March Walking Challenge - join in :)

Options

Replies

• qwander
    qwander Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the gym, did 55 min of cardio and some wts and stretching on top of that. Not sure how to add that to my ticker tho. Will see if it comes up..
  • qwander
    qwander Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    do you have to go to the ticker place every time and change it then copy and paste? I thought it could have come as I did that yesterday. Oh well, I've posted what I did.. now need to go to work for a couple hrs.. will check back in this evening.
  • patches0102
    Options
    Still going!
  • mnmorneau
    mnmorneau Posts: 49
    Options
    I forgot to check in yesterday so with yesterday and today I did 6 miles. If weather holds out I will get 3 miles in tomorrow. I am doing a fundraiser walk for the Animal Defense League. It is supposed to be a 5 K run but it said you had to finish in an hour or less. I convinced the guy running it to let me walk it because I can do it in under an hour, I am not a runner. He said that would be fine. I my worst time has been 57 min and my best has been 53 min. Hope I can stay close to those tomorrow so to be under his hour requirement. Would be bad to have him make an exception and then blow the whole thing. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • FabulousGia
    Options
    3/1: 2.55 miles
    3/2: 1.87 miles
    3/3: 1.09 miles
    3/4: 3.76 miles
  • Rosebud62
    Rosebud62 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Here we go - a few days late but in.
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump - new to this thread. Want to join in but will read thru tomorrow. It's late and I'm too pooped to pop!:yawn:
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    Day 4: I only got 2.5 in today. My legs were killing me from my more intense work out yesterday, just couldn't do anymore. At least I'm still a bit ahead!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Walked an additional 1.53 miles yesterday, but no walking today.

exercise.png
  • mnmorneau
    mnmorneau Posts: 49
    Options
    Logged in yesterday with my miles but have a question if anyone can help. I noticed that some have mentioned doing a P90X program. Don't know what that is. This morning as I am getting ready for my walk there was a commercial on TV and they mentioned 2 programs a P90X and a 10 minute trainer. Is that P90X what people here are using? If so, is anyone using or have used the 10 min trainer? Thanks for your help.:smile:
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! This is exactly what I was looking for!

I'm 42, a stay-at-home-mom, and my goal is to move for at least 30 minutes a day. The great thing about walking is that, once I start, I don't want to stop! I could really go for a couple of hours if the weather isn't stupid. I usually end up doing about 50 minutes, my dog and me, before my knee gets sore.

Ok, I'm setting a goal of walking for 150 minutes per week in March. I know that's modest, but I have to start someplace. :happy:
  • mellissacase
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Did my 5 mile walk today and loved it :D
  • wanda1956
    wanda1956 Posts: 110
    Options
    Okay..I want to join too sounds like fun.

exercise.png
  • GatorLvr13
    Options
    Count me in..This is my first challenge!!!
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have decided to change my goal for March :embarassed: . Instead of walking 30 minutes every day, I'm going to commit to 30 minutes 4 days per week so that I can do toning exercise 2 days per week.
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just back from a 2 hour walk!! thats huge for me, my legs are kiiling me :)
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I did 4 miles with Leslie Sansone, 1 mile to work and back and the walking bus. Altogether, that's 6 miles! Today I walked with my sis-in-law for 4.5 miles.

Off to update my ticker!!

LouiseXXX
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I did my 50 minute walk today. I know my dog needs to be walked desperately, but I think I do better without him. I feel guilty! :frown:
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    a bit late but I am in!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Three miles on my Elliptical today.....life is good.