"Shreddin' It & Forgettin' It"

Options

Replies

• CaityB14
    CaityB14 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Did my Day 3 this morning. It was hard with my stomach still hurting from throwing up twice yesterday :-/
  • wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Day 5, level 1 done.

To those interested, my HRM is a mioDrive petite. Per workout it says I burn between 400 and 600 calories. For 20 minutes, I think that's far off.

Keep shredding all!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I went over in my cals today--but 130something...but I ate very well the whole day. Tomorrow begins anew.
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    Did my Day 3 this morning. It was hard with my stomach still hurting from throwing up twice yesterday :-/

I bet it was! I hope you're feeling better :flowerforyou:
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I lived to Shred another day!!!! I just finished day 3 of level 1. I too added in the 3# weights during the punching, the other just seemed to easy. The weights made it more intense. I was able to get through it all without stopping except for the bicycle crunches...those kill me. Maybe tomorrow I will make it all the way through. I'm going to give it another day or two before I add in level 2 with level 1. Those 20 minutes just seem to fly by.
    It's date night tonight and the hubby wants to take me out to dinner and a movie, let's hope I can find something on the healthy side. I have to get another 24 oz of water in me before the nights over...could make for an interesting movie.....hope it's a theater close to the bathroom. Have a great night all!! Keep Shredding :happy:

Yay for you! The weights make the punches easy? I'll have to try that! Enjoy your dinner with your hubby! :) Have a great night!
  • amandarusco
    Options
    Day 5 went well. Got a ton of extra cardio today because I worked at the restaurant tonight. Ran around like a chicken with my head cut off for a few hours and then cleaned like mad.
  • pj_writer
    pj_writer Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 2 (did day 1 yesterday)
    My daughter woke me up at 6.30 so I thought I might as well get up and get it over with. yay me! :drinker:

it felt a bit easier, maybe because I knew what to expect!
    My right knee is a little sore though - it doesn't like the side lunges. I think it's just muscle tightness though so I'm hoping I won't have to stop/modify too much.

I have to say although I really like the workout the cool down section is utter crap. After a workout like that she should be giving you WAY more stretching at the end. I know that if I wasn't already fit, did that workout and her inadequate stretching session I would be utterly crippled the next day :noway:

by the way if anyone would like to be my friend who is at a similar sort of stage to me that would be good!
    just started the shred but already reasonably fit and am doing it for toning/fat loss but not trying to lose lots of weight. I'm in the UK if you prefer friends in similar time zones, and my motivation is to look amazing by June when I will turn 40 :bigsmile:
    It would be nice to have people to suffer with on my feed :bigsmile:
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Day 5, level 1 done.

To those interested, my HRM is a mioDrive petite. Per workout it says I burn between 400 and 600 calories. For 20 minutes, I think that's far off.

Keep shredding all!

I'm 207lbs (at least weeks weigh-in) and my HRM says I burn between 315-330 calories for 20 minutes.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    level 1 day 2 (did day 1 yesterday)
    My daughter woke me up at 6.30 so I thought I might as well get up and get it over with. yay me! :drinker:

it felt a bit easier, maybe because I knew what to expect!
    My right knee is a little sore though - it doesn't like the side lunges. I think it's just muscle tightness though so I'm hoping I won't have to stop/modify too much.

I have to say although I really like the workout the cool down section is utter crap. After a workout like that she should be giving you WAY more stretching at the end. I know that if I wasn't already fit, did that workout and her inadequate stretching session I would be utterly crippled the next day :noway:

by the way if anyone would like to be my friend who is at a similar sort of stage to me that would be good!
    just started the shred but already reasonably fit and am doing it for toning/fat loss but not trying to lose lots of weight. I'm in the UK if you prefer friends in similar time zones, and my motivation is to look amazing by June when I will turn 40 :bigsmile:
    It would be nice to have people to suffer with on my feed :bigsmile:

I have to admit, I don't even do the cool-down. I know, i'm bad. I usually walk right out into the kitchen and get my drink that's been chilling in the fridge. The cool-down is lame, and yet, I've never been sore from not doing it. I have yet to get to a point where I'm sore from doing Jillian the next day. And believe me, I'm NOT in any kind of shape.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    My kids don't know the meaning of sleeping in- so I've been up since 630. I told myself that I'd lay in bed for an hour after that, do what I have to on the computer until 830. At 830, it's JM time! I'll be back to update how hard it was for me (or maybe it won't be- that'd be awesome!) once I'm done. :)

Update: Day 5- Level 1- DONE!

I think it's definitely getting easier. Those side lunges kill my knee (because it's so weak on the right side) and the anterior weights- UGH! But, the rest of it easier. I was able to do most of the butt kicks without modifying. I do have to hold my boobs down, and my 'hanging fat' though.

I think my body is getting used to regular exercising. I worked out just as hard as I did the other 4 days, but I burned 125 calories less. Today I only burned 208.
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ok got my Shred in for the day early today. Taking my granddaughter to play 2 sessions of lazer tag so that will be my extra for the day. Then walking the mall with 2 15 year old girls. I believe I will get my extra in easy. Have a great day and stay on board!
  • shedthem
    shedthem Posts: 34
    Options
    Level 1 - 3rd time - missed 2 days in a row. My daughter was up most of the night sick, so I never got it in:( Do I have to start all over???
  • fatgirlslim47
    Options
    Hiya I had yesterday off as I was in and out all day and my baby chicks were hatching!! but I did go and buy myself a new pair of trainners I found working out in bare feet a little uncomfortable. I have also added in 2 circuits of JM banish fat. A friend called around at lunch time and just could not belive how much weight I have lost and how my body has changed, yes she only saw me last weekend but I have been wearing baggy tops so people dont realise. We are all going out for lunch next weekend and I wanted to slip into something a little tighter and surprise them all oh well at least I know I am on the right track.
  • CaityB14
    Options
    Doing my 30 Day Shred in the afternoon! I'm a lot less sore than I was. The push-ups are getting easier... but I'm afraid to try the non-modified push-ups
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Level1 - Day4 complete

Missing yesterday really didn't do me any good. My muscles were too loose. They made me feel sort of weak when doing some of the exercises. I didn't like that feeling at all. I like the tightness better.

I went jogging for the first time afterwards with my husband. I actually enjoyed it.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have been good all week and I was pumped all week! Now im starting to feel like " oh I don't feel like doing this today" anyone else starting to feel like this? I am glad to see everyone else is keeping up with theirs though, keep up the good work ladies!
  • CaityB14
    Options
    Going to have lunch, digest it for a little while then going to do my Day 4- Level 1! What you ladies were saying about the HRM, I'm now worried I'm not burning as many calories as I think I am :frown: I guess I'll see when I weigh in on Monday, If I need to change anything
  • ThisAboveAll
    ThisAboveAll Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Day 5, level 1 done.

Keep shredding all!

I'm 207lbs (at least weeks weigh-in) and my HRM says I burn between 315-330 calories for 20 minutes.

I'm 175 pounds and I've burned 260/260/216/230 calories on the four days at level 1 that I've done so far. Mine is a Polar FT7 with a strap, love it!!!
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Day 6 Complete! :bigsmile: I did Level 2 and I jogged on my treadmill for 40 mintues! Now it's time to clean so here's hoping I have enough energy for that! Have a wonderful Saturday everyone and KEEP SHREDDING! :drinker:
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Okay so I have been good all week and I was pumped all week! Now im starting to feel like " oh I don't feel like doing this today" anyone else starting to feel like this? I am glad to see everyone else is keeping up with theirs though, keep up the good work ladies!

Good job at keeping it up all week! I feel the same but I'm just pushing those negative thoughts to side and reassuring myself that this is only going to take 20 minutes and I won't be regreting the results in the end! You can do this! WE CAN DO THIS! :smile: