Beach Ready Challenge

Options

Replies

• jennymaree05
    Options
    I've been slacking :/ I didn't work out at all Monday or Tuesday and had no reason not to! So, this morning I got up and burned 420 calories. I wonder, would it be less productive for me to burn 400 in the morning and 300 in the evening since I now need to burn 700 every day this week to meet 3500?

Gotta get my butt in gear!
  • Shawna_831
    Shawna_831 Posts: 316
    Options
    I'm behind on calories burned. I didn't work out on Monday because my daughter's ortho. appt. was 7:30am. Today is my baby boy's 7th birthday so I skipped the workout to make him pancakes,eggs and bacon. I skipped the pancakes but did have 3pcs of bacon. I get off work early today so I'm hoping to put in a long time working out this afternoon. Maybe i can hit 1,000 today :happy:
  • wf0439
    wf0439 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well the 8 glasses of water is tough...3 trips to the bathroom last night. I don't drink diet soda very often so that is not difficult.
    Can I include my cups of tea as water??

I have been on track for exercise so far anyway.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    jenny-I think as long as the calories are burned at some point in the day, you will be fine. WTG sticking with the goal even after skipping 2 days of workouts! Plus, a workout in the morning will boost your metabolism for the day. And I feel good exercising in the evening because I feel like I am burning off the crap I ate all day, lol.

Shawna-happy birthday to your baby boy! Good mom to make him that good breakfast! :smile: Good luck this afternoon.

wf0439- I have heard tea can "sometimes" count...like you shouldn't have more than 2 of your 8 glasses be something other than pure water? But I sometimes count milk in my glasses because it is hydrating.

I'm doing great with the 8 glasses of water per day. I was doing about 7 per day, so it's not that different.

For exercise, I had 843 total, so I am a little behind. I am going on a bike ride this afternoon and to hardcore Zumba class tonight. The instructor for the class I am going to tonight always kills me, lol, so I know I will be back on track to meet the 3500 cals burned goal!
  • jennymaree05
    Options
    Managed to burn 610 calories today, part in the morning and part after work. That leaves 2,890 to go....yikes!
  • Shellndub
    Shellndub Posts: 72
    Options
    I want to join. Even though I'm late to start! Just signed up today. Very exciting!! I do most of my exercise at home (Wii Just Dance2, Wii fit, Eliptical , etc) Would love to meet some "buddies" for support.

Thanks so much!!

P.s. Picture is a motivation..not actually of me..lol
  • kasonsawyer
    Options
    Mon: 45 minutes - 190 calories - walking my dog in the neighborhood (rest day) - 64 oz. of water
    Tue: 95 minutes - 729 calories - treadmill and strength training - 64 oz. of water
    Wed: 68 minutes - 611 calories - 3m run and strength training - 64 oz. of water
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Left to go: 1,925 calories and 256 oz. of water

Signed up for a half marathon in mid April. I'm nervous, but excited. :smile:
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Didn't workout today... I got busy with my sons birthday. I have to double up this weekend now. I managed to eat a very small piece of cake. I'm not big on sweets so that was easy. I'm sure with all the cleaning I did that I burned a decent amount today. I'm not going to log them though. I am getting all my water in!
  • kh0215
    kh0215 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hit the gym today with a pretty good burn!! I did have a diet coke this am- my teenage dd and I had a fight and I opened the damn thing before I even thought about it!! GRRR!

Up early in the am to Shred with my hubby. then work for another 10. I am doing some isolation exercises at my desk and my abs are killing me!! Must be working right?!
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    So I know I'm defintily not going to hit the 3500calories burned this week...I've been so slack! I'm feeling very exhausted this week so its been hard to get my butt in gear!
    The water is no problem, I drink about 96oz of water a day at work...and I dont drink soda so I dont have to give that one up.

So yesterday; Wednesday, I burned 200cals. I only did half of JM -Banish Fat Boost Metabolism video. I ususally do the whole thing, but like I said, I'm so tired, I think I might be coming down with something.

I am going to work out when I get home this evening.
    I think next week might be a little easier, I'm going back to my regular position at work after being placed elsewhere for 2 months, and there I have the chance to go out for little walks on my lunch break...so I might burn a 100cals...but it all adds up right!

Hope you all have a great day!
    Rhonda
  • SKelley1218
    SKelley1218 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    keeping up with the water and no soda so far...
    1620 more calories to go for the week!!
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    Options
    Is it too late to join this challenge ?
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    Options
  • kasonsawyer
    Options
    Mon: 45 minutes - 190 calories - walking my dog in the neighborhood (rest day) - 64 oz. of water
    Tue: 95 minutes - 729 calories - treadmill and strength training - 64 oz. of water
    Wed: 68 minutes - 611 calories - 3m run and strength training - 64 oz. of water
    Thur: 67 minutes - 623 calories - 3.5 m run and ab workout - 64 oz. of water (had to shove it down today :frown: )
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Left to go: 1,347 calories and 192 oz. of water
  • Shawna_831
    Options

Never too late!
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    So the doctor I work for (weight loss doc) said that we need to drink HALF our body weight in water every day! :noway:

Here I was thinking that I was a rock star for getting 64oz in every day. :drinker:

Its Friday baby! The week has been going pretty good. I've managed to get all the water in but I did have my diet coke slip on Monday. :sad: I'm starting a cleanse today :explode: so maybe that will help in losing a few pounds.
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Even though we are on week 2, anyone can join in still. This is a challenge that will go till the 1st day of Summer (June) so all are welcome:flowerforyou:
  • kasonsawyer
    Options
    Only got 48 of my 64 oz. of water in today. I just couldn't drink any more. No exercise either :frown: Under my calories though. Tomorrow is another day... :happy:
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    I am so NOT feeling a workout today. :yawn: Maybe it will kick in later but as for now...not so much.:grumble:
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    I so failed this week with my work out! :grumble: Didn't make the 3,500 mark at all. :sad: But on the bright side...I dropped 2 pounds! :tongue: