 237
  • bcampbe2
    Options
    Starting Weight: 225.8
    Last Week's Weight: 219.0
    Current Weight: 218.0

So only a pound lost. I dunno what happened. I ran more than I ever have this week and didn't really go over my calorie goal. One day MFP told me I should eat more due to slowing of metabolism. Maybe that could have gotten to me. I'm finding it hard to eat at the right times to keep up my metabolism, during the week. Class is seeing to that.
  • bigmang
    Options
    Another 'failure' although I don't think failure is the word, 3lb off this week, 8lb in Feb... We're all losers.....

Thanks for all the support
  • kevinbc
    kevinbc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    lost 1 lb
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    you have to stay focused and determined and remind yourself of how you got here and where you want to be. and turn all the negative bull**** going on in my life into the fuel for the fire on these positive changes. Im trying to prove that I can do what you didn't expect me to do. "if you even dream about beating me, you better wake up and aplogize" -Mohammed Ali

with that said:

week 1........208
    week 2...... 203.5 -4.5
    week 3........201.8 -1.7
    week 4........197 -4.8

11 lbs lost total!! Finally out of the 200's
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Lost 1 this week, 242, down 7 total
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Feb 01: 249
    CW: 236
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    ENDIND 279.8 GETTING HARDER TO LOSE DUE TO WEIGHT TRAINING
  • fatboypup
    Options
    can someone link me to the march challenge you're all doing?
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Did we ever decide this month's challenge?
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    Ended up at 259.5 (both yesterday and today). However due to my schedule, my workouts stopped and I ate out a lot (amazing how wings and a beer will slow you down). I am trying to get back into a routine again, however I hit the road Thursday for 5 days again. I am going to attempt to do better while travelling. If I can keep under 260 during this time I will be happy..... once next week starts time to give it a serious go again.
  • fatboypup
    Options
    Did we ever decide this month's challenge?
    i found another group for 10lbs in march since i hadnt heard from here ...... ill snag the thread link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/160894-march-1st-10-pound-challenge-weight-in