T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team.. new thread :0)

Options

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Miss- Breaking the sugar addiction is hard stuff. I have a huge sweet tooth and have to constantly remind myself that "a smaller waist size feels far better than that sugary treat will taste!" Thats my mantra that keeps me from indulging every single day in the ice cream. Just keep in mind that in moderation it is totally ok to treat yourself but try not to use it as a reward system. I normally eat a sweet treat about twice a week, and I keep it to 1 serving size. Instead of eating a huge bowl of ice cream, I'll have 1 scoop of low fat frozen yogurt and add some berries to it. More volume, less fat, less calories and is a better type of sugar for ya. For the chocolate... Im a chocolate milk person. Cant live without it because I cant drink plain milk (something about it makes me wanna gag..lol) but I use the no-sugar added nesquick. I'd say the easiest way for me to break a sugar cycle is to completely avoid it for about 2 weeks, then I can go to a couple desserts each week, instead of every day. Breaking that "sugar high" is hard stuff tho. I've been there many, many, many times but it always feels so great and you'll be shocked at how much more energy you have once you get past it! :drinker: you can do it!

Deb- hopefully you will behave????? :grumble: don't make me break out the padded slipper on YOU now!! Its a new week.... no excuses!! Stay on track... you are doing so good!!

Vik- Fiber is what keeps you fuller longer and lean protein is what helps you build muscles. So if anything, I wouldn't recommend cutting those out. Protein also helps control the hormone that tells your brain your not starving all the time, so combining them is a win-win, especially in the morning. Being over on either one of those is fine, just try to get a good balance going with some whole grain carbs for energy and healthy fats to fight off the bad fat. Balancing it out will keep your energy level up and turn your metabolism into a fire burning inferno. :love: but there are worst things to be over on instead (sugar, sat fat, sodium).
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I just realized that I am 20lbs away from my goal of 200lbs. IF i can drop a pound a week, I should reach my goal by July 8th.... just in time for my trip to Vegas on the 10th!! LOL!!

Luxor-Pool-Vegas.jpg

Here's to sittin by the pool in a new swimsuit surrounded by hot men, sunshine, and a talllllll cold adult beverage!!:drinker:

Now if that ain't motivation to get my butt to the gym... I dunno what is!!:wink::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    VEGAS! that sounds awesome!!!!!! Are you the kind of person that keeps a count down calendar? Because if I was going to vegas, I would be marking those days down! Even though it's 20 weeks away! lol
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Oh Painten, I suppose you haven't read all my older posts. I guess I am the hoe in this story. Mike was separated when I started dating him in October. We dated from Oct 1 until Feb 1....during that time he was telling me he was getting a divorce and wanted to marry me. He was also going to counseling with his wife and going to marriage seminars.....she never thought they were getting a divorce she thought they were working on getting back together. He was playing both ends of the stick. He told me so many lies and I no longer trust him. BUT he lets a few days pass and the he calls me and says he misses me and how he knows he messed up. His newest lie is telling me he filed for divorce and he was in Vegas alone. Well I know his wifes family owns the timeshare he went to and several of her family members as well as herself goes to the NASCAR race there every year. So I know he wasn't alone and I am positive he didn't file for divorce before he left. He's just a bull****ter.( incase MFP stars out my word it is BSer LOL).
    BUt you're right I can't trust him and I need to make him leave me alone because I can never trust anything that comes out of his mouth again,

Weight wise, even though I splurged this weekend and over ate it only cost me 0.8lb gain. So Hopefully I will behave this week and lose that again and then some before Fridays weigh-in.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Deb

Sorry Deb i didn't mean to be a cow, i hadn't read your previous posts about how you got together but from what you've said it does seem different, they were seperated, he might have been decietful but they weren't actually living and sleeping together and planning on buying a new house, which is where my sister was with her ex. Completely out of the blue he anounced he'd been having an afair with a woman who apparently has only ever had relationships with married men a,d packed his bags and left his wife and children to move in with this woman. There's a lot more but i'm not going to go into it here.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Painten. I don't think you were being a cow. But I do feel somewhat guilty even though he was separated. I should have waited until he was divorced. I'm so sorry for your sister. Men can just be creeps!! There are a few good ones but they seem to be few and far between. I hope your sister can get through this. Hopefully you can be there to help her. I am thankful I found out now what a man Mike is and not married him right off the bat and then have him cheat on me, and tell people what an awful person I am like he talks about his wife now. I just need to totally cut all ties with him.

How is everyone doing today eating wise. I spent the day with one of my best friends and I got her to walk for 40 minutes with me. We did really good...she lives on a small island and we walked around the whole island LOL. She too has fibromyalgia so it's nice to have someone know EXACTLY what you are going through. We went to Applebees for lunch and I wanted a Reuben Sandwich so bad but I made the manager give me the menu that has the calories and it was 1130 calories so I decided to get the under 550 Dijon Chicken meal. We ate about 2pm and here it is almost 7pm and I am still not hungry. Last night I didn't eat dinner and I only had a yogurt today so I am trying to figure out what to eat tonight so I get more than 800 calories in today.

I have to go back to work tomorrow :( I loved having 4 days off. Wish I didn't have to work LOL Have a great night and see you all tomorrow.

Deb
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I am lost and I am not reading all of that lol So hope all is doing well. Cranky night for me I am shutting down asap. OH WAIT, I cant's cuz dinner is NOT EVEN READY YET!!!! AGH!
  • utahsis
    utahsis Posts: 49
    Options
    Not a good day at work at all -- however, I didn't make me pay the price by eating crap because I was upset -- yeah! ALMOST meet my water goal and stayed under food goals. Off to work out now -- perhaps I'll spend EXTRA time on the punches. Jillian Michaels :explode: says that will release some frustration.
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Speaking of cranky...whew I don't think you can hold a candle to my cranky, today...ALL DAY, Shawna. Although I caught your post on my Home Page and TOTALLY understand your ire. I've been ALL DAY and two trips to the office supply store trying to download my printer driver to my new lap top. BIG lesson...if you have Windows 7...get on line. If you have anything older than 18 months (and maybe even newer than that) nothing will download correctly. When I finally got it to work I ....yes... poured myself a wine, over ice (lasts longer that way...Ü ) So, I don't know what I'm going to do with the other programs from my old (6 yo) desk top. I guess every download will be an adventure! I hope your tomorrow goes better....and did you close on a home?

Do, I'm not logging in foods today...haven't really eaten anything, peanut butter toast and two graham crackers. I even forgot to get a Snickers bar on my second trip to the Office store this afternoon. So, I think I"ll finish my wine watch House Hunters, and hit the hay!

Deb...that is so cool you found your "old" friend. Like you, I connected via Facebook with my best friend from 4th grade through beyond college. Kept in touch while she was living in the Wenatchee area, but she divorced and moved to the Wet side and we lost contact. I spent three days at her home last Fall and it was the same as you, like those 20 years just disappeared! It's funny, we went to a little restaurant in Kirkland and the waitress asked if we were sisters! Happened all the time when we were kids, and our teachers always got us confused.

Wine is down, they picked the WRONG house, so I'm off to get ready for tomorrow. Have a GREAT day everyone. I'll be more personal to everyone later.

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    wow is it a full moon Monday??? Everyone is cranky. Well I had a good day, and I hope the rest of you have a good day tomorrow.

Vicky it's ok to have a glass of wine!!

utahsis good going not over eating on a frustrating day!!

Shawnalee: once you eat you should feel better....good luck hon.

HUGS TO YOU ALL!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Vicki, We did! We were approved for the 2br 2ba apartment in mukilteo. :-D We get the key March 25th... then the fun begins!!! Ha Ha yeah right!

Well it is a nice lay out and they have a FULL workout room with weights and everything, also it comes with painted walls, almond tan with a burn dark brown accent wall. Saves some BORING haha White is blah. ;) anyhow.., I will keep you posted as we get to the packin and all the really exciting but obnoxious fun! ;)

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am really lucky to have him around, I was just starving hahahahahah he was a gent and made me a salad to hold me over.

Meals are planned for tomorrow, just need to enter them into my diary and i am definitely hitting the hay a little early after THIS DAY. ;)

Talk soon ladies!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I love that the padded slipper is still floating around this thread! Deb, you are a fabulous slipper master! I also love all the chatter on the thread :love: Awesome!

Deb, I agree with you that you can't trust this guy and I am thankful that God revealed to you this man's true character! I can imagine how difficult this is for you and I would send you all my strength if I could just to help you out, but I am really proud of you for being strong and not letting him charm you into letting him back in! BIG hugs for you - I know there is something better for you just around the corner!! And thanks for letting me know that I needed to come let Vicky know that I'm alive... : )

Vicki - thanks for being concerned about me :blushing: . We had really NASTY weather, but no tornado by my place. There were some to the west of us - but we just got lots of wind and rain. I love reading your posts and I am glad you are here :happy: BTW, didn't you know that paying bills AND doing taxes in the same night should NEVER be attempted!! That's the sort of thing that causes people to dive in front of moving traffic or eat an entire gallon of ice cream. I'm sorta glad the tax program didn't work for ya - you really dodged a bullet there!! Sorry you had a bad day today, wine made it all better I hope:bigsmile:

Cyndi - Vacay in Vegas?? DH and I were talking about going in June or July - if we end up there at the same time, we HAVE to get together!! I'll keep you posted on our plans. Wasn't it last year about this time when we were all talking about a trip to Vegas for THE Team?? : )

Missabeez - my suggestions for "sweets" are: instead of cookies, eat a graham cracker (only 65 cals), break it into 4 peices so it feels like 4 cookies. Also, animal crackers and vanilla wafers are better choices than most. For ice cream, I buy Yoplait Whips and freeze them - then I put it in a bowl, crumble half a graham cracker over it and add a couple of spoonfuls of frozen organic mixed berries - feels decadent, tastes delicious. I'm a dessert lover so I have it most nights, but I keep it under 200 calories.

Shawnalee ~ No worries on reading everything, it's the checking in that counts! Cranky happens, no worries.

I love catching up on all your posts whenever I have a few minutes. It's been kinda crazy 'round here, so sorry I missed a few days. I did weigh in on Friday and had lost 2 pounds:happy: YAY! I changed my goal to 170 for now - I am doing a challenge with my DH and DD - 30 lbs. by August 30th.... Anybody care to join the challenge??

Gotta run for now, it's late and my behind is draggin'! I'm off work tomorrow though, yippee!

HAPPY MARDI GRAS, Y'ALL!!!!
    :heart: lulu
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Thanks lulu! It just gets so overwhelming to really stay caught up! haha You guys are great!
  • zoibas
    zoibas Posts: 31
    Options
    4859687.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Utah- GOOD JOB! Sorry you had a rough day!

Vik...go eat!! your low blood sugar is putting you in a bad mood..:tongue:

Deb... GOOD JOB on the Dijon Chicken choice. I had my meal all figured out for last night when we went, but as my day went on, I hadnt eaten anything and since it was lunch/dinner for me, I ate my usual burger. Not the best, but according to the calories not the worst thing on the menu either.

Egam, I don't do a count down anymore. Used to, but we go pretty much every year now for at least 3-4 days. We have a timeshare down there, but Hubby's company puts him up in a hotel (luxor usually) and he gets to work during the day running a booth at the cisco live convention (aka geek convention) which means I get to hang out doing whatevah from about 8am-6pm. Last year, I took my oldest daughter as a fun trip after high school graduation. Lots of fun, but since she wasnt 21, we were limited to what we could do.

Lulu..... TOTALLY would love to hook up if we are there at the same time!! That would be awesome!! We will be there Between July 10-14th as that is when the convention runs. Usually he gets to work for 2 days at the convention so I'll be wandering around free to meet up/hang out with anyone who's there! And, if his work schedule allows we might stay the week following.

I just finished a 2 hour walk on my treadmill. My day just got away from me with the errands I had to take care of today, so I popped in Secretariat on the TV and walked for the whole movie. My reward to myself for not going to the gym.... LOL I am so freakin tired... off to suck down some choc milk and hit the hay.

Night all!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Top tip for everyone...don't dye your hair yourself in the couple of hours after doign a work out *l* My arms felt like they were going to drop off.
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    lol painten I feel ya!!

I had to do a weigh in today!! I dropped under a 10 lb mark and was excited! Now just to stay under the rest of the week LOL

Thanks Lulu its been real rough! He is such a charmer. I can't allow myself to see him or I will be in trouble. But he keeps calling every few days just to tear my heart up.

Wow Cyndi walking a whole movie, AMAZING! I walked a whole island yesterday...only took 40 minutes LOL

30 lbs by August....I'd like in on that challenge!!

I need to get going and get to work have a great day all!!

Deb
  • lulubar
    Options
    Let's rock-n-roll team! We're half way through the week tomorrow night so: Are you drinking enough water??? Are you staying within your calorie goal?? Are you eating foods that are healthy so that you feel GREAT?? Exercising?? If not, it's time to turn the week around!!

Mardi Gras day was dark and stormy and windy and nasty - BUT I really enjoyed my day off staying home : ) I got all my cooking done for the rest of the week, yay! Cleaned out the filing cabinet, yay! And gathered up all the tax stuff to take to the accountant, yay! So, a productive day with DH and now...... Time for a 40 calorie Fudgesicle Fudge Bar ~ Yummmmmmmmm.

later gators ~
    :heart: lulu
  • lulubar
    Options
    Top tip for everyone...don't dye your hair yourself in the couple of hours after doign a work out *l* My arms felt like they were going to drop off.

That is hysterical!! AND, why are you up at 1 in the morning posting this? Where do you live? Oh, hope your hair turned out okay:noway:
  • utahsis
    utahsis Posts: 49
    Options
    Glad I wasn't the only grouchy one yesterday. Today was much better. I was so mad last night that I decided to go up to Shred Level 2 and was surprised at how much of that routine I could do. Getting stronger and smaller is awesome. I rewarded myself with bra shopping at Kohls -- they had a super, awesome sale. I just LOVE getting that receipt that says I saved $400 when I spend $100. Yeah I know I didn't really save that much since it's based on a suggested retail price that the item never really sold for, but heck it still makes me smile :bigsmile: Besides I heard today that a study said that shopping releases the same endorphins as exercise -- now if shopping could just make my hips go away I'd never have to Shred again.

DEB -- awesome that you hit a 10 # milestone. You just gotta love those round numbers!!! Great work.

I'm in on the 30# challenge by August....

Congrats on the new place -- now the fun really begins.

Great work everyone!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Thanks Utah. It will be fun to redecorate and have an open house. But I do not look forward to the boxes and the loading and unloading haha. Oh well, once settled in, it will be GREAT! :-D I felt better after dinner last night, I was just sooo hungry and had a LONG day. hehe but today it was a better day, excellent sub day and it was my dad's bday so I took him some suprises to his work and he had left early lol So I told him to wait for me tomorrow, or else! hahaha I was so bummed when I got there... he was gone. It will be just as fun tomorrow though. Then I MUST workout, I haven't since Sunday haha. oops.

Hope you are all doing well. :-D