Team UK - March 2011

Options

Replies

• Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Non scale victory (of a sort...)

I was getting changed yesterday and my hubby came into the room behind me. He said "Why's your bum so floppy?" I said "WHAT????"

He then went on to explain that what he meant was my jeans were too big for me now and were sagging at the bum. NOT what I took from "Your bum's so floppy"...

So the weight-loss is working, now I just need to work on my hubby's compliments...
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Non scale victory (of a sort...)

I was getting changed yesterday and my hubby came into the room behind me. He said "Why's your bum so floppy?" I said "WHAT????"

He then went on to explain that what he meant was my jeans were too big for me now and were sagging at the bum. NOT what I took from "Your bum's so floppy"...

So the weight-loss is working, now I just need to work on my hubby's compliments...

Haha ahhhhh bless at least he's trying to compliment you! Well done hun, keep working on your floppy bum :)

xxx
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    ^ hahaha! I know the feeling, my MOTHER commented on my bum being more shaped in the middle of a shop last week! Mortified at first incase anyone heard, then quite flattered when I walked past a mirror and realised that I now have a decent shape :)

I also went to town last week and decided to walk the 3 mile journey and meet my mum and grandma there. They drove past me on the way and my grandma aparently commented on how much weight I had lost! Can only take that as positive comments this week but been really lazy this weekend!

Was at car boot sales on Saturday and Sunday, made sure my feet were constantly moving while I was selling but sausage baps for breakfast 2 days in a row was bad, need to plan this ahead for next weekend and bring a breakfast with!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Lol Annarea!
    I've the same with my work clothes, they just look ridiculous at this stage. I bought my first size 12 work trousers though this weekend (ooow the excitement) and they fit! Okay fair enough, they're too tight, so I don't wear them to work for at least another week (or two), but it's really a matter of one or two more kilos and they'll be perfect. Slowly it's dawning on me that this is do-able, that I actually can do this. Madness!
    Also got brand-new fancy scales this weekend, which gives the BMI/body fat etc but we can't get it to work. :ohwell: For some reason it worked once and after that it was weight only. Ah well. Other problem with it, is that's I'm heavier than on my old scales, yikes!

Happy Monday everyone, be good!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Oh I meant to ask, for the walkers amongs us, what's your favourite songs on your iPod to pound the pavements?
    Mine, at the moment, is Florence & The Machine, especially "Howl" is a brilliant track for flying it.

What's your favourites?
  • smileylittleorange
    smileylittleorange Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Office Birthdays = lots of cakes

Someones birthday which means there is carrot cake, chocolate cake and a box of chocs in the kitchen area *sigh* im convincing myself that they will be dry and horrid/not worth it - is hard work though :-( is right where I have to go and get my healthy lunch too!! Ah sod it - i don't need it just full of cruddy addditives anyway and id rather have homemade any day!!

just thought i'd share a random stream of consciousness lol!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    weighed in this morning. down 3 lbs! yes!! I want to lose 1lb this week to break my plateau though!! have been zigzagging since chrsitmas!

Anyone else with monday weigh in's ?
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Morning folks. :flowerforyou:

Blue skies here in South Wales. Far too nice a day to be stuck in an office... :indifferent:

Re the favourite tracks question, when I do run to music (I don't always) two of my favourite tracks are:
    - The Automatic "Monster" ("what's that coming over the hil....")
    - The Wonderstuff "Size of a Cow"

:happy:
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

mmm... *looks guilty* :ohwell:

I've been norty....

I've just palmed off a load of cake onto my colleagues. Had girls evening with friends, and friend gave us all a load of cake to take home. I'm thinking "I don't want this stuff in my house", so I'm palming it off onto the rest of the workforce, who are ploughing their way through a huge M&S walnut & coffee creme cake at quite a pace... :bigsmile:
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options

mmm... *looks guilty* :ohwell:

I've been norty....

I've just palmed off a load of cake onto my colleagues. Had girls evening with friends, and friend gave us all a load of cake to take home. I'm thinking "I don't want this stuff in my house", so I'm palming it off onto the rest of the workforce, who are ploughing their way through a huge M&S walnut & coffee creme cake at quite a pace... :bigsmile:

Good plan : )
  • pj_writer
    pj_writer Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    hello from another UK person. I've been using MFP on and off for a while but haven't really been on the forums much.

I'm trying to maintain and focus on getting fitter/leaner rather than actually losing weight (although I wouldn't *mind* it if I lost a bit I'm not beating myself up over it!). Really I just want to lose that annoying bit of belly that I can't get shot of so I feel good in a bikini this summer when I'll be 40 :noway:

I've just started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, I've done day 4 and am enjoying that so far. Hoping it will help with the fat loss!!

I also like going to the gym, running outside occasionally and am a big fan of Davina Mc Call DVDs. I also like climbing (usually indoors rather than on real rock) but don't manage to do so much of that these days.

My biggest weakness is alcohol. I usually eat pretty clean and can live without chocolate but never without wine! :drinker:

If anyone would like to add me as a friend please do
  • nikkionamission
    Options
    I'm starting to think us UK lasses really are a bunch of drunks!! I've only been using MFP for 4 weeks but have managed 2 big drinking sessions in that time, and that's me trying to cut back :blushing:

The weight's still coming off though so guess I don't need to cut it out completely yet! :drinker:
  • resh76
    resh76 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I joined MFP in late Jan, after a shocking weigh-in at the GP's. Posted on here a couple of times, but since i normally use the phone app to record my food I couldn't figure out how to post onto the forum.
    Anyways, had another weigh in last week and i have lost 5 pounds! Not that much over 6 weeks, but it is the first time i have ever tried to diet, so I am a very happy bunny! Got inspired to start on the 30 day shred this weekend. Seemed great while i was doing it, but feel like a tractor ran me over!
    Anyone else on the Shred? Tell me i will survive it please!
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    jst quickly popping in to say Ive lost 2lbs this week yahooo!!!! :)

Will be back later tonight to chat ;)
  • smileylittleorange
    smileylittleorange Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    jst quickly popping in to say Ive lost 2lbs this week yahooo!!!! :)

Will be back later tonight to chat ;)

Thats great especially as you were not looking forward to weighing in!!
  • pj_writer
    Options
    I'm starting to think us UK lasses really are a bunch of drunks!! I've only been using MFP for 4 weeks but have managed 2 big drinking sessions in that time, and that's me trying to cut back :blushing:

The weight's still coming off though so guess I don't need to cut it out completely yet! :drinker:

I try and have at least 3 nights a week totally booze free, then 2 others where I only have two small glasses of wine. The other 2 nights I'll have more but usually *try* not to have more than half a bottle of wine. If I go to the pub I usually stick to vodka and tonic but I hate slimline so have fat tonic.

It's definitely my 'treat' thing that I feel deprived of if I try to go without!
    We all have our weaknesses
  • pj_writer
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I joined MFP in late Jan, after a shocking weigh-in at the GP's. Posted on here a couple of times, but since i normally use the phone app to record my food I couldn't figure out how to post onto the forum.
    Anyways, had another weigh in last week and i have lost 5 pounds! Not that much over 6 weeks, but it is the first time i have ever tried to diet, so I am a very happy bunny! Got inspired to start on the 30 day shred this weekend. Seemed great while i was doing it, but feel like a tractor ran me over!
    Anyone else on the Shred? Tell me i will survive it please!

well done on the weight loss. Slow and steady is better in the long run as you're more likely to be able to keep it off.
    I bought the shred DVD last week - did day 4 today. I'm enjoying it but it's tough! It will get easier. Day one was definitely the worst, knowing what to expect helped on day 2 and I'm sure I can already feel my muscles getting stronger by day 4 (maybe it's just in my head, but who cares?!)
    good luck!
    Phil
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    hello from another UK person. I've been using MFP on and off for a while but haven't really been on the forums much.

I'm trying to maintain and focus on getting fitter/leaner rather than actually losing weight (although I wouldn't *mind* it if I lost a bit I'm not beating myself up over it!). Really I just want to lose that annoying bit of belly that I can't get shot of so I feel good in a bikini this summer when I'll be 40 :noway:

I've just started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, I've done day 4 and am enjoying that so far. Hoping it will help with the fat loss!!

I also like going to the gym, running outside occasionally and am a big fan of Davina Mc Call DVDs. I also like climbing (usually indoors rather than on real rock) but don't manage to do so much of that these days.

My biggest weakness is alcohol. I usually eat pretty clean and can live without chocolate but never without wine! :drinker:

If anyone would like to add me as a friend please do
    All three of my sons are into climbing. Two youngest do the indoor walls, but oldest has just started outside climbing. He was just showing me some photos on facebook of their weekend down in Newquay. I nearly fainted at the height they were climbing and the silly-sized crash mats they'd taken with them!!!! :noway:

Well done on everyones weight-losses this week.

My downfall is chocolate not drink. As I've been sitting here I've devoured a 100g of Green & Blacks chocolate with mint fondant at 478 cals a bar. Guess I'll be going over tonight then :embarassed:

Been lucky enough to be working outside today, and I actually feel like I've caught the sun, my cheeks are pink!

I enjoyed the 30 Day Shred but only got as far as level 2. I couldn't do it every day though, I hurt too much. I did 4 a week and noticed my waist shrank and inch after level 1. As for weight-loss that never happened I'm afraid :grumble: which is probably why I only went as far as level 2.

Great to see so many posts on here again, it got very quiet last month.

Onwards and upwards everyone :drinker:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello everyone!
    manic busy day here!

i do the shred but i only do it twice a week, im on level 2, went up after day 7 on level one as i felt it wasnt pushing me enough! so for all you worried abt it, you will survive it! level 2 well and truly kicks my butt! ive lost 2inches off both thighs, tummy and chest since i started doing it! so keep with it! i like it as its all i can manage after a hectic day at work!
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm sure those cakes/choc tasted awful :wink: well done "smileylittleorange" for resisting!!!
    Morning folks. :flowerforyou:

Blue skies here in South Wales. Far too nice a day to be stuck in an office... :indifferent:

Re the favourite tracks question, when I do run to music (I don't always) two of my favourite tracks are:
    - The Automatic "Monster" ("what's that coming over the hil....")
    - The Wonderstuff "Size of a Cow"

:happy:

"backinthenines" you live in Sunny South Wales?! Me too...i live in Cardiff!!!