Starting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (in 6 weeks)

Options

Replies

• almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    Finish L1 D3.....Dang calves are sore and my ankles (go figure...ankles?)
  • gjspiller
    gjspiller Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    L1, D3

Tonight I opted for just the music, and turned off Jillian. Just for variety. I think I did pretty well. I notice I struggle with Circuit 1. But after that hump, I enjoy the exercises after that (well, except for the bicycle abs...at least I did more today than yesterday). I might take a day off from 30DS tomorrow (Friday) and then resume for the next 2 days since my goal is to do it 5 days a week.

I miss Zumba and walk/jogging on the tread.

How did everyone else do?

@almondbliss: my arms were sore yesterday. i'm waiting for my ankles to be sore, too...i can't stand jumping jacks, but they do get the heart pumping!!

everyone else....KEEP GOING!!!! and CHECK IN....those of you that just joined, JUMP ON IN!
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I will be doing day five later today! I'd be more than happy to give support, I'll be doing it for another 4 weeks, maybe more depending on when I feel like moving to the next level. Add me if you want!! Would love to be involved!
  • albragg
    albragg Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm wanting to buy 30DS very soon! Do you need equipment at home, like dumbbells or anything?
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to buy 30DS very soon! Do you need equipment at home, like dumbbells or anything?
    3 or 5 pound weights and a yoga mat if you will be workingout on hardwood floor.
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    I need motivation!
    Very hard for me to start the 30DS all over again after finishing almost a month ago...:ohwell:
  • almondbliss
    Options
    L1 D4...I Love Abs Dislike Strength & Cardio .....I do feel it getting a lil easier though. How long y'all stay on the 1st level before moving to the next?
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I need motivation!
    Very hard for me to start the 30DS all over again after finishing almost a month ago...:ohwell:

Come on lady! You CAN do it! Just stick with it and 30 days will be over in no time : )
  • TakeOne
    Options
    shalynna89 ~ Welcome : )

almondbliss ~ Hello! I was going to try to do 10 days on level 1, then 10 days on level 2, etc. Next time I do the 30DS I will prob mix it up a bit tho...gotta get through round one tho : )
  • mehstewart
    Options
    Finish L1 D3.....Dang calves are sore and my ankles (go figure...ankles?)

almondbliss; you want to be careful about joints being sore, it could be a strain which could lead to a sprain or worse. Sore muscles = good, sore joints = bad

I just finished L1D2 and the lights weights I own are 5lbs and the first and last strength circuit totally kill my shoulders and tris!!! I'm totally grunting through those sections and hating jillian (and myself for not having lighter weights) but it totally is worth it after :)
  • busybee33
    busybee33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    tonight was day one level one for me! im soooooo syked!
  • gjspiller
    gjspiller Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    tonight i took the day off from 30DS, but i felt inclined to check in with my peeps on this topic.

@shaylynna89- WELCOME! yes join in, we just started!

@HealthierMama- first of all, CONGRATS on sticking with 30DS for a month! how about turning off the sound and putting your own music to the workouts for motivation??

@almondbliss- my plan is to do Level 1 for 5 days; then Level 2 for 5 days, then Level 3 for 5 days;
    then go back to Level 1 for 2 days, Level 2 for 2 days, Level 3 for 2 days;
    THEN for the last 9 days, alternate levels everyday until i reach 30 days total!
    i have to change it up or else i'll get bored.

busybee- good job!!!!! DAY TWO here you come!!
  • almondbliss
    Options
    mehstewart:The crazy thing is my right ankle is the bad one, I actually went to the foot doc and he told me I completely torn one of the ligaments and I only have one left in that foot. But it's my left ankle thats bothering me......trust me I'm being very careful.

gispiller:Girl...I'm still Huffin & Puffin with L1...I do feel it starting to get easier.....but I didn't even look to see what L2 and L3 are like yet, to even see if I can handle it now or not. Honestly jumping jacks make me feel huge, because of everything bouncing up and down. If there's not as many jumping jacks in L2 & L3 I'll be good.
  • Enduranze3
    Enduranze3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! May I join? I just received mine in the mail yesterday evening so I am going to start it today. I think I want to do the 30DS and add in my MJ Experience dancing, C25k (bought the app but haven't started yet), and I am still contemplating Insanity. I have over 80lbs to lose.
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

Guen, that's what I do. I cannot stand listening to Jillian so I always have music blasting:laugh:

I just have to push myself harder.
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too, if its not too late. I need all the motivation I can get right now.
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! May I join? I just received mine in the mail yesterday evening so I am going to start it today. I think I want to do the 30DS and add in my MJ Experience dancing, C25k (bought the app but haven't started yet), and I am still contemplating Insanity. I have over 80lbs to lose.

I have the MJ Experience and it is a fun workout. I'm in wk5 of the c25k. I need to lose 40lbs. I'm still flip flopping with the food and being consistent with my workout. Its hard, but I keep trying. :wink:
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I've done it twice this week and can agree to do at least 5 times a week going forward. I've been doing it on and off since January, struggling with motivation, busy-ness, anemia and vertigo. Vertigo is the only legitimate excuse for missing a workout.
  • TakeOne
    Options
    Happy Birthday to me!!!! :bigsmile: L1D5 down....sweet! It does get better.

Have a great weekend ladies and keep on shredding!

Welcome to all the newcomers :flowerforyou:
  • cnjulian
    cnjulian Posts: 4
    Options
    Completed L1D8 today. It is definitely getting easier. Will probably try level 2 tomorrow!