~ 30 Day Shred ~

Options
Tomorrow morning, I'm starting on my second round of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. Ten consecutive days per level, with measurements, weight and before/after photos.

Anyone care to join me? Would love the company -- whether you've done it before or this would be your first time -- the mutual support would be great!

Replies

• agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why this dvd is marketed to do every day. Aren't you supposed to have a day of rest between workouts with weights?
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I will join you! I have done it before - last summer. i have been doing the power 90 tapes - complete two rounds. Going back to the 30 day shed will be a good change. Tomorrow it is!!!
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    I'm on level 2 right now. It can be done every day because it's no more than 5lb weights...at your discretion. It's only a 25 minute workout. Just make sure you stretch afterward, plenty of water, plenty of rest.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why this dvd is marketed to do every day. Aren't you supposed to have a day of rest between workouts with weights?

I totally understand what u r saying.. I tried doing it for the full 30 days and ended up quitting on like day 5 or 6.. My body needed a rest.. Now I just use it to switch up my routines every once in awhile..

Good luck tho CHANDRA!! Uve done it before Im sure u can do it again :happy:
  • Chrizzle21
    Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to order this thing...everyone is talking about it!
  • xLaurenex
    xLaurenex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I hope to have this by tomorrow, if I do, then I will defo join you.
    :-)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 right now. It can be done every day because it's no more than 5lb weights...at your discretion. It's only a 25 minute workout. Just make sure you stretch afterward, plenty of water, plenty of rest.

Exactly! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Good luck tho CHANDRA!! Uve done it before Im sure u can do it again :happy:

Thank you!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Great!! So happy to have you all on board with this... I'm excited to get this going again! :)

Let's just meet up here occasionally -- daily or however it works out for us all -- let everyone know how we're doing and all that... it'll be fun! :)
  • izzys1mom
    izzys1mom Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm in.....just did day 1 level 1 this morning :)
    Question: for those of us that are bigger....does anyone have a hard time with boobs & stomach pain from jumping jacks and jump rope?? It feels like someone is trying to pull mine off!
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    There's no time like the present! Count me in. I've been wanting to start up the 30 Day Shred for a while now and tomorrow is a good time as any :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Awesome! The more the merrier!! :-D
  • Sarahclarke82
    Sarahclarke82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm doing day 3 of level1 tomorrow so I'm in too!
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just finished D4L1 of the shred, but I'd still love the support :)
    And I think I'm going to take a day off every 6-7 days... it is important for your body mentally/physically to at least get one rest day to recuperate.
    Good luck everyone :)
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

In Jillian's new DVD, Ripped in 30, she specifically says at the beginning of the DVD that you are supposed to do each level for 1 week, but to make sure you take a day of rest every week. She says to do the DVD 5-6 days per week. I wonder if we are supposed to be taking a rest day in the shred too, but she just never states it in that DVD. I like the Ripped in 30 much better than the 30 Day Shred.
  • ang2803
    ang2803 Posts: 39
    Options
    I am doing the running then I do the strength training from her videos after so I am kind of doing it with you lol You will do great like you always do hun!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Welcome to everyone!! Can't wait to get this started! :)

sherip22 -- I'm intrigued about Ripped in 30 now. May have to give this a try after this round of the Shred. Thanks!

ang -- Thank you!! I'm keeping up with my running also... gotta be prepared for these running events this summer! :)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Day 1 - level one 30 day shred - check

It felt good to do the shred. Forgot how much I love/hate Julian!!!

Hope everyone else did good!!!
  • Project_Jo
    Project_Jo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is perfect! I just bought 30DS earlier this week and was hoping to find a group starting it soon. I may be a little late, but I'd love to join. I'll do Day 1 this evening!
  • Gemmie28
    Gemmie28 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey guys

I ordered this DVD last week and got it in the post today!
    So I will be starting mine tonight too! x