you met WHERE?

Options

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I met my guy on Craigslist. I was really just looking for a FWB, but we really fell for each other right away. We have been together for 3 years and have lived together for 1 year.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    The airport in Anchorage, AK, USA. Which is odd because she's Russian and I'm English :-)
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    can you believe we are canadian? met at tim hortons..all the tables were full except a spot at his table. .. asked if i could sit with him and 7 years later we are building our dream home together.....
  • kbray003
    kbray003 Posts: 52
    Options
    In bicycle pro shop. It was my hobby job and he started cycling. I was there when he bought his bike and he started riding in our club. We became friends instantly and started dating the next year. We've been together almost 3 years and are talking about marriage. The best way to meet someone is doing something you love.... you have more in common that way. I've never met anyone in a grocery store.
  • Jbirx
    Jbirx Posts: 11
    Options
    I first met my husband while we were both working at a local theatre company after school and weekends. He asked me out I said NO as I didn't know him, my mum advised me that's how I would get to know him. The next day at school I walked across the recreation area with my friends to try and point him out to them but before I spotted him he saw me and yelled across the field "I didn't recognise you with you're clothes on", he's lucky after that ritual embarrassment that I agreed to date him.

After 2 years we broke up and went our seperate ways (not easy when you are still at the same school). 5 years later when I returned from university we met up through a mutual friend and we have been together ever since. 11 years in July, 7 years of marriage in August.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Across the hall in the house we shared with 6 other people when I first moved to London, 6 years ago!

I have never 'not' lived with him...haha
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I met my wife when we worked together in high school. I was 17, she was 15. It was love at first sight. Well, for me it was. For her, it took some time. I was the "nice guy" in high school, so I was quickly put in the friend zone. We were friends for a long time, through about a half dozen of her boyfriends, a marriage, a child, and a divorce until we finally got together. We'll be married ten years in October, and while I wished we had gotten together day 1, it certainly was worth the wait.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    We met online, playing in a trivia chat room. We're nerds. He fell for me on a Thursday, when I said "This must be Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays."

Ha! Love the HHGG quote :-)
  • ang_mitch
    ang_mitch Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    we are highschool sweethearts, met in grade 11, dated throughout university and now have been married 2 1/2 yrs and have a beautiful baby boy!
  • DimenaZhena
    DimenaZhena Posts: 102
    Options
    The airport in Anchorage, AK, USA. Which is odd because she's Russian and I'm English :-)

My husband is Russian/Ukrainian and I'm American! :)
  • dmsnurse
    dmsnurse Posts: 26
    Options
    I met my wonderful husband through our brothers. He is 2 years younger than me. Our brothers were friends in school and he needed a date for his senior prom. It took a while for him to realize we were meant to be together. But 24 years later, almost 19 years of marriage, and he still makes my heart pitter-patter.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I met my husband at a bar 17 yrs ago.
    We both were there as designated drivers for separate friends.
    He asked me to dance and the rest is history. We have been married 15 yrs.:heart: with kids.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    My last SO: on a double date, she was with my best friend and I was with my fiance. (not as torrid as it sounds :happy: )
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    We were in marching band together in college. Our first real conversation was on a bus. Our second conversation was under a table at the house the entire band was trying to crash at that night (both of us, being clever, thought "there's a person-sized piece of floor under that kitchen table." We've been trying to sleep in the same space for most of the last 21 years, and married in 1999.)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    We were in marching band together in college. Our first real conversation was on a bus. Our second conversation was under a table at the house the entire band was trying to crash at that night (both of us, being clever, thought "there's a person-sized piece of floor under that kitchen table." We've been trying to sleep in the same space for most of the last 21 years, and married in 1999.)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance in a local bar. I was a heavy drinker and was drunk! I was a photographer for a local band and he (being a single, church going guy- never went out) was dragged out of the house kicking and screaming by a mutual friend I went to high school with. He didn't drink at all! I was the outgoing one, he was the quiet one. We met that night.. He contacted me on Facebook the next day and I am now drink free for on-going two years at this time! I don't go out to local bars anymore and I find other things to do with my time such as spend more quality time with my family that I neglected to do so before, work out, and indulge myself in bible study. I became a member of our Wesleyan church and know that God in a way that I never knew Him before. I can honestly say I was never a church "go-er" and KNEW God before my fiance took me to church.. I was nervous the first time I ever stepped foot inside the doors.. Would the judge me? I am a recovering "party girl." Will the roof cave in!? LOL.. You know all the typical feelings you have, their church accepted me FOR me. They understood that a sinner can be redeemed and be loved and come to accept the Lord as an almighty saving God. I'm forever grateful for my fiance, his family, my family, OUR church, and our church family. I've been baptized and saved. I'm now fully devoted to my church and I love sharing my testimony with others. :happy:

Sorry for the ramble! Hope you enjoyed reading!

WOW! That's one of the best stories I've read thus far :)
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I met my husband by being fixed up by a mutual friend. It was a disaster from the get go. :laugh: I thought he was about 30 and he thought I was 16.......reality was I was 22 and he was 19. He ignored me the entire night and kept talking to my roommate, he made me drive because I was the only semi sober one and when we got pulled over for stopping in a park after hours to let the guys out to pee he threw himself across the trunk of his car after the officer said he was going to search it. After getting by with just 3 minor in consumption tickets and the relief of knowing there were no dead bodies, drugs, or weapons in the trunk I swore I would never talk to that idiot again. Less than 2 years later we got married and have been married for 26 years now. :bigsmile:
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    First time round the merry-go-round I was 18 and one of my best mates was dating her sister, the other was dating her best friend.

Second time round we were two lost souls travelling the same path for a while.

And as they say - third time is a charm, met by dearly beloved online in a trivia chat and haven't looked back since.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    At the gym....in spin class :-) True story! We were friends first but he kept asking me out. He's 12 years younger than me. We've been together almost 3 years.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I met my husband in an EMT class, I was setup to keep having him as a partner when working on our skills (he had already had eyes on me) - it took me until about the 5th time to realize I had been set up! I was concentrating too hard on learning everything that the obvious wasn't hitting me very fast. Then it hit me and we dated for several years, then finally married - it's been 7 years and we have 2 beautiful girls that we are both committed to making lifestyle changes for - we keep each other on track on our goals and are a constant reminder to the other of why we are doing this - for one another, our girls and many more years together. Ain't Love Grand!

And No - I'm not and have never been blonde - was just slow that day :blushing: