"Shreddin' It & Forgettin' It"

Options

Replies

• sundaysurf
    sundaysurf Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki and Shredders,
    I am starting late. This is my second day. So far so good. I will take my measurements tonight and post. I love that it is 20 minutes. I can always find 20 minutes!
    Sunday
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    So far it's been a good day: healthy food, plenty of water, 45 mins of Wii Zumba, 20 mins of abs and stretching, 30 mins of walking the dog....and I've been putting off my Shred from the moment I woke up. Once I get going I'll be fine--it goes by quickly enough and just when I think I can't do another rep, she almost always says "two more" which I can do---it's just making myself do it. I just ate a grapefruit--a fructose boost, so in 20 mins I'm going to make myself get up and just do it (to coin a cliche').
    Thanks for keeping my accountable.
  • shanna5
    shanna5 Posts: 69
    Options
    Day 6 of Level 1 done, still have to do cardio though. I havent been feeling sore for the workout, so I stepped it up a bit today. 1st, I completed all of the pushups today, a first for me, even though it was the modified version! 2nd, I used 8 pound weights for the all of the strength training, except for those darn anterior lunge, arm lift thingys. I can only handle 3 pounds at the most for that exercise. I also took the suggestion of others and used the 3 pounders for the punching, but also used them during the butt-kicks. My arms are still shaking, two hours later! Hopefully I got a good workout in.

Happy Saturday!
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    L1 D3, my shoulders are burning! I am definitely feeling the upper body stuff. I had to modify the side lunges due to a knee injury, but I just do wide static squats instead.

Off to go for a long snowshoe this afternoon!

Everyone is doing a great job! keep up the good work! Just remember, it is only 20 minutes, you can do it!
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all my wonderful fellow Shredders. I just want to say something to everyone: I am so very proud of us!:heart: We are six (or five, or three, or seven...) days into the 30 Day Shred. We are sticking with it. And we are pushing ourselves to do the very best we can. I am so glad I found this group because everyone is so supportive and helpful. I don't think I could have done this alone. Having the group hold me accountable for shredding keeps me going when I really, really, REALLY don't wanna :sad: and we all know what each other is going through with (the sadistic) Jillian Michaels. So I just want to continue to encourage everyone to keep up the fabulous work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • catniss
    Options
    i freakin' did it!! I put aside all excuses and rationalizations and complaints and got off my (not so) fat butt and did it!!
    Day 3/ Level 2. I pulled out my old knee brace and that made a difference as well. Whew, I'm so done for the day...
  • 2blossom
    2blossom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I hope it's not too late for me to join this group. I just started level 1 of the 30 Day Shred program yesterday. I'm really excited to see the final results! I can attest that my right knee feels it today. I am not going to stop though; I will modify the jumping jacks even though Jill said not to do so. Streching is definitely necessary for me. I plan to add 30 minutes of walking/ jogging for the next 30 days as well.

All the best to everyone who decided to Shred it and Forget it ( I love the name) :o)

SW: 206
    CW: 189
    Waist: 38
    Hips: 44
  • CaityB14
    CaityB14 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 4- 30 Day Shred, then I decided to go on the Treadmill. I was on the treadmill for 32 minutes following its program, on the interval it wanted me to do 7.1mph for a minute but each time I stuck through for 2 minutes. I was so proud of myself. I think I averaged 6mph most of the time.
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow Caity! That deserves respect!
  • CaityB14
    CaityB14 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow Caity! That deserves respect!
    Thank you. Usually I'm like too tired to even run the whole minute
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Day 6 level 3 complete!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Day 3 L1 complete! Now I'm feeling it ouch! BUT I did do 12 non-modfied push ups before lowering to my knees.
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    L1D6 done...barely! Today ended up getting totally messed up. I wanted to get up early, exercise, then spend the rest of the day cooking and doing my homework. Not so. I slept until almost 11! I finally got up, checked email, MFP, and Facebook. Had "breakfast" (11:30ish) and cooked chili and roasted veggies so I would have food available during the week. My brother called to ask if I could watch my niece while they painted the house. He was supposed to drop her off after her afternoon nap so I thought I'd get some hw done while I waited. It is much easier to workout with her here than try and get any reading done. I had lunch (2:30ish), did all the dishes, and got about an hour of hw done then decided to start my workout when he called again (4:30) to tell me to come over for dinner. So I got changed out of my workout clothes, went there for a delicious dinner of roasted pork loin, mashed potatoes, and green beans then my sister-in-law asked if I could just stay there and entertain my niece so they could get some furniture moved (none of us were very ambitious or productive today). By the time I got home (7:45) the LAST thing I wanted to do was workout. But I had already put in my workouts earlier today so I could calculate what I could eat all day. If I skipped working out now I would be over by at least 400 cals!!! :grumble: Luckily I did about 20 minutes of Just Dance Kids with my niece and really tried so I got a little cardio in there. But my guilt overcame me and I forced myself to finally do my shred at 8:10, followed by 20 minutes of biking. So after all that I half-a$$ed the third shred circuit and majorly modified some of the exercises. I definitely didn't push myself as much as I should have. But one thing I realized that is very important: my endurance is much better earlier in the day. I was huffing and puffing and struggling so hard tonight but it was so much easier when I worked out before in the mornings. :noway: So from now on I really need to make sure I workout early in the day to get the most out of my workouts and be able to push myself harder. Sorry for the very long tangent. Hope everyone else had a great shred today! :happy:
  • catniss
    Options
    That is so cool that you stuck with it and did it in spite of all that was happening around you--good for you. I hope you are totally and completely proud of yourself!!!
  • horizonsp
    horizonsp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done. did level 1 with3 lbs wts...also did elliptical training.
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I think you did amazing and you should be so proud of yourself! You did it...you shredded even though you didn't want to. You are committed to this:smile: I am proud of you! Way to go!! :heart:
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 4- 30 Day Shred, then I decided to go on the Treadmill. I was on the treadmill for 32 minutes following its program, on the interval it wanted me to do 7.1mph for a minute but each time I stuck through for 2 minutes. I was so proud of myself. I think I averaged 6mph most of the time.

Awesome!!! Good for you!
  • Flacachica
    Options
    Day 3 L1 complete! Now I'm feeling it ouch! BUT I did do 12 non-modfied push ups before lowering to my knees.

Rockin'!!!
  • Flacachica
    Options
    Happy Saturday. Today i started over. It's a new 30 day Shred for me. I completed my first 30 days and feel pretty darn good.

Level 1 Day 1 was much easier the 2nd time around. I remember huffing and puffing through those jumping jacks and couldn't get the push up all done.... but today was a much different story! It's encouraging to see the difference in my performance. Plus, I'm using heavier weights this time around, and plan to try all the higher-impact moves. I think I'll take my measurements too (I didn't the 1st time and sort of regret it).

Yay for Shredders! :drinker:
  • wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Day 5, level 1 done.

To those interested, my HRM is a mioDrive petite. Per workout it says I burn between 400 and 600 calories. For 20 minutes, I think that's far off.

Keep shredding all!

I'm 207lbs (at least weeks weigh-in) and my HRM says I burn between 315-330 calories for 20 minutes.

I'm 175 pounds and I've burned 260/260/216/230 calories on the four days at level 1 that I've done so far. Mine is a Polar FT7 with a strap, love it!!!

Yeah, today my HRM said 685. The first day I did it, it said 377. So it's all over the place. Doesn't seem worth it, but it wasn't that expensive, so oh well. Mine doesn't have a chest strap, its just a little watch guy. Oh and I'm 187lbs.

Did Day 6, level 1 today. I'm looking to switch to level 2 when I can do everything with Natalie on level 1. Or at 10 days, because like other posters I talk with Jillian through the whole thing. I need to start working on what I eat again. I've been snacking on some bad stuff lately and I'm still trying to lose weight so I need to get back into paying attention to what I'm putting in my body.

Have a great weekend all. I have to play some softball tomorrow, so that's going to be a great workout. Yay!