SAHM 2/28-3/6

Options

Replies

• swtchrypie
    Options
    Christi~ I am sorry! I know how that feels! One breath at a time. You can do it.

DJJW~ UM are we married to the same man! I swear that is my hubby! He gets so mad if I ask him to get my son if I am feeding my daughter in the middle of the night. its like pulling teeth! Oh and playdough, my son can play it all day long! He was calling it "tomato" for the longest time. too funny.

Well my friend come over today and we did zumba together. Then I was able to get on the treadmill for a bit. So all and all it was a good day! I hope everyone else had a great day!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    So, tonight, I decided to check out the tools bar and click on the BMI calculator. I used my current readings and I'm sooooo close to being out of the obese category. For me, obese is 30.0 and over, and the "over" category is 25.0-30.0 and my current BMI is 30.7!! Ugh!!! We'll see what happens this week on weigh-in!

Time for bed for me and the little guy. Have a good night ladies!
  • hmanderson
    hmanderson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group! I am a SAHM of two, aged 9 and 7. Still trying to lose that baby weight, seven years later! LOL I need lots of support, as eating well and exercising has not really been a part of my existence these past 41 years. That makes this endeavor even harder! I've lost 2 lbs since joining MFP and I find myself making better, more concientious choices. I was even surprised when I made an unplanned trip to the gym, because I wanted to! However, my period is coming next week, and we all know what that means...cravings! I'm afraid all my work will be shot. So, I would love a great support network to lean on!:happy:
  • jesstroxel
    jesstroxel Posts: 120
    Options
    I would love to join! I am a SAHM of 5, Liz, 8, Kenyan, 5, Zachary, 4, Landen,2, and Ryan 5 months. As a result of such close pregnancies I never lost the baby weight before getting prego again.
    I joined the Y today, so starting tomorrow, Im hoping to spend quiet a bit of my free time at the gym.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome Jess and Heather!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    welcome jess and heather! this group is GREAT and feel free to jump in/out anytime. :)

christi--i'm impressed....so much to do and you still manage to get in exercise and BREATHE

to the mama's with little sons--why did no one tell me that i have to clean the bathrooms like daily now or else it will smell like urine?!
    really, that was NOT on my daily to-do list until now. blech. :laugh:

so i'm over a bit in my cals--but not for eating sweets. so i'm pleased. too much sodium tho. wow--cereal and processed bread have loads of it!

swtchrypie--congrats on being so close to hittin your next goal
    and barb--woohoo on lowering that bmi!

off to read and then lights out. :smile:
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Swtchrypie ~ Wohoo!! So close the the 140s :) We will do it!

Christi ~ So sorry about the news on your husband :( Enjoy your last few days with him!

Barb ~ You will get to your goal BMI, just keep truckin!

Welcome Heather and Jess!!

Stacey ~ hmm, I don't have that problem yet, both my boys still pee sitting down LOL I wonder if I can keep it that way? I have a hard time controlling sodium intake as well :(

Ugh, there's a lost and dirty dog scraping my screen door...she won't go away and doesn't have a collar. The boys are teasing it by playing with her from the inside....go away!! You're putting holes in my screen door. ..

Anyway, I get to run outside today! I'm so excited! :) hope everyone has a great Thursday!!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I know I will get to my goal bmi, I'm getting closer but its a tease when I'm like right there on the line, lol.

Kat-I wish I was able to walk outside at the parks, unfortunately, not warm enough to take my lil guy out, since at the park the riverwalk is around the river its a bit colder. I know I could dress him up, but his problem is, he is just like his daddy and sweats easily with too many layers. Enjoy your run outside this morning! :smile:

Stacey-WTG on not eating sweets, I am doing okay staying away from most, but still every other day, I get this strong urge and find myself getting one sweet.....I'm getting closer on getting a stronger will power.

Not a lot going on today. Need to go to the store again today, forgot a few items yesterday when I was out, then meeting a friend who forgot to sign her art work so did for me.

Will be back later. Have a great day everyone!
  • foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hey Ladies...I am a sahm and I am hitting a PLATEU!! I have been on here for a while and I really need to step it up for my summer weight loss goal! I need to lose 12 more lbs!!!!! I have been pretty good at getting to the gym, but now I am sick...I havent gone since Tuesday and I have a doctor appointment this afternoon. I find it so hard to eat right when I am sick. All I want to do is eat and lay on the couch. I cant wait to feel normal. Wish me luck on not over-eating today!;)
  • swtchrypie
    Options
    welcome Heather and Jesstroxel!

Barb~Almost there! that is real exciting!

