"Shreddin' It & Forgettin' It"

Options

Replies

• 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Alright, day 4, level 1 complete. Followed by 20 minutes on the treadmill and some jogging around at work. I think I'll do the shred everyday, but alternate my cardio days. It seems to work out a little better for me, schedule and energy-wise. I am still using the 5lb weights, but when I get to the point where I can't lift my arms anymore on those side lunges/anterior raise, I drop one of my weights and hold the other with both hands. Saves me money, not having to go out and buy lighter weights.

I'm having a hard time with my HRM. I thought it was the coolest thing when I bought it, but for 46 minutes worth of exercise today it's telling me I burned 1206 calories. Yeah, I wish! I know my heart is pound and I'm sweating like crazy, but that thing is waaaay off.

Either way, have a lovely day and keep on shreddin'!

Great work! I like the idea of holding the 1 weight...thankx, I'm going to give that a try tomorrow :smile: As far as the HRM goes, I had the opposite problem...mine said I only burned 60 calories and I was dripping in sweat...:noway:...so now I just track it under circuit training. Sounds like both of our HRM are a bit off...lol...what is the brand of yours and do you have a chest strap? Mine is a Sportsline and "it requires no strap" so it claims! It's just like a watch.
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to the site and was hoping that I could join this group too. I started Shred on Monday and finished L1D4 today. I plan on only doing it 6 days a week because I spend each Saturday in the car from early morning to late night for the next two months. I hope to be able to tone up a lot of my trouble areas that do not seem to be budging. I will post my measurements that I took on Tuesday tomorrow.

Sounds like you're right on track with the rest of us! Good luck:) Post your measurements and make sure you get in some extra cario!
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Day 4 done!! When people do additional cardio, do you do it before or after the shred?

Great job everyone!

Great work! I do mine after...:smile:
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Today is day 3 for me and I did NMTZ plus 30 minutes of cardio. It was a long workout, but I feel good.

e2c7c8047f6549e.gif
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day four level one done :D I even managed to get in 45 min of yoga x before bed (I'll finish the rest of yoga after my jog tomorrow morning). Keep on shredding it everyone!!
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Alright, day 4, level 1 complete. Followed by 20 minutes on the treadmill and some jogging around at work. I think I'll do the shred everyday, but alternate my cardio days. It seems to work out a little better for me, schedule and energy-wise. I am still using the 5lb weights, but when I get to the point where I can't lift my arms anymore on those side lunges/anterior raise, I drop one of my weights and hold the other with both hands. Saves me money, not having to go out and buy lighter weights.

I'm having a hard time with my HRM. I thought it was the coolest thing when I bought it, but for 46 minutes worth of exercise today it's telling me I burned 1206 calories. Yeah, I wish! I know my heart is pound and I'm sweating like crazy, but that thing is waaaay off.

Great work! I like the idea of holding the 1 weight...thankx, I'm going to give that a try tomorrow :smile: As far as the HRM goes, I had the opposite problem...mine said I only burned 60 calories and I was dripping in sweat...:noway:...so now I just track it under circuit training. Sounds like both of our HRM are a bit off...lol...what is the brand of yours and do you have a chest strap? Mine is a Sportsline and "it requires no strap" so it claims! It's just like a watch.

I have a sportsline WITH a chest strap and it still doesn't work half the time. It just stops reading it from the strap so I have to stop and touch it with my finger so I'm sure the calories burned is way off since I don't notice when it stops half the time. I'm logging it as circuit training as well for now because it's just frustrating. I'm saving up for a polar one though :)
  • Dawn111567
    Options
    Measurements taken 3/1/11

Current Weight: 152
    Belly - below belly button 38
    Bra line 30
    Hips/butt 40.5
    Thigh 23
    Calf 13
    Bicep 11
    Waist below rib cage 29
    Bust 34.5

I was going to try to do my shred this morning before work but I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I ended up with a headache and did eventually fall back to sleep but not for too long before the alarm went off. Why do I think it is going to be a long day?

I am struggling with the jumping jacks for a couple reasons, the first is I have problems with my right shoulder/arm but I can modify that. I find that I am doing this workout in my bedroom and jumping on my carpeting is extremely hard because of the resistance from my sneakers. I can go in my bathroom on the floor but there is no room in there to comfortably do them. I also find the same thing with my butt kicks that my sneakers "stick" to the carpeting. So for now until I can go somewhere else in the house that doesn't have carpeting I jump in place or run. Any other suggestions?
  • rtmpmm
    rtmpmm Posts: 8
    Options
    Measurements taken 3/1/11

Current Weight: 152
    Belly - below belly button 38
    Bra line 30
    Hips/butt 40.5
    Thigh 23
    Calf 13
    Bicep 11
    Waist below rib cage 29
    Bust 34.5

I was going to try to do my shred this morning before work but I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I ended up with a headache and did eventually fall back to sleep but not for too long before the alarm went off. Why do I think it is going to be a long day?

I am struggling with the jumping jacks for a couple reasons, the first is I have problems with my right shoulder/arm but I can modify that. I find that I am doing this workout in my bedroom and jumping on my carpeting is extremely hard because of the resistance from my sneakers. I can go in my bathroom on the floor but there is no room in there to comfortably do them. I also find the same thing with my butt kicks that my sneakers "stick" to the carpeting. So for now until I can go somewhere else in the house that doesn't have carpeting I jump in place or run. Any other suggestions?

I do it without shoes. I know that sound odd, but i do it in my bedroom on carpet too, and it's just too hard with gym shoes on. I go to a boot camp 2x a week and most of the girls, including the instructors do the whole thing without shoes as well. We do it at the gymnastics center on the mats, which is kinda like being on carpet when you're in shoes. I think without shoes you get a better grip on the ground with your feet if that makes any sense.
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    It's been a terrible week as far as work, working out and eating. I need to get back on track! I can do this! :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My alarm didn't go off so I woke up at 5am instead of 4:15. Had no time to fit it in so I will be doing it tonight.

Everyone is doing an awesome job. I enjoy your daily feedback. It feels good to know that I'm not the only one being abused my Jillian lol
  • pj_writer
    pj_writer Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My DVD arrived yesterday so I'm starting late!

I did level 1 today. It wasn't too bad but I'm used to doing Davina Mc Call DVDs and some of those are pretty tough and have a similar format of strength training mixed up with cardio and abs.
    It did have me swearing though - especially during the jumping jacks. Ouch! and the press ups.
    I enjoyed it though and love the format of quick change and lots of variety.

I'm not sure I'll be able to fit it in 6 x a week though because I still want to get value for money from my gym membership so will probably try and do it 3 or 4 x and then get to the gym at least twice too.

good luck shredders :)
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I started the program 12 days ago, so yesterday was Day 1 of Level 2. I was so scared to try it. Level 1 had me so sore (esp my shins of all places) but by the time I was at Day 10, I could do all of the push-ups with straight legs (could only do 5 in the beginning) and I went up to 5lbs for the back and chest exercises. I just couldn't keep good form with the compound moves.
    Anyway, Level 2 wasn't nearly as big of a jump as I thought--althoughI must have looked pretty funny doing those pendulum lunges-I was wobbling all over the place. And I've done a lot of planks in my time but never jumping planks.
    I've do Pilates regularly so I find the abs manageable--and in fact look forward to them since I get to lie down :ohwell:
    I didn't measure before I started so I don't have accurate numbers from the first 10 days, but I can tell you that i've seen a dramatic difference. My back fat and bra spillage are so much less, my butt jiggles less, and my sides don't spill over the sides of my pants--oh and my "old lady arms" (in the words of my son) aren't nearly as wobbly.
    So, for my measurements as of yesterday:
    Bust: 38" (with sports bra on--I wish my boobs were that perky on their own!!)
    Waist: 33"
    Hips: 42.5"
    Thighs: 25"
    Arms: 14"

Oh, I need to meet my daily challenges, well,actually I just got up and have to do everything yet, but the day is young...
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Day 4- Level 1- DONE!

