30 day shred for march anyone??

Options

Replies

• ciaobella47
    ciaobella47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    How do we log that under our exercises? I finished Lesson 2, I always find the chic who does the less impact. This is my 3rd day doing it. My left knee kills me though when I am doing it.

Most people are adding it under Circuit Training in the Cardio section.

Have you tried a knee strap? I just started using one and I can get to the end with zero pain! So happy! :)
  • thomma12
    thomma12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Got the DVD today and just did the level 1 routine. I'm scared for levels 2 and 3!! :) Anyone feel free to friend me - I can use any support and motivation I can get!
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    How do we log that under our exercises? I finished Lesson 2, I always find the chic who does the less impact. This is my 3rd day doing it. My left knee kills me though when I am doing it.

Most people are adding it under Circuit Training in the Cardio section.

Have you tried a knee strap? I just started using one and I can get to the end with zero pain! So happy! :)

What is a knee strap is that like a knee brace?
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I JUST got done doing Day 1, Level 1. I'm not going to add weights until about a week in, which I'm glad I didn't use them tonight because I was definitely feeling major burn without them! I'm excited though - it was tough, I definitely feel the burn, but it's not impossible. Looking forward to the rest of the month and seeing my progress!
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm doing day 3 tonight! I love this exercise! Anyone else having trouble with the side lunges and weights? I can never bring them up to my eyes without it hurting very badly lol
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So, I did day one and it went better than I expected... I have been trying level 1 off and on since January when I joined.
    I have a few definite issues and this may sound nuts but here it goes - at this time I cannot do the slight jumps for the jump rope and I apparently still do not have any coordination to do the butt kicks. Ok so a little laughter insert here cause I feel like I am glued to floor for the jump rope and I will fall on my face for the butt kicks???? What the heck is up with this? I thought by now I would be able to do them....no problem doing jumping jacks...so in place of them I just jogged. Now is there anyone else out there that is experiencing this and will admit it????? While working out this morning I could not stop laughing at myself.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!!! L1D1 accomplished! Yay! I did do modified jumping jacks, and a kind of jog in place rather than a straight jump for the jump rope. Modified push ups, and although I have a set of 5lb weights, I traded them off with my husband who did the workout with me. So half with weights, half without. I feel just enough of a burn now that I know it was a good combination. I skipped one set of crunches because I could not get onto the floor quickly enough, so I had to do a bit of "catch up" but I stayed in motion the entire time.
    On to tomorrow and L1D2!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I did my third day in a row of Level 1, even though I am so sore I can hardly move (and I have to climb stairs at work - OUCH!). The crazy thing is that, while you're doing it, it seems challenging but it doesn't feel like you are doing so much that your whole body will be sore the next day. But then it is! My butt and the tops of my thighs are the worst - soooo sore. The act of sitting or standing is hard, but once I'm either up or down, it's fine. Also, even though I'm really sore throughout the day, my muscles don't bother me while I'm doing the Shred.
    The first circuit is the hardest for me as it is constant jumping (jumping jacks, jump rope, jumping jacks, jump rope) and push-ups, which are REALLY hard for me, but I feel like, after I survive those two areas, I am good to go with the rest of the workout.
  • sudha336
    sudha336 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Survived L1D1! I have done it before but never for 30 days non stop. This time I intend to do it for 30 days and see what happens. L1D2 today.
    Good luck to everyone.
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    L1 D1 down.....29 days to go. I'm not sure how long I will be on L1, but I will probably move slow because I vaguely remember how hard L2 was (ugh, the plank just kills me!) the few times I've done it.
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    L1D1 completed this evening. What a fun but tough workout.
    My legs feel like mush! That means it's working, right? :wink:
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I survived Level 1, Day 1! Holy cow! I had to do some adaptations... I can't do jumping jacks. I know she said she has 400lb people doing them but not me! My knees (arthritis) is pretty bad right now, but I did the arm movements and jogged in place. I think it is going to be killer. I imagine I will be on Level 1 for a while. And I am okay with that, I am off the couch and shakin' my money maker!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
    Day 2 tomorrow!
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    So, I did day one and it went better than I expected... I have been trying level 1 off and on since January when I joined.
    I have a few definite issues and this may sound nuts but here it goes - at this time I cannot do the slight jumps for the jump rope and I apparently still do not have any coordination to do the butt kicks. Ok so a little laughter insert here cause I feel like I am glued to floor for the jump rope and I will fall on my face for the butt kicks???? What the heck is up with this? I thought by now I would be able to do them....no problem doing jumping jacks...so in place of them I just jogged. Now is there anyone else out there that is experiencing this and will admit it????? While working out this morning I could not stop laughing at myself.

Yup! the jogging and butt kicks get me too!!!!
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I survived Level 1, Day 1! Holy cow! I had to do some adaptations... I can't do jumping jacks. I know she said she has 400lb people doing them but not me! My knees (arthritis) is pretty bad right now, but I did the arm movements and jogged in place. I think it is going to be killer. I imagine I will be on Level 1 for a while. And I am okay with that, I am off the couch and shakin' my money maker!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
    Day 2 tomorrow!

My knees kill me to so there are some exercies I have to modify.
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    You can try holding on to a chair while you do the butt kicks... awkward I admit but it give you balance
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You can try holding on to a chair while you do the butt kicks... awkward I admit but it give you balance

That's not a bad idea. I will try that next time.

I completed L1D2 this morning, and I had more energy for it than yesterday. More energy usually means that I do the exercise more correctly and with more endurance, but that also makes the workout feel tougher. I really felt my muscles being worked!

My three year old was my exercise buddy, and exercising with her makes the work out feel more fun!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Day 2 tomorrow!

My knees kill me to so there are some exercies I have to modify.

I hear you! Some of these exercises may be fine on the knee if you don't have knee injuries. I have bad knees, and I don't want them to worsen by the time I finish the 30 days. Once your knee gets worse, it's almost irreversible, and you live with the ache for the rest of your life. Modifying the exercises is not a bad idea.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm doing blogs every day on this one- So i can look back on my progress as i read. Add me if you haven't already. I think it would be more motivating with shred blogs..hint. :happy:
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :flowerforyou:

Is it too late to join in???
  • ashleyhirt
    Options
    I would love to start this. Is it to late to join?