Oh no he didn't just say that!

Options
Still_Sossy
Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
I have only been working out for about 6 weeks. I have lost 16.5 pounds and still have a lot of toning and strength building to do. That said, I was dancing around to get some cardio in and my husband came home from work for something. He saw me dancing around doing my thing, (actually smiling and having a good time) proceeds to say:
"Wow, um, Shan, what have you been doing cause you really can not tell, you need to try something else if you want to be ready for a bikini."
Wth?! Yea so many other ways to say that! I am NOT working out and dieting for him, I am doing this for me and to make me feel good about me! Ooooooo I am soo angry! :explode:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    :angry:

Oh NO he did not!!! :explode: :explode:
  • Charlie002
    Options
    Go to the nasty thread. But grab a frying pan and "Wack!"
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Wow! I would be furious...Poisen him... LOL not enough to kill him..just flu like symptoms :bigsmile:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh..I would be IRATE!
  • SpartanHard
    SpartanHard Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    men are dumb - he was trying to be constructive & helpful and .... FAIL!!!

just chalk it up to a Y chromosome issue and move on.

Not fair and untrue!
  • katyygirll
    Options
    this is one of the many reasons why i hate men. do it for you! and not for nothing 16.5 pounds is A LOT!
  • mikeylikesit1177
    Options
    hmmm how do I say this......SHAN YOUR ****ING HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the launguage. Come dance for me anytime hun
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    MEN!!!! Typical.....foot in mouth disease. :wink:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    "Wow, um, Shan, what have you been doing cause you really can not tell, you need to try something else if you want to be ready for a bikini."

good response would have been: "keep talking like that and I might feel so self conscious that someone might not see me naked for a while." then glare
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Rude!
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Prove him wrong. I would shove it in his face once you succeed. But don't let it get to ya. Men will be men. Sometimes they speak before they think. In all honesty, he probably didn't mean to say it like it came out.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    WHAT!?!? NOT COOL!!
  • sbreduti06
    Options
    Girl you just keep in mind what you just said... you are NOT doing this for him,,, your doing it for YOU... and he needs to be more supportive and positive for you and your hard work... No matter what, God doesnt make trash and you are beautiful in whatever size you are... Keep up the good work and show him how bad a** you are!
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I am NOT laughing at you, but at his stupidity!!! Next time he says something like just say something like "well my boyfriend thinks I am sexy no matter what." and leave his mouth hanging! Just kidden. That is what I do with my husband but we have a joking loving relationship :)
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    well.......tried and true fix for that crap......withhold sex!

see how fast he agrees you have a perfect body :tongue:
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    men are dumb - he was trying to be constructive & helpful and .... FAIL!!!

just chalk it up to a Y chromosome issue and move on.

Ummm yes we are... He's probably thinking, **** that didn't come out right....oh well, what's for dinner?
  • BeGreat25
    BeGreat25 Posts: 78
    Options
    I am sure he didn't mean it. Does he work out himself? He prob was not thinking before talking. My fiance does the same thing. Just relax and shrug it off...it's all about how you see yourself. Congratson the weight loss.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    No sex for a week!!

I'd be so livid... not supportive at all. You worked really hard to lose that weight!