Stacey~Haha, yeah my bathroom has got to be the cleanest on the block due to my lil guy.

Stacey and Katie~ Thanks for the encouragement!

Kaite~ how exciting running outside!! Around here NO ONE puts there dogs on leashes or ties if they don't have a fence so there is ALWAYS a random dog here or there, kinda annoying!

Foleykm22~ I hope the doctor goes well and that you can stay away from the munchies! I swear it always gets the best of us. I wish I had good advice about the plateu but I am not too good at this yet, but I am interested what others will say. there seems to be a lot of good advice on here!

I cant believe it Thursday! This week is going by so fast! I am trying to think of something fun to do this weekend with the family. Hmmm. Maybe the zoo if it warms up.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    DJ, my husband wasn't too bad about helping with the kids in the night as far as complaining, BUT he sleeps like a hibernating bear. By the time I got him awake enough to actually get out of bed, I might as well have done it myself, because I certainly wasn't going to be able to sleep after that. :laugh:

Barb, YAY for being so close to that line! You can do it! :)

Welcome Jess and HEather!

Stacey, I haven't had too many issues with dirty toilets with Z. But that also could be because he's very short, so we taught him to sit and pee instead of standing. I know not everyone does it that way, but it's easier for him and we have fewer messes. I figure when his legs are longer, he can transition to standing. Hopefully he'll have good aim. :laugh: YAY YOU for meeting your goals, and staying away from those sweets! Sodium is a hard one. If I were you, I'd tackle one hurdle at a time and not worry about the sodium for now. The cals and sweets are your main focus right now, so I'd just let the sodium slide for a bit.

Foley, welcome, and I hope you feel better soon. :( When I'm sick, it helps me if I stay away from the carbs -- I crave them, but if I eat protein instead, I'm less likely to nosh all day.

swtchrypie, I hope you guys get to go to the zoo! How fun!

Ok, so Aunt Flo FINALLY arrived for real this morning. She stepped a foot in the door two days ago and then retreated, so I've been a BEAR. I needed the hormonal release. I hate when I have months like this. Irritating. But now I'm already feeling a little better, even if I am a little tired still. I'm trying really hard just to not weigh in until next week, even though my weigh-in this week was unsatisfying and probably inaccurate. I figure if I go ahead and wait until Tuesday, I might get a nice surprise. I hope it doesn't backfire on me.

Our washing machine has been fixed, and so has our garage door. Life is pretty much back to normal at our house. :) I made homemade yogurt for the first time last night, so hopefully that will be good! I'm probably going to change my screenname later today, but I'll keep my same picture. Just wanted to give you guys a heads-up. I chose the screenname before I knew there were forums, and I've not been comfortable with it for a while, but I didn't know if I should change it. I'm just gonna go ahead and do it.
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey, just had a few minutes to jump on before lunch w/ my mom and brother, speech for Noah, soccer w/ my brother and then nap for Booshka, get Noah ready for Dinner w/ Daddy, and try to convince my brother to stick around long enough to watch the baby so I can jog or I might just go to my parents so they can feed us and watch him for me, hehehe.

I'm doing much better with H2O intake but like you guys, the sodium is struggle. Beans were the biggest shocker for me. I love, love, love beans and when I saw how much sodium is in canned beans................so gross. Guess I'll need to start soaking and doing them old school.

Barb - You are sooooo close, that is awesome. Doing a great job!!

AJ - Can't wait to hear how your yogurt turns out, what a great thing to make. So happy your washing machine and garage door are fixed, hope your mountain of laundry isn't too bad.

Swtchrypie - The zoo does sound fun, I need to get a membership here, I keep forgetting. This weekend there is a maple syrup festival that we are going to try to attend. They serve pancakes and have fun/games for the kids plus I need to buy some good maple syrup instead of the crap at the store that has all the junk in it. Finally got some sleep last night, it was heaven but short lived, oh well, every little bit helps.

Foleykm22 - Hope your appt goes well and you get to feeling better. I'm awful about eating a ton of saltines when I feel bad.

Katie - Good thing that scrappy dog is at your house and not mine, I'm a softy for a wet nose. Have you called animal control to get him?

Katie M - Thinking of ya and hope things are getting settled for you. I'm sure the next few weeks will be a bit tough trying to find a good routine, etc. but you'll get there. Hoping your MIL is doing well.

Ok, got to start the day, have a good Thurs.!
  • clcole522
    clcole522 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good Morning mom's.........Running out the door but needed to be good and log my breakfast first and I thought I would stop by and say good morning.....Hope everyone has a great Thursday!!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    haven't watched these videos yet but came recommended. this series is FREE re: cleansing your life

http://www.wellgroundedlife.com/cleanse/
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Welcome newcomers!

