MARCH 2011 - 30 Day Shred who's in?

Options

Replies

• leasalin
    leasalin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Actually started today..... felt good to exercise again.... but was so HARD!!!!
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    I will be sweating along with everyone starting tomorrow!
    Anyone on here do it before and have any tips or share results?
    Good luck!!!:smile:
  • ronnieabc
    ronnieabc Posts: 23
    Options
    Ok I have to tell you after reading everyones posts I had to try it on Sunday before I do it in front of my friends group I work out with at work as I am the that talked them into working out 5 days a week and also taking this challenge with me. I almost died on sunday and we started today and some of it was easier but the push ups were impossible after doing the weights and arms yesterday. I am so in and am going to get this done! Good luck tomorrow everyone. Remember do what you can and keep moving if there are parts you can''t do but just like Jillian says in the video PUSH yourself farther and do more than you think you can as you will surprise yourself.

Can't wait to log on tomorrow night and see how everyone does. Go get it!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I started today with 3lbs weights. I'm going to mixed the weights up between 3 & 5lbs because in some parts the 3lbs were too lite. Stats are in my signature.

I did good with everything except the 2nd set of pushups. I'm doing the modified ones and I was struggling after the 3rd one in the 2nd set. All the other exercises I did without modification.
  • carollane
    carollane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i am in! got the dvd this weekend! I am going to try it!!
  • monica2383
    monica2383 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Got my first workout in of the shred!! Wasn't as bad as I thought but still tough... my arms and legs are shaking!!! I used to work out 5 days a week and I don't know that I did that good of a workout at the gym! :-) I'm getting myself back in the routine-- Although, like someone said on this post, might be hard to do push-ups day 2 or 3 if your sore... I also have a BL video that Bob does, so I might alternate between the two for the 30 days!! Going to take measurements tonight and then wait and take them again in 30 days and see what happens!!! GOOD LUCK everyone!!!!!!
  • ThisAboveAll
    ThisAboveAll Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    L1D1 done!!! Feels great!
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    First workout of 30ds done! Wasn't as bad as I'd feared. Felt good. Although ask me again tomorrow how I'm feeling!
    I want abs like Anita!!!
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    L1D1....tough but fun! Never worked so hard in 20 minutes. Can't wait to see what 30 days brings! Is this designed to be done daily? I thought weights were every other day and cardio daily? Anyone know?
  • kmma75
    kmma75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hurray L1D1 done!! Wasn't too bad. All I have is 5lb weights so got a little intense at times. I too struggle with push ups, so I stuck with the modified, and will work my way up.
  • CharlieJuliette
    Options
    L1D2 done! Felt a lot harder, but good. I really struggle with press ups too. Hopefully they'll get easier as I get stronger. That last ab move is new to me - the slow bicycle crunch? I can't quite get the hang of that.
  • o0sunny0o
    o0sunny0o Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm in for starting this later today too. I have been considering doing it for the month of march straight and this is the extra push I needed! I've had the DVD for awhile and done it without weights. I have 3lb weights now - does anybody know if that's good enough or should I invest in some 5 lb ones?

Yay. :) I'll also be taking before & after measurements.
  • KJUBBO9
    KJUBBO9 Posts: 5
    Options
    Day one was good, a little sore this morning from following the women the right aha, roll on day two today :) xx
  • zcosborne86
    Options
    I'm in! I've been getting up an hour early to squeeze this in so fingers crossed.

Currently on D3L1. Have taken the before pics and measurements so hopefully I will be in for a suprise at the end of the month!

I am also getting the Boost Metabilism Banish Fat today which I'm planning on doing 3 - 4 times a week in the evenings so im quite interested to see what the end results will be.

Good luck eveyone!!!

Starting weight 122lb
    Waist 35in
    Hips 37in
    Thighs 21 in
  • genst
    genst Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    D7L1 done. I asked the same question on another post and the reply was to do it everyday but I think a lot of people do less or alternative days with other exercises.
    I plan on doing it everyday but it will be the only exercise im doing until I finish.
  • ThisAboveAll
    ThisAboveAll Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    D7L1 done. I asked the same question on another post and the reply was to do it everyday but I think a lot of people do less or alternative days with other exercises.
    I plan on doing it everyday but it will be the only exercise im doing until I finish.

I'm on Day 2 today so I don't know how I'll feel as time passes, but my plan is to do only this DVD for 30 days straight. If the mood strikes perhaps I'll add in some treadmill to get some more cardio in, but I'm not veyr confident that will happen lol :wink:
  • CharlieJuliette
    Options
    My plan is to do this everyday with no rest days. And like ThisAboveAll I'm not anticipating doing any other exercise. 20 minutes a day doesn't really seem enough, but then I've never worked out for 30 days straight so I don't want to over do it.
  • sheenabe
    sheenabe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi all. So I just completed D1L1 and I have to say WOW. i started this not to sure what to expect from a 20 min workout but this was great. I am a fairly recent graduated of P90X and was thinking that this just wouldn't be enough for me, but i was wrong. i recently started a new position at work and i am now working 12 hour shifts and just did not have the time to commit to doing another round of P90X. I was afraid I was going to fall off the workout wagon, but this is so completely doable time wise. I will definitely commit to 30 days and see what happens. I have tons of motivation though as I am going to Cancun on April 6th!!!! Need to feel great for that!! Good luck everyone!
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    Completed day 2 of level one. I find it tough, but I am way out of shape. It is short and sweet though! Really feel it in my quads. How is everyone else doing? Keep up the good work!
  • CharlieJuliette
    Options
    Advice please! I'm due to do day 3 (level 1) this evening. Whatever muscle it is you work when doing press-ups are killing me. I can barely lift my arms. So I'm thinking I'll do some extra sit-ups or something in place of the press-ups. I should be OK to do the other arm exercises. Is this sensible? My calves are also aching but I figure that sort of thing you should just work through. What do you think? I don't want to be wimping out at this early stage!