The Randoms - March 2011

Options

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    QOTD: If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be?

At the moment for me, it's Hawaii. It looks so amazing there! I love the beach, and I'm a bit of a geology nerd so the volcanoes look amazing. I'd love to hike around the area, spend a few days on the beach, etc. If I ended up living on the West Coast for my job, that was going to be my first major vacation since it's a shorter trip. Now that I'm in Virginia, I'm not sure when I'll get there. Hopefully at some point, it's like how I envision paradise in my head.. haha. Oh, and I can wear a bikini when I go and not want to hide under a sundress!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Sorry haven't been around lately. They have me busy at work testing tests.

If I could go anywhere right now it would be Australia. Nice and warm and such lovely accents.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    alaska I just think it is beautiful and so different then california.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My first race went well! Time of 23:57 for 300 m swim and 3 km run. I got a participation medal and I am waiting to see how I placed--they haven't posted the official results yet. I am now working on establishing a training program for the race I am hoping to do in June. The race in June is called "See Jane Tri for the Cure" and some of the entrance fee will go towards breast cancer research. Anyways, I am excited to get back into training. Oh, and I have been resisting going out to eat and there were some real temptations to do so this last little while!
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I offiicially signed up for my first 5K this afternoon! It's on May 1st and I'll get to run through downtown Washington DC with my MFP pal Sarah! I had an all time best 5K time on the treadmill last night of 37:25, running 6.0 for a few minutes and walking 4.0 for a minute or two. I'm gonna stick to that method and build up (basically with the C25K method, hopefully running longer intervals until I can go straight through). Since I started with 5K training last week, I'll have 2 months to prepare for this race.

And it's run by a brain tumor foundation, which is how my boyfriend's father passed away when he was a teenager. So I think it's a fitting choice for my first race :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I have a 5k on saturday down in Pensacola and for anyone that hasn't seen it yet. Here is my outfit for it. http://plixi.com/p/81782872
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I have a bucket list. Some include: Italy, Spain, Australia, Disney World, California, Maine, Hawaii, and the list goes on!
  • themommie
    Options
    today I played wii with my daughter for 45 mins and then went on a walk for 25 mins. It was such a nice day out, the sun was out and it was warm and lots of people out walking. Hope everyone had a good day
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    So I've been super busy and all recently, but Bryan is BACK!!!

QOTD: What am I giving up for lent?

Well since I'm not a christian, absolutely nothing :)
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I've never really given things up for Lent, and I was raised Catholic (I gave that up too a while ago after 12 years of Catholic school... haha). I'm just using the new month to get myself on track again. I'm training for my 5K which is the weekend after Easter (May 1st), so I want to keep my eating on track, stop snacking so much in the evening on junk, and get better with my running. Hopefully the scale starts moving... once stupid TOM goes away and I can actually see the results of the last week.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    QOTD: What are you giving up for lent?

Nothing, If I give something up that means I will just want to binge on it when lent is over.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    QOTD: Giving up for lent?

I considered it even though I'm not Catholic. But couldn't think of anything that I hadn't already either down sized enough that I probably wouldn't miss it or that would feel like a real 'give up' So I guess I'm going with nothing too!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    *peeks out from under rock*

HI!!!! :o)

Oh my gosh can someone please come rescue me? I love being busy and at the same time I can't believe that 4 months ago an average day was me and my house/gym. Before that it was just me and my bed. Oh my word. I LOVE what I am doing but I can't believe the craziness and keep telling people that I hope I have hair when I'm done with all of this. Our first fundraiser for my non-profit is coming up in 3 weeks and promoting, planning, practices...Okay! This is a safe zone. I don't have to think about it here! LOL! :o)

Ready to get to know Tara's QOTD answers rapid fire? There will be a test...hehe...

QOTD: What was your childhood dream and did you accomplish it?
    I wanted to be a singer, lawyer, beautician, realtor, vet, and work with charities. I wrote a list in the back of every diary. Two down. Four to go. Haha! My sister is actually living out the singer/actress dream for all of us right now! She is moving to NYC and hopefully won't be the starving waitress type! :o)

QOTD: Who in your "family" do you take the most after? mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandparent, close family friend??????
    Interesting question. *crickets* I have no idea. I have no idea. My dad is nerdy. My mom is anti-social. I barely knew my grandparents. One was an alcoholic, one barely spoke to me, and one was so frigid it was hardly a grandparent relationship. My mom's mom died when she was 11 and my family say I'm a lot like her. Determined, stubborn and sure of myself. She was absolutely beautiful and looked like a movie so maybe one day I will have that going for me too!

QOTD: What was our favorite toy as a child?
    BUN BUN! This tiny little bunny, maybe three inches, four inches tall? Stuffed. Oh I loved her! I still have her! She is on my shelf in my office! I have all of my things that have inspired different parts of my life and she definitely inspired me to write! :o)

QOTD: If you had to choose to not ever wash your bed sheets again or not wash your bath towel ever again, which would you rather not wash?
    LOL! Okay I HAVE to have clean towels. The few times I've reused a bath towel...its traumatic. Plain and simple. I just got clean...you really think I'm going to dry off with something filthy? No. *shiver*

YO MOMMA. Okay, I don't know where that came from. I got to relaxed here on MFP. lol! Paris, Italy....Greece...Sigh...

QOTD: Are you giving up anything for Lent? If so, what?
    My sanity. My time. My life. But I didn't really have any of that before. So I will have to rethink this answer. :wink:

I need to figure out how to come back more often. And how to workout better. I just started running outside for the FIRST time! I was so proud of myself! Started running for the first time ever in November and ran outside on Monday, one mile! Little bit at a time I'm upping it! :o) Friends of mine joined my gym so I'm hoping to do the Yoga class with them in the evenings. I can't spread myself too thin but I'm having a hard time doing this since its my first time in 5 years being healthy. UGH.
  • themommie
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great day. I went for a walk this morning. It was really nice outside. I walked through the neighborhood to the park and around the park 3xs. I am curious to see what the scale says tomorrow. I have been really good this week and have upped the exercise. My pants feel looser , so we will see.

QOTD what are you giving up for lent?
    I am not catholic but also couldnt think of anything that I havent already cut back. So I guess nothing unless I come up with something in the next few days
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    QOTD:
    Well, I'm not giving up anything for Lent because I'll forget that i gave it up, BUT I am going to work harder at achieving my goals, not that it has anything to do with Lent, but you know! I thought about Diet Coke, but I. Just. Can't.
  • themommie
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at 194.8, I lost 3 lbs this week. YEAH , all my hard work paid off. I hope everyone has a good, healthy, active weekend.
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    QOTD: Pets!!! If you have any, what? If you don't have any, what would you have ignoring any financial issues or allergies?

At my parents house (going back in a few days, SPRING BREAK!!!) we have a wonderful german shepherd/retriever mix named Chester. So cute! When I get my own house, I plan on having a german shepherd and a siberian husky.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    QOTD: Pets.

We have a golden retriever, Boomer. And a pit bull/lab mix, Cyrus. When we first had kids I was really nervous that our mix, Cyrus was going to be trouble with the babies. But he's actually the one whose taken to the kids best. He'll lay on their beds with them and let them rough house him and never make a peep. Does help that the kids love to get the treats out!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    QOTD: I have one fat old cat named Dega (after Talladega). I would like to have a dog as I grew up with St. Benard Huskys. I like big dogs because of this. German Sheppards, Huskys, Boxers etc.