So last night I decided to start getting some of my summery outfits out for my vacation, and see what fits and what to put together and so on. So my hubby tells me what he likes and doesn't (Which is great!! Love him) and just so I could see it on other than the mirror, we took some quick pics. I HATE THEM! I felt pretty much comfortable wearing them, until I saw myself in them. My husband looks at me like I'm crazy...claiming that the clothes don't look like that when I'm standing there in front of him. Do I really have some screwed up sense of my body image? I don't know. Think I'm going to try them on again and actually try to look human in them instead of after dinner no make up just take the pic and move on. Maybe then.....who knows. SO frustrating!

@Stacy...I've been actually really luck in the peeing department. Both my boys are good aimers. When I do have a problem (step stool not being put back so little one just stands wherever it is and tries to make it!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:) Then yes, I will attack the bathroom 2-3 times, because pee is sneeky and needs a couple of cleanings( If the pee is running under your toliet, like it does at my house)
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA. It has been crazy house here but in a good way.

Christi~sorry to hear about your hubby leaving earlier than expected. Also about the anxiety over the whole situation I hate it when I feel that way. (((hugs))) because you are going to need them.

Aj~I so know how you feel I have her visiting this week too. I hate being so moody but I forgot to drink my PMS tea and I notice a huge difference from last month to this month.:grumble: Hubby is getting sick of me. It took me by surprise it ended up being 3 days early I guess it is better than being late or missing it all together right?!:wink: In my situation that would mean another little one on it's way.

Amy~Things are going good so far. She has decided that even if he changes she will not move back down there IF things work out between them then he will have to follow her up here. I however am keeping my fingers crossed that she kicks him to the curb. He is a LOSER. Of course he got there Bishop involved again. She is getting guilt trip for leaving and more than ever I am thinking that he is lying to their Bishop to get him on his side. It is working so far. :grumble: But the good thing about it is that she is seeing Mark (her hubby) for what he really is and is refusing to be treated the way he has treated her. She is also really wanting to get into counseling she knows she needs it and says she doesn't want to carry this "weight" around with her anymore.

Got to get going I am going to be taking the baby in for his 18 month check up. I so can not believe that he is 18 months as of today. My baby is growing way to fast! I did want to say that I was finally able to get a "real" workout in yesterday and it felt great. I am a little tired today but that is probably because I went to bed really late last night. chat later.
  • hmanderson
    hmanderson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So frustrated! Should've never stepped on the scale this morn, as I am a little less than a week before AF. But I was confident that I had made more loss(I just felt it), so I jumped on happily. Imagine my shock to see that I am back to my starting point! I am trying to keep my wits about me, and stay strong...I know it's water retention, etc. But it is hard to stay positive when you see that number!

So instead of reaching for the donuts, I got my fatt @$$ to the gym and did my workout... I am going to stay off the scale until after AF leaves the building and I am hoping to see a great LOSS! :)
  • staceyw37
    Options
    heather--great plan! that was SO the right choice!!

personally, my scale is put away for the month. i just can't handle the up's and the down's lead me to overindulge.

katiem--whew! you stay so busy--you and katie could put out an energy drink--k2 mamas!
    btw, is your mil talking to your bishop? cuz then maybe the 2 bishops can talk and mediate/protect her.
    prayers for her to continue to have the strength to stay far away!

thinking today may be a stretch dvd day. and must drink lots of water!

off to schoolin'. later chickadees
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Heather, that's a good plan! Good for you for choosing to do good things for yourself instead of falling into old habits. :)

Katie, I'm so glad your MIL is starting to see things clearly. I agree with Stacey, maybe she should talk to your bishop.

Auntie Flo is kicking my butt today. I was doing great this morning but now, not so much. I may not do the other workout I had planned. But that's ok -- I did Wii Fit Plus this morning, and we took a walk, and we're going to take another walk if it stays warm. That will be enough. :)
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!!

Today has been a good day! I got to get out and walk for 3 hours today! It was so nice, grant you it was indoors, but still got some exercise in! Plus when I got home, I felt like keeping up the pace, so I did my Level 2 30DS early! Feeling pretty good. Not a lot going on today. Tomorrow is weigh in day and I'm actually kinda excited, lol.

Does anyone else feel like this week is dragging? I was talking to hubby on the phone and both of us agreed this week is dragging and not going fast enough, sad thing is we don't have any plans for this weekend either.....I asked a few other people today and a few of them said it was and others so no....so I'm guessing its the weather making it feel like its dragging.

Since I got everything done early today, I think I will just sit back and relax tonight!