More People Watching At The Gym

Options

Replies

• fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I was on the rowing machine when this awful smell hit me. I really wanted to vomit. It was like someone had sweated heavily for a week and not washed. I looked to my left and it was coming from the guy who had just sat next to me.

I had to finish early and move to the treadmill because I was going to throw up if I was there any longer. Body oder from sweating is one thing but this was a whole other kind of sweaty smell.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I came in this morning and had to tell the guys about my experience at the gym yesterday. I go to a Y, not a jar head gym, not a pick up joint, not in a major city. I'm doing my workout and swearing in my head about the idiot children (teenagers) and the guys who think they know what they're doing and have their form all wrong) and something trumped it.

I hopped on the leg press machine which is facing the back of the treadmills and noticed that the shorts on the girl running had slipped and so much of the top of her thong was showing that you could see the top of the tattoo on her left cheek. I figured, poor thing, her shorts must have slipped, how embarrassing. Well, I did leg press, leg extension and leg curls and the most she ever did to correct the issue was tug on her tank top a tiny bit, bringing it no where near the top of her thong let alone the top of her shorts.

I enjoyed watching the guys eyes pop out of their heads when they noticed, and the ones pretending not to see it. After telling the guys at work about this the comments were hysterical and we all agree, she knew damn well her shorts were falling off.
  • Ninerz113
    Ninerz113 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was on the rowing machine when this awful smell hit me. I really wanted to vomit. It was like someone had sweated heavily for a week and not washed. I looked to my left and it was coming from the guy who had just sat next to me.

I had to finish early and move to the treadmill because I was going to throw up if I was there any longer. Body oder from sweating is one thing but this was a whole other kind of sweaty smell.

This has happened to me on the elliptical! SO GROSS! I had to move to a different machine too!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    After telling the guys at work about this the comments were hysterical and we all agree, she knew damn well her shorts were falling off.

Funny we had one of those tonight as well. Girl in the tiniest pair of hipster shorts and a top that looked like it had shrunk in the wash.

The trouble was, with her midriff, she really couldn't pull it off.

Oh well.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Oh boy - Guilty Guilty Guilty.

1. I wear underwear to the gym. I'm sure I probably have panty lines. I also don't think I care. Stop looking at my @$$.

I have panty lines too and I could care less if it annoys someone because yes I wear underwear. I don't know why people are looking at my *kitten* to notice. When I go to the gym, I am really oblivious most of the time to other people and do not pay attention to what they are wearing because I am focusing on myself.

Hmmm.... I found it hard not to notice though the other day when a girl came right beside me as I was doing an arm workout with dumbbells on a bench. She stood there and stared for at least 10 minutes. She then came and sat right beside me and just STARED at me in the mirror. I thought she was waiting for me to finish so we didn't hit arms, nope I gave her a chance to go and she never did. After about 5 minutes of staring at me, she got up and stood beside my bench again and stared. She repeated for about 20 minutes and then left. I never saw her workout and she was gone.

Well said, I don't care if I have VPL or not. I go to the gym to work out, not take part in a fashion show, so I go dressed for comfort.

And as for the staring girl, that's just creepy, I would have had to say something to her.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    At my gym there are no people to watch besides the two of us.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    The "cute" girl who always come in at the end of the night for like the last 30 minutes dressed in hot pink, tight outfit and never breaks a sweat. This is because she never really works out she just wants to show off for the meat heads.

And all the exercises seem overtly sexual. Like those thigh extensions. Then there is always lot of bending over too, of course.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually we have 2 of them. LOL!
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    My friend drinks his water out of a two-six Absolut bottle. He gets lots of funny looks while he works out! :wink:
  • chickie77
    Options
    ow my goodness all of it is too real we have the little skinny girl who walks around all the equipment for like 5 min then will pick a machine and do one set then she will walk all around and stand around for another 10 mins then you'll see her do something else......The walking is not for cardio either it is way to slow.....maybe she knows she's cute and wants to make sure everyone sees her....who knows but her constant walking around gets me dizzy; lol
  • Lexie71
    Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My friend drinks his water out of a two-six Absolut bottle. He gets lots of funny looks while he works out! :wink:

Too funny! I wanna do that!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Accidental farts in yoga/pilates class. I usually try not to lol at the culprit but on the inside I am DYING!!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I wear boxer-brief type undies to avoid VPL in tight pants/shorts. :smile:

My peeve is the people who crank the incline all the way up on the treadmill, then hold on to the top. Isn't that defeating the purpose of the incline? Wouldn't it make more sense to lower the incline to the point where you can walk without holding on for dear life?

LMAO!!!
  • Brandy3827
    Brandy3827 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The woman who gets on the treadmill next to you and changes the television set from music videos to THE FOOD NETWORK!!! Seriously? Who does that?! Not to mention there are 5 other television sets not being watched.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I need to share- I had myself yet another embarassing moment at the gym. If the girls that were behind me are on MFP they'll share their version I'm sure.

So, I've been increasing my food intake slowly working toward maintenance. As I've done this I find that my body chooses funny times to start digesting. I was on the tread at the gym and it was busy. Like REALLY busy people waiting everywhere for a machine. Well two bippy twats (you know the one in impractical workout gear clearly there to be seen and not ACTUALLY work out) were standing behind me (I caught them out of the corner of my eye). They were clearly waiting to get 2 treads together. I was doing HIIT and I'm sweating and I'm sure they were trying to figure out what I was doing (normal pace, run, sprint, normal pace, run, sprint...) well as they stare I start another round of sprinting and feel the bubbles in my guts... oh no, I'm gonna fart. :noway: yeah, totally gonna fart. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to clench your butt cheeks together at 8.5mph?!?! yeah, well it doesn't work and it flies. I think, "well at least it was quiet. wait, no I'm wearing head phones." :embarassed: I glance over my shoulder and they are both gaping and me and then I catch the smell... damn it :sick: . I started to smile, then I started laughing because as the smell drifted toward them in a nauxious cloud they backed away and picked a couple elliptical machines farther away. MUCH farther away.

And that friends is why I can't wait to start running outside again! :laugh:
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I need to share- I had myself yet another embarassing moment at the gym. If the girls that were behind me are on MFP they'll share their version I'm sure.

So, I've been increasing my food intake slowly working toward maintenance. As I've done this I find that my body chooses funny times to start digesting. I was on the tread at the gym and it was busy. Like REALLY busy people waiting everywhere for a machine. Well two bippy twats (you know the one in impractical workout gear clearly there to be seen and not ACTUALLY work out) were standing behind me (I caught them out of the corner of my eye). They were clearly waiting to get 2 treads together. I was doing HIIT and I'm sweating and I'm sure they were trying to figure out what I was doing (normal pace, run, sprint, normal pace, run, sprint...) well as they stare I start another round of sprinting and feel the bubbles in my guts... oh no, I'm gonna fart. :noway: yeah, totally gonna fart. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to clench your butt cheeks together at 8.5mph?!?! yeah, well it doesn't work and it flies. I think, "well at least it was quiet. wait, no I'm wearing head phones." :embarassed: I glance over my shoulder and they are both gaping and me and then I catch the smell... damn it :sick: . I started to smile, then I started laughing because as the smell drifted toward them in a nauxious cloud they backed away and picked a couple elliptical machines farther away. MUCH farther away.

LMAO...I just pulled my transverse abdominis after reading your inTOXICating post. This is right up there with the jump rope on a treadmill copycat!!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Haha Haha I love the stories....
    I also love the people who were fine with admitting what people in their gym think of them ..

If you would like to know my recent experience ... check out my blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/emmaleigh47

Now as to what people would say about me.
    1. I am that fat girl who slooooowly runs around the track ... around and around... for much longer than most people (I have been known to have to do my long runs there 14.5 miles = 159 laps lemme tell you NOT pretty!
    2. I bring my Jeff Galloway timer ... and it beeps every 2 minutes... you dont like it... suck it!
    3. No VPL for me... commando all the way!
  • Steph70508
    Steph70508 Posts: 110
    Options

LMAO!!!

I can imagine someone saying that I am some weird machine stalker. The gym I go to has only one stepmill and I usually do that machine first because it is the hardest and I get the best burn. When I arrive in the morning and someone is on it I usually given them "the eye" and then find a machine right next to it and watch them till they get off so I can jump on it before anyone else gets it.
  • Selaen
    Selaen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The other day I was doing my 'arms' circuit and as I was facing the stairs to the gym (my gym's upstairs, changing rooms & reception downstairs), I saw this folded towel bop up the stairs.. A bloke was just leisurely walking up, swinging his (very much free) arms about, with a folded towel on top of his head. I thought that it was a tad strange, but maybe he just picked one up off the reception and for some reason needed to pop it on his head.

That's until he went up to the cord pull-machine-thingy and started working out. With the towel still folded, still on his head.

The bloody thing stayed there for at least 15 mins as he was grunting away!
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The ladies wearing make-up and perfume in water aerobics!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    The other day I was doing my 'arms' circuit and as I was facing the stairs to the gym (my gym's upstairs, changing rooms & reception downstairs), I saw this folded towel bop up the stairs.. A bloke was just leisurely walking up, swinging his (very much free) arms about, with a folded towel on top of his head. I thought that it was a tad strange, but maybe he just picked one up off the reception and for some reason needed to pop it on his head.

That's until he went up to the cord pull-machine-thingy and started working out. With the towel still folded, still on his head.

The bloody thing stayed there for at least 15 mins as he was grunting away!

There's a guy at my gym who does the same thing! I call him Rocky because he wears American Flag boxing shorts like Rocky Balboa did. Anyway, he also walks around with his towel perched on his head, he does cardio with it on his head. He doesn't like tie it there, like a headband...it just lays there.