Starting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (in 6 weeks)

Options

Replies

• gjspiller
    gjspiller Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    L1, D4

Today was a GREAT workout. Took yesterday off to get a mental/physical break from 30DS. I was able to get thru with more energy, and effort. It was definitely a lot better compared to Days 1-2. I will do one more at L1, then it's one to L2 for the next 5 days after that.

WELCOME TO ALL NEWCOMERS!

@ almondbliss: i hate the jumping jacks!! yes, i dread them! i feel like my whole condo is shaking, hahahaha. the neighbors are probably wondering. today i was just closing my eyes and counting to 30. that sucks about ur ankles. it's annoying when you have injuries and can't perform exercises the way you would like. i have a slight knee sensitivity problem, it's very painful to kneel on them, so it's hard for me to pop up and down to transition to each exercise or even do kneel pushups (so i put a pillow under them). i'm hoping that it'll get better as i get stronger.

@ leled27: WELCOME! i just bought the MJ Experience. Super FUN! i have about the same amount of weight that i need to lose, too. i'm supplementing my workouts with Just Dance2 (Wii) and Zumba (Wii). I might throw in MJ Experience..hmmmm...JUMP IN!

@ fitforlife_73, kathield : WELCOME! the more, the merrier...and you're not that far behind us!

@ TakeOne: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! and you celebrated by first working out! AWESOME!!

@ cnjulian: Day 8! WOW! Great! Keep it up!
  • Enduranze3
    Enduranze3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! May I join? I just received mine in the mail yesterday evening so I am going to start it today. I think I want to do the 30DS and add in my MJ Experience dancing, C25k (bought the app but haven't started yet), and I am still contemplating Insanity. I have over 80lbs to lose.

I have the MJ Experience and it is a fun workout. I'm in wk5 of the c25k. I need to lose 40lbs. I'm still flip flopping with the food and being consistent with my workout. Its hard, but I keep trying. :wink:

I too am having an issue with consistency, put I keep trying too!!

Ok so I completed L1D1. Let's just say I HURT. My husband was sitting down watching saying "oh you can do better. Why are you tired? That's nothing". I called his bluff and made him join me. Needless to say, by the end he was sweating, panting, and telling me he would never do it again lol.
  • Eilonwy74
    Eilonwy74 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello, all! This thread put the idea in my head to check out the shred, then I talked myself out of it. Then fate stepped in at Target when I saw a lone copy of the 30 Day Shred DVD sitting on a shelf. So I grabbed it and some 2lb hand weights (that my dog thought were really heavy bones and kept trying to drag off) and started L1 last night!

I think I cursed Jillian out a doezen times during that workout. I'll admit I modified the jumprope a bit because I thought my calf muscles were going to explode... That was the worst part. I've done 30 minutes of cardio today and plan to try the DVD again tonight. (I'm going to go at my own pace with this, taking nights off when I have dance or just feel like a regular cardio at the gym would suffice. I'm thinking of more like the 40-50 Day Shred. :) )

Starting Measurements:
    Waist: 40in
    Hips: 46in
    Bicep: 14in
    Thigh: 24.5in
    Calf: 17in
    Neck: 13.25in
  • Brazilianpearl
    Brazilianpearl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You going to love this workout (DVD).
  • mehstewart
    Options
    So I wanted to complete L1D3 today but I could hardly move when i woke up this am. then I was gone to a baby shower all afternoon and now am child sitting and can't get my workout in :( plus it didn't help all the delicious food that i ate at the shower today!! I will need some help kicking my butt tomorrow!!!
  • 2blossom
    2blossom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a little late... may I join this group? I officially joined MFP Feb./ 2011 and I really need to keep myself motivated. I just started level 1 of the 30 Day Shred program yesterday. I'm really excited to see the final results! My right knee feels it today. :sad: I am not going to stop though; I will modify the jumping jacks even though Jill said not to do so. Streching is definitely necessary for me. I plan to add 30 minutes of walking at home with Leslie in addition to the 30ds.

Good luck and happy Shredding :wink:

SW: 206
    CW: 189
    Waist: 38
    Hips: 44
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    Ok so I completed L1D1. Let's just say I HURT. My husband was sitting down watching saying "oh you can do better. Why are you tired? That's nothing". I called his bluff and made him join me. Needless to say, by the end he was sweating, panting, and telling me he would never do it again lol.
    He sounds just like my hubby...Exactly the same!
  • almondbliss
    Options
    Oh Finished L1 D5....Tomorrow on to L2.
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    I'd like to join this, maybe it will push me to finish it this time around. I got about half way last month and it was the boredom that got to me, even though I was seeing lots of results in strength and muscle growth. No weight loss but it's understandable as I really started with little muscles and not that they are huge now but they are a lot more defined.

That was one thing that worried me about this - getting too 'muscly' and not really losing weight. I mean, I did in a way because clothes are fitting a little better, but in terms of numbers nothing.

I like the approach of not doing it 7 days a week because I really think it will help with my boredom. Taking a break from anything most of the time is good for you! So I'm late to start with most of you, but since I've already done level 1 pretty recently I'll do just a week of level 1 and jump to level 2 the following week. I might even mix it up totally and every time I decide to a shredding session I'll pick a random level to do. Kinda wish there were more than 3 to pick from but seeing that I haven't even peeked at level 3 I probably have my plate full!! Good luck everyone!

Starting weight: 161.8
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Starting level 2 today...pray for me...lol
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Did the Level 1 shred again today. I think I'll get another in tomorrow and have 5 in the first 7 days of the month--all caught up. My muscles were a little depleted today. It was harder to get through than yesterday, but I choose to see that as evidence of progress--I'm doing enough that they're working on repairing. And I wore the wrong work out top today and spent all the jumping time with one or both of my arms holding in my boobs. I'll have to get another exercise bra.

My knees also hurt, but not from the jumping--from the knee push-ups. I've also started using a pillow.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    oh dear lord...just completed level 2 day 1 and it kicked my butt! I managed to pushed through it but within the first 5 minutes i was sweating insanely...
  • gjspiller
    Options
    yawn....just woke up...dragging today....last day of level 1 today for me.

@ ms_erica: GREAT job! way to push!

i'll be baaaaaack.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    L1D2- DONE!
  • almondbliss
    Options
    Ok, well I did my first day of L2 D6. I had to take it slow....I wore heels to church this morning, so my ankle is extra sore. I also forgot to press start on my HRM, so I guessed I burned at least 200 cals in 20 mins.
    I have a question for y'all...do y'all wear shoes when doing the 30DS .....I've tried, but it actually hurts my ankle more, so I go bare foot.
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    I think I'm going to try this starting tomorrow - I found a copy of the DVD and I've been curious about it for a while. I'm going from totally sedentary to trying this - should be interesting with my current carpel tunnel flare-up (I might be skipping weights, at least in the hand with the CT, for a little while) - but I'm looking forward to getting moving!

Is it too late for me to join in the thread?
  • gjspiller
    Options
    i worked out today (run/walked for 35 min) but didn't get to do 30DS today. then, i had a meeting with a client, and by the time i got back home, i felt absolutely sick to my stomach. i can't see myself doing the Shred today. i feel bad because i was on a roll.

but i plan on making it up tomorrow.

i need to get a HRM...any suggestions?

@ almondbliss: i do mine with shoes. yes. i probably would do better with shoes, especially with those dang jumping jacks. but i just put on socks and use my mat cuz i don't want the mat or carpet to get dirty.

WELCOME, newcomers!

Everyone else: keep it going!!!!
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    my shredding restart has begun! L1D1 complete... I do mine without shoes too. Today was ok, and I hope tomorrow I feel that delicious burn in my legs!

SW (March 1): 163.4
    CW (March 7): 161.2
    Woohoo!
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

And for any that don't have it, I will find the link online where you can watch it for free.

Here we go: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/UgpuDex8Iuo/
    Is that the whole DVD or just Level 1?
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    woohoo, I'm starting this today, have measured everything cos I'm hoping to see inch loss ;-)