oatmeal...other ways to eat it without butter and sugar

Options

Replies

• Kremlin16
    Options
    My favorite way to eat oatmeal is to add a 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin puree for an added boost of vitamin A and sprinkle it with pumpkin pie spice. sometimes I add some sugar free syrup too. Its great! It's like eating pumpkin pie for breakfast but without the calories!
  • tpalazzotto
    Options
    Use banana and mash them with some vanilla, when cooking the oatmeal use fat free milk instead of water. When you add the oats to your milk cook them for a few mins and then stir in the bananas. then sprinkle with walnuts. You will not need to add any sugar to this because of the bananas.
    I got this from the biggest loser book and loved it! Hope you enjoy!
  • Fweetie
    Fweetie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love it with splenda, cinnamon and a few Craisins.
  • bespatter
    bespatter Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I usually eat old-fashioned rolled oats made with unsweetened almond milk and then topped with:

2-4 drops stevia extract, cinnamon, 1/2 Tb. natural peanut butter, and 1/2 a scoop of vanilla protein powder

OR

2-4 drops stevia extract, 1/2 Tb. natural peanut butter, and 1/2 Tb. coconut butter

OR

sliced fresh strawberries, 1/2 a sliced banana, a couple chopped almonds, and a few shakes of golden flaxseed.

I love oatmeal. :)
  • tinkbell50
    tinkbell50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sugar free jam/jelly, sugar free syrup, low fat yogurt, fruit, vanilla......all good choices. :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I add either cinnamon or yogurt or, if I am feeling CAHRAYZEH, both.
  • amyrmca
    amyrmca Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the good ideas. I didn't realize there were so many options for oatmeal.
  • CougNurse2011
    Options
    LOTS of cinamin and a packet of sweet & low... sooo good!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I make two kinds

1# apples, raisins, cinnamon, sweet n low, maple flavoring

2# bananas, small spoon of brown sugar, sweet n low, dry roasted peanuts, maple flavoring

just add it to your cooked oatmeal, I make a big amount and keep it in small containers and just heat it up in the mornings
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    use splenda granualated no calories
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I did it with a tbsp of peanut butter and a scoop of chocolate whey the other day. It was sort of ok, sort of weird. I still haven't decided if i really liked it. Usually i have it with a tbsp of peanut butter + a tsp of sugar, and take the whey drink on the side, but the (artificial) sweetener in the whey powder mixed in with the oats made it sweet enough.

I love chocolate whey in mine!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Today I had it with half a packet of lowfat Carnation Chocolate. Yum!!! I've been seeing that on a MFP's food diary and always intended to try it. Delicious!

I've also had it with craisins, banana and chocolate chips.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    wow....lotts of great ideas to try :smile:

plain jane here.....I have just been eating mine with little brown sugar
    but I will def have to give a try to some of these others.......sounds yummy!!!
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I eat regular (not quick) oats cooked with mashed banana, milk, and chia seeds. Then I top with:

pb+honey+raisins

or

blueberries+almonds+coconut

or

almonds+coconut+honey

or

cinnamon+apples+maple syrup

And on and on and on!
  • scopelk
    scopelk Posts: 43
    Options
    yum
  • chaps101
    chaps101 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love the oatmeal that has raisins, apples, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, basically, any type of fruit makes it delicious, as well as walnuts and almonds
  • lexis0911
    lexis0911 Posts: 50
    Options
    <
    loves oatmeal!!

I like it with brown sugar and cinnamon and also with some canned pumpkin....mmmm mmmm good!!

peanut butter is also a fave!!

now i want some!! lol...
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    1/2 cups oats, weight watchers drinking chocolate, tspn instant coffee. NUKE. Then add whey protein and 1 tbsn natural peanut butter = THE BOMB!

Or

1/2 cup oats, 1 cup skim milk, 1 scoop whey protein. Leave in fridge for 10mins. Tastes like a dessert :)
  • cegeland
    cegeland Posts: 25
    Options
    Found this link from another site: A Tribute To Oatmeal - http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal
  • Steph70508
    Steph70508 Posts: 110
    Options
    I like the steel cut oatmeal cooked slow on the stove with chopped up fresh apple, cinnamon and agave nectar...mmm think I'll have some for breakfast in the AM! Sometimes I add some liquid egg whites for extra protein to really fill me up. Sounds kinda gross, but it takes on the other flavors...walnuts are great too, but they add alot of fat (good fats, but still fats)