I'm still struggling with the ab work, and I think it may be because my abs split when I was pregnant (and I had 2 c-sections). Does anyone else feel like no matter how much ab work you do, it doesn't do anything? Does anyone have split abs?

Still doing my wall push-ups and instead of jumping jacks, doing the punches with 2lb weights.
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    a few days behind, but im in if you'll have me!

come to find, the roommate had the shred dvd :) so i did level 1 and 2 today. i have the "program guide", but do not have the trouble areas or the banish and boost dvd. i do have a jillian shape up- backside dvd. do you think i could suppliment that for the first week?

but alright, heres my measurements, just so happens i did them yesterday haha

sw: my last weigh in (tues 3/1) was 148.4

chest: 37"
    waist: 32"
    hips: 39"
    arms: 13"
    thighs: 26"

i leave for vacation 2 days after my shred is complete!!!!!
  • roma2011
    roma2011 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in a bit late with this, but I've been doing 3 x 1 hour spin circuit classes each week so hopefully that compensates a bit for the first few days I've missed! I'm probably only going to do it on the days that I don't have the spin circuit classes as I don't think I'd be capable of getting the most of my pre-paid classes otherwise. The spin circuits are done very much along the same lines as the Shred - a little cardio, and then some weights while your heart rate is up.

My measurements are...
    bust: 40
    waist: small 32
    belly button: 36.5
    pouch: 38
    hips: 42
    thighs: 24.5
    right arm: 12
    left arm: 12.5
  • 123nikki123
    Options

I have a sportsline WITH a chest strap and it still doesn't work half the time. It just stops reading it from the strap so I have to stop and touch it with my finger so I'm sure the calories burned is way off since I don't notice when it stops half the time. I'm logging it as circuit training as well for now because it's just frustrating. I'm saving up for a polar one though :)

How many calories does yours say you burn at the end of level 1?
  • shanna5
    shanna5 Posts: 69
    Options
    L1 D5 complete - Woo Hoo! Did some running on the treadmill afterwards, 40 mins, 3.8 miles.

I'll probably do a one or two more days on this level and then switch to Level 2 - I'm getting to the point that I'm "talking" with Jillian and it's driving me crazy :) Not talking to her, just talking w/ her with some of her lines that we now hear every day!!

Have a happy Friday!
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    L1 Day 5 and I made it through the jacks without stopping. Something must be working!
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ok it is poor pityful me day today. Sorry, I am so sore I took today off. It will be my one day for this week. I only intend to do it 6 days a week. I did get my walk in, I did 4 miles in one hour. Eating took off on its own today. Went over my calories by 5 calories. My calfs are so sore I could scream everytime I get up or down. (Lets dont even discuss how many times you get on and off the commode a day when you drink 8 glasses of water. I have not had a coke in weeks and let my guard down today because I felt so bad. I am marking my calendar and I will only miss today. Thank you for letting me rant and rave now I am taking my sore muscles to bed while I can still get there. Tomorrow is a new day to shred. Congratulations to all who completed day 4!

Trust me, I was the exact same way! Calves killed so bad I wanted to cut my legs off. And running to the bathroom every 45 minutes with all i drank! Yikes! But I just finished Day 5 and my legs feel llike jello but aren't very sore. Plus my bladder has adjusted to all my water and my trips to the bathroom have decreased. One thing I strongly recommend is spending extra time stretching after your shred, especially your legs and calves. I found that helped me a lot! Take today off and rest up, but don't beat yourself up over it. Good luck!
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    L1D5. It's definitely getting easier! I did the first circuit of strength with no weights but just doing the movements and my arms still felt jello-y. I mostly did 1lbs but switched it to 2lbs for the chest flys. Those were a little too easy for me. I'm please to report that for the first time I made it through the entire workout without stopping, except that I paused at the beginning of each cardio to sip some water. I did modify some of the exercises but I did not stop. YAY! Ok, running off to school/work. This new schedule is killing me! Hopefully tonight I'll be able to get in my cardio before bed. Good luck and happy shredding everyone!!! :tongue: