30 Day Challenge Part 2

Options

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Yum Olivia's stuffed chicken recipe sounds delicious! I will have to try that one for sure:) Hope everyone has enjoyed a relaxing weekend. It goes by way too fast. Don't forget tomorrow is Weigh in Day and please be sure to post your weight loss and/or inches lost. Well tomorrow is Monday and the start of a work week so I'm going to make the challenge for tomorrow fairly easy to do.

********Mondays Challenge********
    Eat your leafy greens! !! Let's all try and eat at least one salad for either Lunch or Dinner. They are the quickest and easiest foods to prepare and are packed with vitamins, nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants that our bodies need:) The rule of thumb on lettuce, the darker the leaf, the more nutrition they provide. Salads prevent diseases, lower cholesterol, decrease constipation and if you eat one before the main course, you will eat less higher calorie foods. Just make sure you check salad dressing label for calorie content as some dressing are high in calories. Choose a light or low fat dressing and enjoy:)
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I usually go over my protein too but I make its lean protein like eggs, beans, or poultry. I'm not a big red meat eater, although I do like it for special occasions. I just got a protein power because early in the month I wasn't getting enough protein and its great for after workouts.

I am so wiped out today, I'm helping a friend pack up her house. I didn't realize how many calories i could burn cleaning.
  • abbylane35
    Options
    I've been away from this thread for way too long! We had our mid-winter break from school, and I gained a whopping 2 lbs over break. I'm back on track though, and am down 3 more pounds. My goal was to be to 246 by the 14th. I am at 253 right now. Maybe a miracle will happen (along with exercise and eating right) and I will get to 246 in a week. I might, I lost 5 lbs this week. :)
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    hi my sw was 196lb my gw is 187lb
    21st 194lb
    28th 191.8
    7th 189.6
    this weeks loss 2.2lb
    total weight lost 6. 4lb :) im going to have to be really good this week if i want to reach my goal. will post total measurement loss next week (if any :indifferent: )
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    what am i going to do after this challange, i like checking in with you guys every monday, it keeps me going. knowing all you guys are going through the same week after week. maybe you could start a group (the 30day challenge group) and we could all check in still on a monday and keep each other going. plus tasks every now and then. once a month we could say if we and lost any measurements, that sort of thing. just an idea what do you guys think.
  • hoosteen84
    hoosteen84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    SW: 235.4
    CW: 232.2

Lost 0.8 this week, which I'm VERY surprised at! I've had a week off work so I've literally sat on my backside for a week playing on the xbox & ate utter rubbish!
    I'm nowhere near my goal for the month (10lb) but at least I've lost something :)
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    Weighing in

02/14/2011: 115
    02/21/2011: 116
    02/28/2011: skipped
    03/07/2011: 115

Well...at least I lost that pound I had gained. These last 10 pounds are killing me. KILLING ME! :tongue: Have a good Monday folks!
  • swtchrypie
    Options
    HEY ladies! I LOVE salad so I am excited about this challenge. The only thing that bites is I just finished my good leafy greens and only have iceberg lettuce left. So I need to go out and buy some nummyness! ok well checking in today! SO I was weighing myself this morning and was soooo frustrated because it was saying I gained weight. BUT I realized my scale was on two tile and uneven. So when I moved it to one this was my outcome:
    SW:142.8
    2/21: 141.8
    2/28: 142.6
    CW: 140.8

Way too excited!!!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    weigh-in:
    SW: 183
    2/28: 176.5
    CW: 176

This is a .5 loss from last week, but as I've said before, for some reason (probably my looser eating habits on the weekend), I show loss on Tues or Wed. I'm also feeling like I'm a little bloated, probably b/c of beers this weekend. I did see 175.5 on Friday, but I'm not making that my official weight until I see it again.
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    SW 256
    2/22 skipped
    2/29 259
    3/7 255.5

Down 3.5 lbs yay! I really worked hard to mark sure I measured everything I ate and it paid off.
  • lesleed
    lesleed Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Weighing in (and trying to get back on track!) I'm up 2 lbs this week. UGH!

SW 165
    CW 162
    GW 155
  • misserrint
    Options
    SW 165
    CW 162.2

Losing weight is a lot harder now than it was when I was in my 20's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend!! I am going to have to go get some leafy greens at the grocery store today too! How is baby spinach on the health meter???

Weighing in

SW - 189.2
    02/21 - 186.8
    02/28 - 191.2
    03/07 - 187.2

I don't think I am going to hit my goal, but at least I'll have lost some!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    SW: 2/14- 175
    2/21 173
    2/28 171.5
    CW: 3/7- 170

2/14 Inches
    Waist: 41
    Bust: 38
    Hips: 44
    Thighs: 40
    Upper Right Leg: 25
    Upper Left Leg: 25
    Neck: 14
    Lower Stomach: 44
    Upper Stomach: 36
    Upper Arms: 14
    Upper Calves: 15

3/7 Inches
    Waist: 40
    Bust: 38
    Hips: 41
    Thighs: 39
    Upper Right Leg: 24
    Upper Left Leg: 24
    Neck: 14
    Lower Stomach: 42
    Upper Stomach: 35
    Upper Arms: 13
    Upper Calves: 15

I was pleasantly surprised at my inches lost in my hips, lower stomach, thighs, and upper arms! I didn't think I'd lose anything this week since we ate at Olive Garden last night and the sodium was through the roof and the weight loss has been going slow but I'll take it!
    I love todays challenge, I love my lettuce, Sheila...I almost always use baby spinach because it seems to last longer than romaine or iceberg in the fridge, and it is very good for you, every time I log it, it is a good total. I love the Dole packaged baby spinach, we also like the field greens.

Congrats on everyone's loss! I'm not sure if I'm going to reach my goal, I need to lose 4 more pounds between now and then but anything is possible! If you didn't lose weight, check your measurements, they are really encouraging to me today!
  • hnason
    hnason Posts: 6
    Options
    Down 2 lbs from last week! Bought a new fitness mag that inspired me to do some HIIT training. Killer workout - I want to cry at the end - but it produces results!

SW: 149
    GW: 139
    2/21: 146.4
    2/28: 146.2
    today: 144.2
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Woohoo I'm excited for everyone today on their weight loss!!! It's such a feeling to see that scale move or the measuring tape.
    We just have one more week to go of this challenge but I think we are all making excellent progress and let's all eat our rabbit food for today~

My weight loss for week- Exactly -2 lbs
    Inches lost for week - -3.5 in.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Last week we had been discussing whether to eat our calories burned from exercies. Below is a response from a nutritionalist & advid marathon runner. I wanted to share with all....

Response - Weight loss is a simple math equation.....create a calorie deficit and you will lose weight. If you want to maintain your weight you should eat the calories burned in exercise. But if you are after weight loss you definitely would NOT want to eat those calories. Training for a marathon is somewhat different though....you will want to replace some of those calories burned to help your body rebuild muscle after those long training runs. But a simple workout of <500 calories burned does not necessarily require extra calorie intake. Today for example I ran 12 miles (approx 1200 calories burned). I will eat a little extra today, but the goal is to eat "healthy" foods to rebuild my muscles....lean protein (chicken, fish), "good" carbohydrates (whole grains, fruits), milk, etc....not just the fun stuff like cookies, ice cream etc...Suprisingly many people find that they don't lose weight when training for a marathon...for a number of reasons....they are so hungry after long runs that they end up eating all of the calories burned, they are gaining muscle (which of course weighs more than fat), and also the body will store extra glucose (simplest form of carbohydrates) and fluids after long runs because the body thinks you will "starve" it again.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Last week we had been discussing whether to eat our calories burned from exercies. Below is a response from a nutritionalist & advid marathon runner. I wanted to share with all....

Response - Weight loss is a simple math equation.....create a calorie deficit and you will lose weight. If you want to maintain your weight you should eat the calories burned in exercise. But if you are after weight loss you definitely would NOT want to eat those calories. Training for a marathon is somewhat different though....you will want to replace some of those calories burned to help your body rebuild muscle after those long training runs. But a simple workout of <500 calories burned does not necessarily require extra calorie intake. Today for example I ran 12 miles (approx 1200 calories burned). I will eat a little extra today, but the goal is to eat "healthy" foods to rebuild my muscles....lean protein (chicken, fish), "good" carbohydrates (whole grains, fruits), milk, etc....not just the fun stuff like cookies, ice cream etc...Suprisingly many people find that they don't lose weight when training for a marathon...for a number of reasons....they are so hungry after long runs that they end up eating all of the calories burned, they are gaining muscle (which of course weighs more than fat), and also the body will store extra glucose (simplest form of carbohydrates) and fluids after long runs because the body thinks you will "starve" it again.

Thanks so much for this! I for one, rarely eat back my exercise calories. I know a lot of people say you should. But the way I see it, if I eat back all the calories I burned, why did I bother burning thiem in the first place? I know that exercise is to build muscle, tone, etc... but right now I am after weight loss. I'll worry about the rest of it later!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I try to make dark green leafy vegetables part of every day. Today, I'll take one of my big salads to work for dinner. Sometimes I get weary of all the chewing, but the various colors of all the good veggies in it make me smile. I add shrimp and hard-cooked egg for protein. I've been loving the organic baby "Spring Greens" or "Half (baby greens) and Half (baby spinach)" that Costco has. If I take at least a small salad every day, I can use up the big tub in a week. Did you know that the fat/oil in the salad dressing helps your body absorb the fat-soluble vitamins A, E, and K in the veggies??

I'm at 199.8 today, down 2.8 from last week. Under 200 for the first time since last fall!
  • kylakesgal
    Options
    Yes singer I had read that yesterday about the fat/oil in dressing! Do you make your own dressing? I was wanting a good homeade recipe using olive oil. Anyone have one?

Great job on the weight loss Singer!!! I'm sure you are soooo excited about that. I also like to add boiled egg to my salad and love a mix of salad greens. I think I need to go back to the grocery store today to pick up some more raw veggies. I also try to add a salad to my meals at least one a day. It keeps you from overeating plus I love salad:)