March Move Your *kitten* Challenge....

Options

Replies

• dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Hi, did 3.2 miles on the bike. My elliptical does not show distance. But i found online that 1760 revolutions is 1 mile. I actually did 1412 revs in 30 minutes. So it is actually harder to cover miles on an elliptical than walking? Anyone knows more about it?

No, it doesn't make sense. The distance on the elliptical is comparable to cycling distance. After pedaling for 30 minutes at about 60 rpms the display on my elliptical shows over 5 miles moved.

Update: 52 people joined the challenge, 11 moved 0 miles, we clocked 296 miles in the first 3 days. :happy:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Thursday 3.70 miles 14.32 miles so far. Slow start this week.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Dinos Thank you so much for the calculations. 296 miles in three days is awesome!!!
  • facerme
    facerme Posts: 27
    Options
    Im a little late, but I'd love to join this challenge! This will be my first one, and im going to set my goal for 150 miles.

I'm late too......187 is my goal as thats 300km.....

OK SO TODAY DID 6KM....ONLY 294 TO GO :)

UPDATE... 10KM done yesterday.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Checkling in...
    03/01 - 1.5mi
    03/02 - 2.25mi
    03/03 - 2.25mi
    03/04 - 3.0mi

May need to rethink my goal...
  • BeeZeeB
    BeeZeeB Posts: 9
    Options
    A challenge....I LOVE IT!!!! This should gert me even more motivated. I am a newbie to MFP and to this as well so starting my goal off at 50. Glad that I have kept track of what I have done till now gonna add that in. Hope 50 is enough to start this challenge!!
  • BeeZeeB
    BeeZeeB Posts: 9
    Options
    HELP!!! Made me new ticker but, don't know how to add it!
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    I finally went and measured my "route" with the car, so here's what I've got to date:

3.4 miles

That's a sad little number, huh? Hopefully it will increase dramatically as I go - I'm on week 1 of C25K... :bigsmile:
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I stated I was going to try for 100 miles. I regret I did not do my math very well. I have just started working out and I am struggling to finish 2 miles at a time. So adjusted my goal to 50 miles in the month of March. I might get close to the 100 if I was counting all my steps each day but that is not my plan I want to record exercise milage. Sorry :cry: But I want a realistic goal for my skill level and will kick it up as I get more comfortable with the routine.

Hey Kris, don't worry about it, this is not a contest. An unrealistic goal might lead you to quit trying and we don't want this to happen. :smile:

Thanks I really dont want to quit trying and that is why I adjusted the goal to a # closer to my ability now. Some day though 100 will be possible.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am going to have a lot of work to do the rest of the month. I have had the flu, today I am feeling somewhat better but think I should still rest today so I am back to normal tomorrow. My neice is turning 3 tomorrow and I don't want to miss her party.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Checking in

March goal 31 miles - 8 miles done = 23 miles to go

:flowerforyou: Happy walking/moving everyone:flowerforyou:
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    + 1.5 Gazelle & 4 bike miles.

Have a great Friday everyone!
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hi, did 3.2 miles on the bike. My elliptical does not show distance. But i found online that 1760 revolutions is 1 mile. I actually did 1412 revs in 30 minutes. So it is actually harder to cover miles on an elliptical than walking? Anyone knows more about it?

No, it doesn't make sense. The distance on the elliptical is comparable to cycling distance. After pedaling for 30 minutes at about 60 rpms the display on my elliptical shows over 5 miles moved.

Update: 52 people joined the challenge, 11 moved 0 miles, we clocked 296 miles in the first 3 days. :happy:
    Thanks Dinos. I thought it would be more too. I will do search online to see how to convert revs to miles.
    cheers.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Got my 5 miles running today
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Got another 1.3 miles today before the rain came.
  • daboysmom
    Options
    1.5 miles Thursday, slow start but pushing forward!

exercise.png
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    1 mile yesterday, 1 mile today.
    8:23 minute mile on the bike, 61 max rpm, 55 avg rpm (just documentiing the speeds to see improvements as knee gets better).
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, 5 miles walked today :smile:
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    5 miles on the treadmill today.

It's great to see how much everyone is moving their a$$es! Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hey - got in my 5 miles today!!! 3 miles C25K (did the one 25 minute run straight!!!) and then later my 2 miles beach walk! :)