Starting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (in 6 weeks)

Options

Replies

• HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    L1D1- Done

CW: 134
    GW: 125

Measurents:
    L Upper arm - 9.5
    R Upper arm- 9.5
    L forearm- 7
    R forearm- 7.5
    Chest- 32.5
    Upper waist- 27
    Lower waist- 32
    L thigh- 19.5
    R thigh- 20.5
    L calve- 12.5
    R calve- 13
    Hips- 33.5

Will post before pics later.
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Starting tonight, can't wait!
    CW 180
    GW 150
    Waist: 34.5
    neck: 13
    hips: 41

Haven't measured my arms and legs in awhile so I don't have those. Will take measurements tonight though!
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Has anyone else gotten their 30DS done? Come on ladies!
  • gjspiller
    gjspiller Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I JUST finished it right now!
    L1 D1: DONE!!!

The first circuit I was hating life.
    The second circuit I was feeling the burn.
    The third circuit....I was flying home!!

29 more days to go!!

Ok, so to keep me going, I would take one phrase that Jillian said, and have that as a mantra in my mind for the whole workout. Today it was: "Don't Phone It In!" and "You don't get THIS for FREE!"

Share everyone!! Let's GO!!
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    LOL...I did!! Wahoo! Love it. :bigsmile:

What is everyones favorite portion..the cardio, abs, or strength?? I have to say abs for myself, since that is the area I need the most help with : )
  • gjspiller
    Options
    good idea @HealthierMama for making a separate ticker for the Shred. good motivator!

@TakeOne: I actually like the Abs portion, to be honest....it gives my knees a rest...and I get to lie down and catch my breath a little! LOL
  • ThresaGlass
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to log Jillian in as part of my excersize? I just can't seem to figure out how. Thanks in advance good luck gjspiller! I do Jillian every few days, not everyday ( I found I gain weight when I do Jillian everyday) but I do love the 30 day shred!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I log as circuit training.

I hate the jumping jacks :angry:

Love the ab's, makes them feel strong!
  • gjspiller
    Options
    @ThresaGlass: yeah, i plan on doing it 5 days out of the week just because my body needs variety. i am still adding at least 30-40 minutes of additional cardio to it, though.

@sweebum: i hate the jumping jacks, too!!!!!! but i tell myself it's only 30 seconds...ugh...i'm sure it'll get easier.
  • TakeOne
    Options
    Where is everyone?? Just finished Day 3..so tired :yawn: I really had to fight to find some energy to do it today. How is everyone else coming along?
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just saw this post today - I actually woke up this morning and "Shredded" at level 2 (I did Level 1 over the weekend). I will probably bounce around on the levels so I don't get bored. I also do Zumba on Monday and Thursday evenings to "supplement".

YAY!!! I participated in a 30 day Shred challenge last year on MFP and LOVED it. I will post my measurements, weight, etc. tomorrow!!!

Happy Shredding!!!
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    I'm doing the 30DS every other day. Wii Gold's Gym Cardio Workout when I'm not doing 30DS.

Keep it up everyone!
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    I Bought the last one off the shelf at our wal-mart on the 28th, I snached that thing off the shelf so fast! Did my frist day shred on the 1st and also did one today. Oh I also go to the gym 4 days out the week and do 30mins on either the treadmill, elliptical,or stair stepper. and do 30-40mins of weight training, so not sure if that matters or not, but was just looking to track my progress.
    3/1/11 30DS: 195lbs
    Arms:14
    Chest:40 1/2
    Waist:38 1/2
    Hips:45 1/2
    Thighs:26
  • gjspiller
    Options
    L1, D2

I just finished the Shred right now. On Tue and Wed I walk 5k with my work buds, so I got hm, ate dinner, and then just worked out again.

The 2nd day went quicker. Although I couldn't complete those dang bicycle abs! Hate those! I can't til I finish a set without dying.

I'm doing additional supplement cardio, too. I'm gonna change off with walking outside (5k), treadmill walk/jog, Zumba and Just Dance2. I have the Wii Biggest Loser Challenge, but as u can see, with the Shred, won't have time for that until I get in the groove with the Shred.

My goal is to do @ least 60 min/day, 6 days a week.

In the words of Jillian, PUSH!!!

Guen
  • gjspiller
    Options
    @TakeOne: Good job pushing through! I know what you mean! I had a long day at work (very stressful and negative), had a long 3.2 mile walk with my colleagues, long commute home...came home STARVING...LOL...and then, worked out to the Shred. At least it's only 20 min. long! Way to go!

@momandwife: Welcome! I get bored easily too, and I LOVE Zumba. It's nice to know that you had success with the 30 Day Shred!

@HealthierMama: I didn't know Gold's Gym had a Wii game!

@AlmondBliss: Welcome! Thanks for joining. Let's lose some weight together!

@ Everyone else: Please post and don't give up. Push yourself!

Guen
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D6. Shin splints are pretty bad, so I hopped on the elliptical and went 6.5 mph for 2 mins :happy:

How's everyone else doing?
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm doing L1D3 tonight. Man my legs are sore though! Yesterday was hard to get through but I felt so good after. I have the zumba for Wii that I love. I do that too!
  • ash2807
    ash2807 Posts: 2
    Options
    If its not too late i would love to join in on your 30 day shred!!
  • TakeOne
    Options
    ash2807 ~ The more the merrier!! Everyone is going at their own pace, so you'll be fine :flowerforyou:

I just finished Day 4. I love that its only 20 mintues!! Makes it much easier to get started after work and class. I'm taking a day off tomorrow :bigsmile: Going to start my birthday celebration early! I'll check in to see how everyone else is doing tho.
  • mehstewart
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I just saw this thread and did my first day of the 30DS and it totally kicked my butt!! I noticed that people are all at different stages so I hope its alright if i jump in a bit late :flowerforyou: I am currently training for a triathlon this summer but due to the current weather i'm stuck inside for at least another month and i'm getting some serious shin splints from the treadmill. So i thought i would switch it up with this DVD. I have heard wonderful things about it and i am hoping this group will help me stick with it :wink:

Feel free to friend me

Here are my measurements
    SW: 168.5 lbs
    Neck: 13.5 in
    Right Arm: 13 in
    Left Arm: 13 in
    Waist: 33.5 in
    Hips: 45 in
    Right Thigh: 24 in
    Left Thigh: 24 in